Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5007 5008 [5009] 5010 5011 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514300 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75120 on: April 26, 2015, 09:49:50 pm »

I feel like the only place in 4chan that isn't utterly cancerous and insanity-inducing is /tg/. Maybe /a/. Maybe. Unless /a/ was what DreamCarver was looking at.

guros.

I only skimmed the first page of results, face full of cringe, but I still feel like I've ended up on some kind of watch list for googling that.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75121 on: April 26, 2015, 10:00:48 pm »

Dickgirls aren't as bad as guro.
What are you guys talking about? Dickgirls are way better than... well, anything!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #75122 on: April 26, 2015, 10:01:59 pm »

I get the feeling that a lot of the people who talk about how weird 4chan is don't actually spend time there. Yeah, you'll see some shit if you dip into the NSFW boards. Duh. Occasionally things lurk beneath the surface of conversations elsewhere.

Meanwhile, an average day on /tg/:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I literally just screencapped the first few rows of the catalog, and there's maybe one thread OP that looks questionable.
Thank/fuck you for pointing out the existence of catalog view to me. I had long ago given up trying to browse /tg/, and now a couple hours have passed, mostly spent reading about people being angry that other people play games they don't like, and I have some nice catfolk pictures added to my hard drive, among other things.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75123 on: April 26, 2015, 10:11:42 pm »

I get the feeling that a lot of the people who talk about how weird 4chan is don't actually spend time there. Yeah, you'll see some shit if you dip into the NSFW boards. Duh. Occasionally things lurk beneath the surface of conversations elsewhere.

I literally just screencapped the first few rows of the catalog, and there's maybe one thread OP that looks questionable.
Thank/fuck you for pointing out the existence of catalog view to me. I had long ago given up trying to browse /tg/, and now a couple hours have passed, mostly spent reading about people being angry that other people play games they don't like, and I have some nice catfolk pictures added to my hard drive, among other things.
While you're there, mind checking out that Judge Dredd thread for me? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #75124 on: April 26, 2015, 10:14:27 pm »

Oh god, you're all there, watching me shitpost
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #75125 on: April 26, 2015, 10:35:10 pm »

Oh god, you're all there, watching me shitpost
>implying 4chan is anything but pure shitpostery
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #75126 on: April 26, 2015, 10:48:37 pm »

While you're there, mind checking out that Judge Dredd thread for me? :P
Dredd thread's dead, Zed. (Or I didn't notice it when I checked).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75127 on: April 26, 2015, 10:48:45 pm »

Apparently there is a huge company called Methanex that literally does nothing but manufacture methanol for industrial use. It just seems like a weirdly specific job and furthermore I'm curious why other companies don't manufacture their own methanol if they really need that much.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #75128 on: April 26, 2015, 11:00:29 pm »

Because that's how modern manufacturing works? Generally when a company makes a product, they get the things they need to make that product from other companies, because those other companies have the resources in place to make the stuff much better and/or cheaper than the first company could make in-house. Vertical integration takes work, yo.
Glory to Arstotzka!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75129 on: April 26, 2015, 11:10:03 pm »

Because that's how modern manufacturing works? Generally when a company makes a product, they get the things they need to make that product from other companies, because those other companies have the resources in place to make the stuff much better and/or cheaper than the first company could make in-house. Vertical integration takes work, yo.
I guess so. I'm not clued in to business management - it just seems like if large companies used much of any given substance it would be better in the long run to invest in manufacturing it themselves if possible instead of paying the profit margin markup for the suppliers. And since many of the companies that use huge amounts of methanol probably manufacture chemicals themselves they should already have some of the infrastructure.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #75130 on: April 26, 2015, 11:19:08 pm »

Yeah, sometimes companies make their own chemicals and whatnot. That's the aforementioned vertical integration. But sometimes it's not worth it to make certain things themselves, like if they don't use enough of the stuff to justify making it themselves, or they might not have the needed equipment or expertise or space just funds to do so.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #75131 on: April 26, 2015, 11:29:39 pm »

Any industrial process is far more efficient when you turn out product in carload lots - it probably costs a third as much for Methanex to make 100 tons of methanol than it would for 50 companies to make the two tons they need - this means that Methanex could charge double cost and still be a bargain to them. It is the same reason why most companies don't smelt their own steel, operate their own oil refineries, or mix their own paint.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #75132 on: April 27, 2015, 03:44:34 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYpKrA233vY

I present a convincing argument on why railroads should be used more often.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75133 on: April 27, 2015, 08:33:04 am »

What are you guys talking about? Dickgirls are way better than... well, anything!

Depends on the dick to girl ratio :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75134 on: April 27, 2015, 08:41:41 am »

Unless one is a weenie who isn't confident in their sexuality and have to shame others on their preference by calling what they like disgusting even though they are real irls with dicks and they just act like that's aberrant because they are too ignorant to consider what said person go through and how much self-esteem problems people like that get due to assholes like them.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 5007 5008 [5009] 5010 5011 ... 11037