Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460800 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #7695 on: April 12, 2012, 07:57:59 pm »

I can partly see their point in the case of pirate videos being embedded in a page filled with ads, that are generating $$$ for the site owner; while the allegedly independent streaming server in kerbelcistan magically gets it's bills paid.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7696 on: April 12, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »

define 'pirate videos', though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: April 12, 2012, 08:12:09 pm »

くコ:彡

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: April 12, 2012, 08:21:28 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: April 12, 2012, 08:23:14 pm »

See, the problem with the linking and embedding is that not only do they think it's illegal (or should be) to link to infringing video, but to link to a LEGAL distribution of a video is itself infringement.

This is not telling someone where they can go buy illegal drugs, this seems to be extending it to pointing someone to the local CVS and telling them they can get morphine there (and then that person goes to the CVS, and CVS gives them the medicine).

Because that's the situation the case is actually about.

A site is legally showing a video. Another site puts a link in to that video. End user views that video (from the original site).
And somehow the party in the middle is responsible for infringement.

And not only that, but that you should be guilty for it if SOMEONE ELSE adds the link to your site.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:25:51 pm by GlyphGryph »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: April 12, 2012, 08:26:29 pm »

So its just them complaining that people besides them can distribute things again?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: April 12, 2012, 08:28:10 pm »

No, see, its beyond that. It's complaining that you can see things THEY distribute.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: April 12, 2012, 08:30:10 pm »

Isn't that the point of distributing those things, though? A movie unwatched by anyone is just a waste of DVDs or hard drive space.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: April 12, 2012, 08:30:59 pm »

Isn't that the point of distributing those things, though? A movie unwatched by anyone is just a waste of DVDs or hard drive space.
Yes, but the thing is: they don't seem to understand this.
くコ:彡

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:27 pm »

I do sometimes wonder what would happen if they did get their little pet policies enforced and passed. I bet they'd go down the drain financially very, very quickly.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: April 12, 2012, 08:42:10 pm »

I'm guessing their stupid, rickety, likely-to-explode-on-the-launch-pad rocket is just supposed to be part of the "scare the West into thinking we're unstable" plan, and the three is there because Westerners will recognize it and Best Koreans will never see the thing anyway.
North Korea Rocket Launch Fails
Called it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: April 12, 2012, 08:52:34 pm »

So passes the sum of their GDP since their nuke test.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7707 on: April 12, 2012, 09:06:29 pm »

Dear DM plz beef up NK cuz were getting p bored w/o any v1llans. evar since the iraqi arc this gamez b33n on teh fritz plotwise cool thx

PS china would make a good badguy 2 just sayin like fallout

No seriously hopefully NK gets a competent leader who isn't a corrupt douche. Very unlikely in communism but it would be great for the NK to actually have someone who knows what he's doing and isn't batshit insane. Or just turn Democratic, since that seems to be most asshole resistant when it comes to governments.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: April 12, 2012, 09:11:31 pm »

Dear DM plz beef up NK cuz were getting p bored w/o any v1llans. evar since the iraqi arc this gamez b33n on teh fritz plotwise cool thx

No seriously hopefully NK gets a competent leader who isn't a corrupt douche. Very unlikely in communism but it would be great for the NK to actually have someone who knows what he's doing and isn't batshit insane. Or just turn Democratic, since that seems to be most asshole resistant when it comes to governments.

In that case, Korea would be reunited once more.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7709 on: April 12, 2012, 09:17:24 pm »

In that case, Korea would be reunited once more.

Lot more complicated than that. :\

In other news, South Korea's Senate was elected a couple days ago. The conservative Saenuri party completely pwned the other parties. Note that the Saenuri party is effectively the single party of the nation: it has existed since President Park's dictatorship, only switching names like a magician switching out masks.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 11040