Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5076 5077 [5078] 5079 5080 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513325 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76155 on: May 12, 2015, 11:37:46 pm »

... pics?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76156 on: May 12, 2015, 11:41:12 pm »

I'm not anywhere near done. I still need to commit between Zubat Apocalypse, Steam Sale, or continuing to search for other common infected models, for instance.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #76157 on: May 12, 2015, 11:59:17 pm »

How did paleozoic rocks wind up on top of cretaceous sediments!? HUH!?

Checkmate atheists.

Slip fault sucka!

Geologic pressure forces one section up and over the top of another, then it weathers away part of the surface. This leaves older rocks on top of younger ones.

Geology for the win!
It was -thrust- faulting in association with a mountain building event, specifically. What you posted is normal (top) and reverse (bottom) faulting. Difference being thrust faulting occurs at a shallow angle and the overlap is many miles, say 50, 150, or more, whatever. Assuming I didn't botch my notes entirely, it was the Sevier orogeny, which occurred because the Franciscan terrane wanted to bear hug the continent. Cue idaho batholith, among others, big mountains, and Idaho/Montana being thoroughly and completely landlocked. The belt supergroup, you see, was deposited in a basin when Idaho/Montana were beachfront property. And then Oregon happened at some point, but who cares about accreted terranes? They're not actually part of the continent.

Also, it's the belt supergroup rock stuck up there on Chief Mountain, so that's Archean in age. The paleozoic stuff got shaved off, sorry. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #76158 on: May 13, 2015, 12:16:04 am »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:44:31 pm by penguinofhonor »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76159 on: May 13, 2015, 12:30:34 am »

i think you mean volcanology :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #76160 on: May 13, 2015, 12:56:58 am »

Coworker accidentally sliced themselves. You would think that "be careful with knives" would be something that would be common sense, not a trained skill. Then again, I've seen people who literally could not make a box.

Accidents happen, man. You're an idiot if you think people are idiots because of it.
Love, scriver~

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #76161 on: May 13, 2015, 01:00:12 am »

Indeed, while being careful with knives might be an instinctive thing, the proper way to be careful is not. The reason why things like "always cut away from yourself" are repeated so often in safety classes and manuals is precisely because they are things that our instinctive reactions don't cover (in this case your body can apply much more force more accurately pulling something than pushing it, so your naturally tendency is to draw the knife towards your body instead of pushing it away).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #76162 on: May 13, 2015, 01:10:04 am »

((Based on what I've heard of basically everyone in the general vicinity of BlackFlyme, I'm willing to bet he's also an idiot.
The knife guy, not BlackFlyme. :P))
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76163 on: May 13, 2015, 03:02:48 am »

So, I once made a post about Hi-Point here, and specifically, it was me being astounded at the strange facets of their designs. But I decided to look into the products they offer aside from pistols, and I found.... this..... abomination.

Just what in the name of god is this thing supposed to BE?!
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76164 on: May 13, 2015, 03:20:22 am »

thats a shotriflepistol

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76165 on: May 13, 2015, 03:43:06 am »

North Korea just had their minister of Defense executed, for taking a nap during some military event that was visited by Kim Jong Un.
He was publicly put before a firing squad, who executed him using an anti air cannon

Gwolious Weedew wins! FATALITY!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76166 on: May 13, 2015, 04:03:58 am »

North Korea just had their minister of Defense executed, for taking a nap during some military event that was visited by Kim Jong Un.
He was publicly put before a firing squad, who executed him using an anti air cannon

Gwolious Weedew wins! FATALITY!
Link: The timestamp read "6 minutes ago"...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #76167 on: May 13, 2015, 04:09:33 am »

an anti air cannon
North Korea becomes more and more ridiculous by the day.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #76168 on: May 13, 2015, 04:11:24 am »

an anti air cannon
North Korea becomes more and more ridiculous by the day.
Next time: Best Korea denies performing a nuclear test, claims it was an execution.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #76169 on: May 13, 2015, 04:14:50 am »

And after that they'll be using orbital laser cannons to lawfully execute every other country on Earth. Then everyone starves to death because they spent all their money on a fucking orbital laser cannon and can't afford food.
Pages: 1 ... 5076 5077 [5078] 5079 5080 ... 11037