Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5139 5140 [5141] 5142 5143 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492430 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77100 on: May 21, 2015, 07:56:07 pm »

No she specifically "Doesn't want 'me' to have it" because she cannot fathom a reason I'd want it for legitimate reasons

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #77101 on: May 21, 2015, 07:56:23 pm »

My personal WTF. I recently remembered the band/TV show that I was obsessed with when I was younger, the Wiggles. And it's probably one of the weirdest, most bizarre things I've seen.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77102 on: May 21, 2015, 07:57:50 pm »

I feel like there must be a something you're not telling us behind that, Neo and I'm not sure I want to know, really.

Whole thing just seems odd, way you've said things.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

blazing glory

« Reply #77103 on: May 21, 2015, 07:58:47 pm »

My personal WTF. I recently remembered the band/TV show that I was obsessed with when I was younger, the Wiggles. And it's probably one of the weirdest, most bizarre things I've seen.
Ah yes..the Wiggles.

I can't recall if I ever liked it but it annoyed me a whole lot in the later years.

Same case with Barney actually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77104 on: May 21, 2015, 08:00:30 pm »

Yeah but the whole hatred of Barney though if anything is proof as to how good it was.

The simple "objection of the old" that kids get :P

Sometimes while still watching it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77105 on: May 21, 2015, 08:11:56 pm »

I feel like there must be a something you're not telling us behind that, Neo and I'm not sure I want to know, really.

Whole thing just seems odd, way you've said things.
Near as neo's told us, his sister just seems to think that the only reason a male would want a stuffed animal would be to fornicate with it. Not really neo specifically, just... any of them. Cultural insanity, probably,* or some really odd experiences in 'is family's life.

Personally, I don't want to know why she immediately jumps to that conclusion, either. It wouldn't be my first guess, heh.

*I mean, hell, I still remember a jerry springer episode where some random dude unzipped and humped a stuffed bear on public television. The narrative is out there. It's stupid, and silly, but it's there.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:18:18 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77106 on: May 21, 2015, 08:40:01 pm »

It is a far easier chain if you think of it as her accusing me of being a Furry without knowing what a Furry is beyond that CSI episode.

---

Soo I am watching old Episodes of "As Told By Ginger" a show that I surprisingly like.

But I am noticing that certain characters seem to have misfortune in spite often being rather likable in their own right, albeit unusual for the show.

Namely the Rich Boy... who other then being a snoop... only real crime seems to be that he is rich and acts rich.

I am reminded of Fairly Odd Parents where being rich automatically makes you a villain (no really, there are no rich people in the show who weren't a villain)

I find it weird that being Rich seems to be a personality flaw in cartoons...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:01:22 pm by Neonivek »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77107 on: May 21, 2015, 09:02:51 pm »

Bah, Steam makes you enter an additional code when you sign in from a new computer.
What is this bullshit? Should be an optional thing you choose to have when you sign up. I hate this sort of unnecessary hassle.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #77108 on: May 21, 2015, 09:04:03 pm »

i think you can opt out of it

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77109 on: May 21, 2015, 09:05:53 pm »

Really? I hope so. It just made me do the same thing again signing into it in a browser.
I'll have to look around for that option.
Booze is Life for Yoink

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #77110 on: May 21, 2015, 09:06:53 pm »

It is a far easier chain if you think of it as her accusing me of being a Furry without knowing what a Furry is beyond that CSI episode.

---

Soo I am watching old Episodes of "As Told By Ginger" a show that I surprisingly like.

But I am noticing that certain characters seem to have misfortune in spite often being rather likable in their own right, albeit unusual for the show.

Namely the Rich Boy... who other then being a snoop... only real crime seems to be that he is rich and acts rich.

I am reminded of Fairly Odd Parents where being rich automatically makes you a villain (no really, there are no rich people in the show who weren't a villain)

I find it weird that being Rich seems to be a personality flaw in cartoons...
I wouldn't say Doug Dimmadome was really a villain in most episodes. I mean, some, definitely (The one where he enslaved the entire town via milk -- also my WTF of the day -- springs to mind), but he's usually portrayed as less evil and more not-entirely-good, if that makes any sense.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #77111 on: May 21, 2015, 09:17:35 pm »

Really? I hope so. It just made me do the same thing again signing into it in a browser.
I'll have to look around for that option.

In the Steam application, click on the Steam menu and click "Settings". The Account tab should be open automatically, but if not, switch to it. Click on the "Manage Steam Guard Account Security" button, then click the checkmark in the window that opens. This will block you from selling trading cards and such if you care about that.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77112 on: May 21, 2015, 09:57:47 pm »

Thanks man.
Having to struggle with my crummy email client to dig out emails just to sign into Steam was rather annoying to say the least.
I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to do more frequently.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77113 on: May 21, 2015, 10:35:28 pm »

Ok...

So I am currently in a fight with my sister for reasons some of you already know.

I should be feeling bad and feeling her Wrath right now.

But she is a LOT more tolerable a person mad at me then she was when we were on good terms.

She hasn't barged into my room dragging the cat in all day... Heck right now I am shirtless (because I have to apply anti-biotic salves to some infected cuts on my chest) and I am REALLY glad she isn't barging in as usual. She hasn't started her long speeches about how she wants to use my laptop in a way I don't want. She hasn't insulted me for not liking Pesto.

It is just kind of weird in general. People are supposed to become insufferable when they are mad at you.

Has anyone had a fight like this? Where by all means the person became EASIER to be around?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77114 on: May 21, 2015, 10:40:26 pm »

That generally happens with people I don't like having to interact with in the first place, e.g. my siblings.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 5139 5140 [5141] 5142 5143 ... 11037