Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4999 5000 [5001] 5002 5003 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512910 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75000 on: April 25, 2015, 11:41:10 am »

Someone "gilded" me on Reddit, for one of the most inconsequential, silly comments I can remember making.
I was bewildered when I saw the message announcing it (along with a slew of other replies), since I couldn't remember making any gold-worthy comments recently. In fact, at first when I saw the number next to my inbox I assumed I'd pissed someone off and spurred an angry mob. Oh well, I shan't complain. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75001 on: April 25, 2015, 11:50:52 am »

Someone "gilded" me on Reddit, for one of the most inconsequential, silly comments I can remember making.
I was bewildered when I saw the message announcing it (along with a slew of other replies), since I couldn't remember making any gold-worthy comments recently. In fact, at first when I saw the number next to my inbox I assumed I'd pissed someone off and spurred an angry mob. Oh well, I shan't complain. :P

Better than being gelded, I would assume.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75002 on: April 25, 2015, 11:51:37 am »

Certainly less painful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75003 on: April 25, 2015, 11:53:02 am »

Depends on how they gilded you. Being doused in molten gold would almost certainly hurt more than having your junk chopped off.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75004 on: April 25, 2015, 12:06:48 pm »

But being doused in molten gold would at least kill me at some point of the process, so there's that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75005 on: April 25, 2015, 12:17:35 pm »

And having molten gold dumped on your junk would solve that dilemma in one, painful, confusing to name package.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #75006 on: April 25, 2015, 12:20:55 pm »

Hey, at least you'd have a lovely golden cast to forever immortalize the glory of your recently deceased appendage.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75007 on: April 25, 2015, 12:23:51 pm »

Hey, at least you'd have a lovely golden cast to forever immortalize the glory of your recently deceased appendage.
It sounds like something out of a bad DF mod.

This is a *golden dong*. It menaces with rings of PURE AGONIZING PAIN.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75008 on: April 25, 2015, 12:24:52 pm »

But being doused in molten gold would at least kill me at some point of the process, so there's that.
Nah, you can survive that. It just has to be done very slowly, very carefully, and possibly in stages. Probably wouldn't survive much longer after, unless appropriate holes were left in the cast, but you can potentially at least last a little while after encasing.

E: And that's without getting in to stuff like cheating by wearing a cooled lead body suit or whatev'.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:29:02 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #75009 on: April 25, 2015, 12:41:13 pm »

It sounds like something out of a bad DF mod.

This is a *golden dong*. It menaces with rings of PURE AGONIZING PAIN.
There is probably an appropriate austin powers gif for this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75010 on: April 25, 2015, 12:44:01 pm »

http://www.examiner.com/article/5e-d-d-player-s-handbook-tops-amazon-sales-lists
This book right now is on place #97 or some shit like this.

This can't be good, you see. It's a single book, it has already saturated the market.

D&D currently has the top 5 spots in gaming books on Amazon. And it's only been out 8 months. Isn't in a bit early to say they should be following these up with more releases? Those 5 books together already cost $150. Maybe a few people want to spend $1000 a year on D&D books, but most people just want to play the game and not have to collect endless rulebooks to keep up with their friends. Remember the "churn out tons of optional rulebooks" strategy came before "shit we're going broke! sell the company!". It just didn't work.

Look at other D&D-related products. D&D 4e Player's Handbook three. I.e. you need three $30 books just to play 4E, and your DM will need to buy them too, to keep up with you. That book is at rank #127378 in the book sales. It's not even in the top 100000 let alone top 100. There are literally hundreds of thousands of books on Amazon. Being anywhere near the top 100 is extremely competitive. It's not like there are only 100 books in existence, after all.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:39:46 pm by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75011 on: April 25, 2015, 12:44:29 pm »

Nah, you can survive that. It just has to be done very slowly, very carefully, and possibly in stages. Probably wouldn't survive much longer after, unless appropriate holes were left in the cast, but you can potentially at least last a little while after encasing.

E: And that's without getting in to stuff like cheating by wearing a cooled lead body suit or whatev'.
Hmmm. That would be an interesting funeral arrangement. Cast in gold and turned into a statue.
Booze is Life for Yoink

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75012 on: April 25, 2015, 03:22:03 pm »

Hmmm. That would be an interesting funeral arrangement. Cast in gold and turned into a statue.
...I totally fucking want this. But not gold. Steel, maybe titanium.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #75013 on: April 25, 2015, 03:40:23 pm »

...I totally fucking want this. But not gold. Steel, maybe titanium.
What if it's steel and plated with gold?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75014 on: April 25, 2015, 03:40:57 pm »

That could work. Engrave the statue with quotes and tales?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 4999 5000 [5001] 5002 5003 ... 11037