Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5171 5172 [5173] 5174 5175 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513872 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77580 on: May 26, 2015, 12:33:13 am »

I just went through his profile.

Lazy bastards... >_>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151000.0
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77581 on: May 26, 2015, 02:49:11 am »

suddenly stopped myself halfway through implementing some stuff into a mod by seriously questioning whether I should include something so f

actually typing it out loud (uh or whatever you say for that) made me realize that it only matters in the scouter, so I could just sorta have "modes" in-game

shadow dragons come, get into BTtL mode with all the baggage that comes with that

...and tbh that's the only mode i'm going to need until Super comes out and Super will only require a new mode if it actually introduces new stuff

WOO STRESS DONE WITH

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #77582 on: May 26, 2015, 07:52:56 am »

Someone stole the lid to my trash can. Why the fuck would anyone even bother with that?

It wasn't even a particularly nice one, as far as trash can lids go.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #77583 on: May 26, 2015, 08:11:11 am »

I am not sure if I should try eating this "jidan zhipin" (=egg product) and some sort of almonds in melted sugar candy thing that my Chinese teacher gave me, from china... :v

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77584 on: May 26, 2015, 08:16:07 am »

Someone stole the lid to my trash can. Why the fuck would anyone even bother with that?

It wasn't even a particularly nice one, as far as trash can lids go.
Clearly someone disagrees with you, flame.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77585 on: May 26, 2015, 08:17:42 am »

I feel so, so bad for anyone who has to deal with these people.
I don't even understand how it happens. How can someone who used a computer for hours a day not be able to work through a menu, do very simple troubleshooting, or if it comes to it, look up a solution on the only-technically-finite resources of the Internet.

I am not sure if I should try eating this "jidan zhipin" (=egg product) and some sort of almonds in melted sugar candy thing that my Chinese teacher gave me, from china... :v
You should, yes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #77586 on: May 26, 2015, 08:30:32 am »

I ate the almonds, they were ok.

I'm still not so sure about the egg paste xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77587 on: May 26, 2015, 09:01:53 am »

I feel so, so bad for anyone who has to deal with these people.
I don't even understand how it happens. How can someone who used a computer for hours a day not be able to work through a menu, do very simple troubleshooting, or if it comes to it, look up a solution on the only-technically-finite resources of the Internet.

Yeeeeea. They're a lot more common then you might imagine, too. I'm no programmer or have a computer tech level of knowledge, but I'm able to deal with most issues just through quick internet research (and skilled enough to find internet access if there's any avaliable). I've set up simple SQL servers, compiled executables and dealt with annoying registry issues and viruses before just by googling how to do it (of course, I cant actualy remember how to do any of that by now :v).

Today, being able to deal with small computer issues and certain less then obscure functionalities are pretty much key skills to live properly. If the newer generation isn't able to deal with that, then.. :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #77588 on: May 26, 2015, 09:12:01 am »

It concerns me that he seems to think that Ubuntu Touch is a viable/semi-viable phone OS choice, despite admitting that it doesn't work for a phone's primary or secondary use.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77589 on: May 26, 2015, 10:49:18 am »

... that's a pretty good idea. You should do it. Could probably get people to buy it from you, if the quality's good enough. Know plenty of art-folks that wouldn't mind a resource like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77590 on: May 26, 2015, 10:55:29 am »

I made a thread for D&D/Pathfinder discussions, we could continue this over there to avoid further derailing of the WTF thread, if you guys are so inclined.

There's already like three of those
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77591 on: May 26, 2015, 11:25:37 am »

Not completely accurate, there is the 5th ed thread in other games, but that mostly gets into mechanics, there are several let's play and forum games, and there is the tabletop games thread.  For whatever reason there was a LOT of talk about happenings in-game and regarding DMs etc. that was happening here and in the happy thread, so I decided to put together a place to specifically discuss those things.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77592 on: May 26, 2015, 11:57:50 am »

it bothers me that he writes android off so easily, while lauding linux.

6 apps he should consider trying out:

SuperUser (comes with basically all root enabling packages.)
Terminal Emulator (gives access to android's adb shell directly on the phone)
Linux Deploy (what it says on the tin. very useful in getting what is esentially a chroot linux going with the phone's builtin kernel)
VNC viewer (linux deploy drops a linux that runs a vnc server. This lets you poke at the gui hosted by that vnc server from the android sandbox.)
ConnectBot (a nice ssh client, which again can connect to the linux deploy running instance of userspace linux inside its chroot, using ssh.)
BusyBox (the swiss army knife of embedded platforms. REALLY opens up what terminal emulator can do.)

With those 6 apps on my phone, the mittens are off.  I can run fucking apache web server FROM MY POCKET.  I can use regular expressions and bash scripts to chew through his list of WPA2 passwords in minutes, without having to find a PC. I can even run wifi password cracking tools right there in his classroom, without him even knowing. I can directly connect to an SMB or NFS share and start editing or moving files around. I can change filesystem permissions. I CAN EVEN PRINT to a network printer.  The phone in my hands is now what it actually is, a general purpose computing device in a tiny formfactor.

Then again, I know how to use a computer. :)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #77593 on: May 26, 2015, 11:59:42 am »

Also Hacker's Keyboard, probably.
The big issue with Android and doing anything power-user-y is that soft keyboards are horrible, horrible abominations (and it's not really their fault).

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77594 on: May 26, 2015, 12:02:41 pm »

Indeed, that's why I drive a mytouch 4g slide, running cyanogenmod 9.

It's behind the times hardware wise, but it has a qwerty keyboard slide out.  I am making this post on it right now in fact.

Pages: 1 ... 5171 5172 [5173] 5174 5175 ... 11037