Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4944 4945 [4946] 4947 4948 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513180 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74175 on: April 15, 2015, 01:23:45 pm »

Well, the dragonball universe is solely based on protagonism, so there's that :P. Can't really say many Dragonball/Z/GT/ETC villains made much sense, even in context.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74176 on: April 15, 2015, 01:25:43 pm »

Yah, really, after Frieza every single badguy (excepting baby) is out to destroy the entire universe, kinda ridiculous.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #74177 on: April 15, 2015, 01:29:17 pm »

The problem is that most people live in cultures where women are tacitly assumed to not be worth as much as men. Believing that it's OK to catcall on the street.

Not to nitpick, but personally I would argue that these are two clearly distinct (though often correlated) prejudices
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74178 on: April 15, 2015, 01:30:19 pm »

Don't go there.  We've had entirely too many blowups over the topic.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #74179 on: April 15, 2015, 01:35:36 pm »

Yah, really, after Frieza every single badguy (excepting baby) is out to destroy the entire universe, kinda ridiculous.
Also the fact that Frieza wipes out the populations of planets... so that he can sell them.

The questions of "to whom" or "in exchange for what" are never answered.  You would think a guy who considers himself invincible and owner of an entire galaxy would take whatever he wants by force instead of trading for it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74180 on: April 15, 2015, 01:54:04 pm »

The Saiyan society make so little sense it hurts. There's no way that a society of warriors, every member of which gets several times stronger each time they come close to death, and with access to healing pods capable of healing even the most grievous of injuries in a matter of days, hasn't produced anyone capable of even rivaling Frieza's 1st form.

It literally doesn't make sense. At all.
Well, the two things to consider are that, 1) Saiyans are kinda' stupid, from everything we've seen (though hybrids do alright), and probably didn't think it through if they ever even realized it was happening to begin with, and 2) There's not actually much showing the strength-on-near-death thing is particularly notable. Most of the Z saiyans have this thing were they didn't actually get close to death, they outright died, usually repeatedly. And beyond that, most of the notable ones were, well, odd, iirc. Royal bloodlines and junk.

And beyond that, there actually was saiyans outside the Z warrior ones that could match frieza's first form. They just didn't get much screentime, from what I recall.

But yeah, it's entirely possible that the majority of them didn't realize the battlehax, weren't really capable of taking advantage of it, or just flat out didn't get much out of it. All possibilities.

Though @ EH, sure, the guy probably could, but it could be he found selling the planets off to be more amusing. Some folks like a conquest victory, some folks like an economic one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74181 on: April 15, 2015, 01:56:47 pm »

There's also the whole "spirit world" thing. Apparently Mr. Kaioh and company oversee the entire universe (or at least the milky way) and supposedly sometimes directly intervene to save it... But apparently they were ok with Frieza and other things rampaging around until Goku died and met Mr. Kaioh? Like, what were they doing before that? Watching Frieza genocide entire solar systems till someone they could train showed up? Wtf?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74182 on: April 15, 2015, 01:57:37 pm »

Maybe Frieza was prudent enought to kill off, in one way or another, any Saiyan that became too strong for his tastes.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 02:01:43 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74183 on: April 15, 2015, 02:00:09 pm »

He did send assassins to kill Bardock and his crew in the movie.  And apparently Akira Toriyama directed that one, so probably canonical.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 02:03:20 pm by NullForceOmega »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74184 on: April 15, 2015, 02:03:32 pm »

Also, Namekians can apparently fuse and divide themselves into other beings at will, so why didn't they just fuse themselves into a huge badass namekian and kick frieza out of reality? After that, they could've just divided themselves back into a species again.
They could've become the god emperor of namekind or something.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74185 on: April 15, 2015, 02:27:06 pm »

Goddamn it Akura. Your combo breaker actually broke the combo.
I'm pretty darn impressed actually.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74186 on: April 15, 2015, 02:46:31 pm »

Don't go there.  We've had entirely too many blowups over the topic.
I think it's okay to talk about it, so long as everyone is very civil about it.
This conversation had been pretty okay, I see no need to end it prematurely.
It's ok until it isn't. If we have a gender thread, it should be moved there. If we don't (again), that should stand as an adequate example why it shouldn't be discussed.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74187 on: April 15, 2015, 03:12:45 pm »

Pretty sure we shouldn't talk about this stuff on this forum ever. This is what Reddit is for.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74188 on: April 15, 2015, 03:13:37 pm »

The Saiyan society make so little sense it hurts. There's no way that a society of warriors, every member of which gets several times stronger each time they come close to death, and with access to healing pods capable of healing even the most grievous of injuries in a matter of days, hasn't produced anyone capable of even rivaling Frieza's 1st form.

It literally doesn't make sense. At all.
Well, the two things to consider are that, 1) Saiyans are kinda' stupid, from everything we've seen (though hybrids do alright), and probably didn't think it through if they ever even realized it was happening to begin with, and 2) There's not actually much showing the strength-on-near-death thing is particularly notable. Most of the Z saiyans have this thing were they didn't actually get close to death, they outright died, usually repeatedly. And beyond that, most of the notable ones were, well, odd, iirc. Royal bloodlines and junk.
1) Vegeta knew about this ability. There's no reason to believe that he was the only one with that knowledge.
2) Again, Vegeta has exploited this ability of getting powered up after near death in Namek saga extensively. He got from 18,000 to somewhere close to Frieza's 1st form (~500,000) in just, what, 3 near-death experiences? 1st on Earth, 2nd to Zarbon, 3rd to Recoome. Though the first two power-ups were kind of shitty percentage-wise, the third one really blew his power level up. Oh and then there's the 4th near-death experience from Krillin, which upped his power level high enough to be able to achieve Super Saiyan after one-two years of training.

And while Vegeta was of royal blood, elite-class warrior and all that, Goku, on the other hand, was a "low-class trash", and his power level has risen immensely after the gravity chamber training, with multiple-near death experiences.

Maybe Frieza was prudent enought to kill off, in one way or another, any Saiyan that became too strong for his tastes.
He did send assassins to kill Bardock and his crew in the movie.  And apparently Akira Toriyama directed that one, so probably canonical.
And Bardock was surprised as hell when that happened, indicating that it was highly unusual.

Also, Namekians can apparently fuse and divide themselves into other beings at will, so why didn't they just fuse themselves into a huge badass namekian and kick frieza out of reality? After that, they could've just divided themselves back into a species again.
They could've become the god emperor of namekind or something.
That was probably an ability reserved for a warrior-caste Namekians. And Nail was the only warrior-caste Namekian on Namek. Dende was a healer-caste, that elder looking guy was an elder-caste (the one that can produce Dragon Balls, when aged properly), and others were probably some farmer-caste shit-tier Namekians.

The bigger question here is how the fuck a simple drought managed to nearly wipe out an entire civilization of beings capable of producing fucking Dragon Balls to make fucking wishes. It makes just as much sense as a meteor wiping out a planet filled with planet-busters.
._.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #74189 on: April 15, 2015, 03:24:09 pm »

Oh and then there's the 4th near-death experience from Krillin, which upped his power level high enough to be able to achieve Super Saiyan after one-two years of training.

I THINK I MISSED THAT MOVIE

Also:
But a big problem is that there are systems and groups that support discriminating against women.literally every group ever.
FTFY
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:32:25 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 4944 4945 [4946] 4947 4948 ... 11037