Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5001 5002 [5003] 5004 5005 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513313 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75030 on: April 25, 2015, 09:16:40 pm »

Its not boring.  My best friend told me she wants to have her corpse stolen, cremated, and then her ashes baked into food for her enemies.
And I'm suddenly morbidly curious what sort of taste effect using human charcoal has. I know different kinds of wood have fairly significant effects on taste, but what sort of influence does using meat charcoal have?

... what happens when you cook steak using steak? I'm guessing nothing good since I haven't heard of it before, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75031 on: April 25, 2015, 09:17:33 pm »

This idea is probably even cooler than my old idea of having myself embalmed/preserved (possibly through plastination?) in a realistic fashion,

I'd like to be plastinated and put on display as a statue of myself.

"This is a *Bohandas*. It was crafted by Industrial Plastination Process in the year 20??. It is made of Bohandas and menaces with spikes of Bohandas. It depicts the life of the human Bohandas."

PPE:

I googled plastination a while ago and I was disappointed to see the specimens weren't as 'lifelike' as I'd imagined.
All the examples I can find just preserve the muscular and skeletal structure while leaving out flesh and skin. So yeah, I'm starting to think maybe being encased in molten metal would actually be a cooler funeral arrangement.

"This is a *Yoink*. It was created in the year 20??. It is made of Yoink and menaces with spikes of steel. It depicts the life of the human Yoink."
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75032 on: April 25, 2015, 09:19:55 pm »

No... looking at it, it's mostly because the funeral homes are price gouging like goddamn. Goddamn goddamn. This is italics and bold level cost hikes going on here. And at a cursory glance it looks like a lot of it's being handed to them by legal regulations, with a fair amount of the rest being frankly predatory behavior on the part of the funeral services. Knew there was some kinda' shifty stuff going on there, but I hadn't quite realized the extent of it...
Well, people could always not die if they needed the money. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75033 on: April 25, 2015, 09:52:26 pm »

No... looking at it, it's mostly because the funeral homes are price gouging like goddamn. Goddamn goddamn. This is italics and bold level cost hikes going on here. And at a cursory glance it looks like a lot of it's being handed to them by legal regulations, with a fair amount of the rest being frankly predatory behavior on the part of the funeral services. Knew there was some kinda' shifty stuff going on there, but I hadn't quite realized the extent of it...
Well, people could always not die if they needed the money. :P
We need to get more people working on that.  As it is now avoiding death tends to have some rather nasty repercussions, such as corrupting your soul or being hit with some strange curse.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75034 on: April 25, 2015, 10:38:56 pm »

Mentioned I got some Pathfinder books. Friend asks to borrow them. Alright, fine. Ask same friend if I could borrow some of his books in return, since he has books I don't, and vice-versa.

"Why should I?". The fuck. I did end up getting some off him, but that initial response threw me off.

He also complained about me playing a monk in our current campaign, because I played a paladin in the last one. Apparently they are too similar. Meanwhile he almost always goes full spell-caster because he likes winning, and full spell-casters get ridiculous late-game.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75035 on: April 25, 2015, 10:43:15 pm »

... Wait, you still let him borrow those books after he said that?

I hope you get those books back without too much hassle.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75036 on: April 25, 2015, 10:45:55 pm »

.pdf files. No-one lost anything. Which, to me, makes it weirder that saying no was the default, when there's nothing physical to lose.

Wouldn't consider giving physical books away, as I know it would be very unlikely I would get them back.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #75037 on: April 25, 2015, 10:51:52 pm »

If my death leaves a corpse that requires a funeral, I will be deeply disappointed.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #75038 on: April 25, 2015, 10:54:18 pm »

He also complained about me playing a monk in our current campaign, because I played a paladin in the last one. Apparently they are too similar.
Does he get pissed if he eats ramen and a slice of pizza on the same day, too?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #75039 on: April 25, 2015, 11:22:05 pm »

He also complained about me playing a monk in our current campaign, because I played a paladin in the last one. Apparently they are too similar.
Does he get pissed if he eats ramen and a slice of pizza on the same day, too?
And if there's two overcast days in a row. How dare the weather system make more than one day with similar weather!?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75040 on: April 25, 2015, 11:32:40 pm »

Man, if we had some kind of contractual guarantee to never again have two sunny days in a row I would be just this kind of incredibly happy ball of happy, rolling around in my happy gardens in the not!sunlight, being happy the happydraining deathball in the sky would be forever sticking to at least 50% buggeredoff. The future beyond that point would be bright.

Well. Except it wouldn't, half the time, and that's what would make it great.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75041 on: April 25, 2015, 11:35:41 pm »

I don't see how Paldins and Monks are even remotely similar. Monks don't have alignment restrictions, they have a completely different power source, they use completely different stats, Paladins wear heavy armor and Monks wear none...

Monks don't even need a religion. They are not similar in any way.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #75042 on: April 25, 2015, 11:37:09 pm »

The future beyond that point would be bright.

Future's so bright, I gotta wear half a pair of shades.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #75043 on: April 25, 2015, 11:37:35 pm »

Man, if we had some kind of contractual guarantee to never again have two sunny days in a row I would be just this kind of incredibly happy ball of happy, rolling around in my happy gardens in the not!sunlight, being happy the happydraining deathball in the sky would be forever sticking to at least 50% buggeredoff. The future beyond that point would be bright.

Actually, that would be pretty great. Farmers might whine, but they'll need to move to indoor hydroponics sooner or later anyway.

Monks don't even need a religion. They are not similar in any way.
To be fair, this guy treats logical thought like it's Stalin's moustache clippings.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75044 on: April 25, 2015, 11:47:05 pm »

I like sunlight. :(
Why everyone be hatin' on the Sun? 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 5001 5002 [5003] 5004 5005 ... 11037