Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5010 5011 [5012] 5013 5014 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514920 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75165 on: April 27, 2015, 02:33:23 pm »

I bought a new keyboard, and got one with American keys because I figured it wouldn't be a big deal. It turns out that they have one fewer key on their keyboards though. Just a shift straight to the left of z, and everything else shuffled around so that there's no key for £.
Why even America. Why.

I mean the keyboard is still mapped to a UK one, so I can still type the same so long as I don't want to type a \ or a |
This is why I am a master of Code Page 437.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75166 on: April 27, 2015, 02:37:00 pm »

Yeah, but that would be a pain on everything that's not a forum using JS to insert BBCode. Also I'd have to find out how to do that.
Ehehehe. Well, on opera, it's just a matter of pressing F12 and then a. Toggles it on/off. N instead of a does plugins, e does animated images. Is verra' convenient.

Most stuff actually works pretty alright without JS on, though. I do most of my browsing with it off, just for performance reasons. Most sites aren't shittily designed enough they stop functioning without it, and many many load/function much faster with it off. Is good stuff.

Other browsers seem to take more effort. Firefox looks like it needs an extension or addon or something to do it, and from what I recall IE you need to fiddle with options and whatnot. No clue for chrome since chrome hates my computer and I hate it, thus I've never really used it. Also no clue for the rest of it, because I don't use the rest of it :V
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:43:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75167 on: April 27, 2015, 02:44:44 pm »

`a

nope.jpg
It depends on your input scheme (is it called that?) That trick works for German and for English International schemes, I think.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75168 on: April 27, 2015, 02:47:33 pm »

Ýöù hàvé tô éñáblê ït ín këýböârd sëttîñgs, Ï thìñk.

I don't even remember why I did but now I'm so used to it that I never turn it off.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75169 on: April 27, 2015, 02:48:06 pm »

`a

nope.jpg
Çànàdiàn Kéyboàrd Swàg
French keyboard! Activated at the hit of two buttons at once! Infuriating!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75170 on: April 27, 2015, 02:53:50 pm »

I deleted the French keyboard option, so now that doesn't happen to me. That might explain it, though.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75171 on: April 27, 2015, 03:02:50 pm »

Î ûśé åñ Ïphøńè, ßö âłł Ī ñëęd tõ dó įš hòld dōwń ëâçh łėttęr!
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75172 on: April 27, 2015, 03:04:39 pm »

Dickgirls aren't as bad as guro.
Unless one is a weenie who isn't confident in their sexuality and have to shame others on their preference by calling what they like disgusting even though they are real irls with dicks and they just act like that's aberrant because they are too ignorant to consider what said person go through and how much self-esteem problems people like that get due to assholes like them.
Erm...
Bad day? Kev's comment just really pissed you off? I dunno, just throwing that out there.
Perhaps a hug is in order
I wasn't referring to Kevak, I was referring to people who act like girls with male genitals are fucking cthulhu or something.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75173 on: April 27, 2015, 03:48:10 pm »

Dickgirls aren't as bad as guro.
Unless one is a weenie who isn't confident in their sexuality and have to shame others on their preference by calling what they like disgusting even though they are real irls with dicks and they just act like that's aberrant because they are too ignorant to consider what said person go through and how much self-esteem problems people like that get due to assholes like them.
Erm...
Bad day? Kev's comment just really pissed you off? I dunno, just throwing that out there.
Perhaps a hug is in order
I wasn't referring to Kevak, I was referring to people who act like girls with male genitals are fucking cthulhu or something.
fucking cthulhu
What an interesting choice of words, considering the topic at hand :P
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75174 on: April 27, 2015, 03:55:59 pm »

A scenario well illustrated, honestly. Relatively prolifically, considering the subject.
Ask not!
Ask!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #75175 on: April 27, 2015, 04:06:29 pm »

"(something) takes alice and jenkins to see your po" at this point the commercial gets cut and changes immediately to a cut version of the guy saying "national geographic", except it was cut so the only thing left was the guy saying "graphic".

So it was basically like, a small child saying something about taking kids to see something, then serious man voice interrupting it, just saying "graphic".
I dont know, it was kind of odd and disturbing :v

"I'm gonna take Alice and Jenkins to the senior prom"

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75176 on: April 27, 2015, 05:10:44 pm »

Got back into work again. Not too much for me at the moment, so I am stuck cleaning.

Sent out to tidy trash out in our yard. Usual stuff, mostly. Beer cans, coffee cups, various assorted wrappers, etc. Was not prepared to find pantyhose. Or a bra.

I think that someone has been dumping their garbage in our lot. There was a bag filled to the brim with some sort of mixture of cement/gravel and actual shit. That did not blow in on the wind. Neither did the many broken ceramic or cement tiles. Unless I've entered an alternate universe where we create sidewalks with ducks and ceramic tiles make great migrations across the continent several times a year.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #75177 on: April 27, 2015, 05:13:33 pm »

Sent out to tidy trash out in our yard. Usual stuff, mostly. Beer cans, coffee cups, various assorted weapons, etc.
How I read that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75178 on: April 27, 2015, 05:17:22 pm »

Apparently I stumped people. I thought one person would know what I was talking about but I guess it is too esoteric.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75179 on: April 27, 2015, 05:25:01 pm »

Too poorly communicated, more like it. That and what you were talking about isn't really all that common in practice, so folks didn't really have much to say beyond confusion (well, and people riding the wat train in a desultory attempt at humor) or the occasional bit of disagreement re: what was happening.

Half thought about piping up with something constructive, but m'actual understanding of the phenomena is insufficient to really say much with certainty, beyond it probably being something significantly more multivariate than you seemed to think it was.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 5010 5011 [5012] 5013 5014 ... 11037