Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4940 4941 [4942] 4943 4944 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513890 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74115 on: April 14, 2015, 03:55:17 am »

The most horrifying stories come from YouTube comments.
liek dis if u cri everitiem
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74116 on: April 14, 2015, 04:08:31 am »

Just had my anxiety go into overdrive on my trip down to the shops.
By that I mean, I can't remember it being that bad in a long time, if ever. I almost freaked out trying to cross the street with a heap of cars stopped to wait for the train, I was making eye contact with people then quickly looking away, I forgot what I was doing at least a couple of times, I almost walked into people on two occasions (although one of those was because the stupid fucks were walking on the wrong side of the path and got in my way, and on the other occasion I was still shaken up from the first), and I was just generally panicking.
By the time I was out of the supermarket and walking home my heart was beating unusually fast, my chest was tight and I could feel sweat on my back- and not just because of the layers I was wearing. I'm not sure what caused such an anxiety spike... I was fairly happy with what I was wearing, I had my headphones on with angry music which usually calms me down, and my anxiety hasn't even been too bad lately; I've been managing to keep myself fairly detached from it.

I should have taken that psychologist up on his offer of medication...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74117 on: April 14, 2015, 05:10:45 am »

I just found out Nightshade and in fact "Deadly Nightshade" is a common plant... and in fact I've seen it before.

I've had some growing in parks or in yards in fact.

If I remember correctly, and I am fairly certain I do, then you probably eat at least two types of nightshade on a regular basis ;)
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74118 on: April 14, 2015, 05:20:31 am »

More or less. Potatoes, tomatoes, and several sorts of pepper are all part of that family of plants.

... so is tobacco.

E: I'm actually eating something with some sort of green pepper in it right now! I didn't realize it had them when I cooked it. This thing tastes goddamn terrible. Cannot stand the taste of fleshy peppers. Still gonna' eat it, 'cause I cooked it, but blegh.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:29:33 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #74119 on: April 14, 2015, 05:24:42 am »

I just saw someone on reddit try to say that people shouldn't give suggestions to the Project M Dev Team because that means they're "entitled".

...And they got this idea because apparently the League of Legends community keeps saying that people are "entitled" for making suggestions.

This is the first time I have ever heard that from anyone ever.

Also, you're comparing a billion dollar company to a small mod development team? Come on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #74120 on: April 14, 2015, 08:53:26 am »

I wonder when the XKCD red spiders will return. Probably mysteriously and at an unexpected time.

My WTF is that there are sodas made with Stevia instead of sugar, which are advertised as "free of calories and artificial sweeteners". Well, Stevia is almost certainly one of those things if not the other (how do you make something calorie free anyways?), and they taste like awful-ass hell (feel free to move the hyphen). They call it "Zevia Zero Calorie Soda".

Stevia's an extract from the "stevia rebaudiana" plant.  I'm certainly no expert, but I think that counts as a natural substance.  The taste is arguable - my mother always makes zucchini brownies when I visit, using some brand of stevia, and they taste strange yet good.  It's very distinct from sugar but can serve a similar role.

And the red spiders are right behind above you us.
It is a natural substance, a glycoside (or rather a mix thereof). It's calorie-free because the human body does not have the enzymes to digest it into sources of energy (and calories are a measure of energy) - you could burn it and it would release X joules of heat, but you can't get that energy to power your body. By the same metric, water is calorie-free while it technically containes millions of calories - if you annihilated all the atoms, for example; but it simply does not physiologically happen, so for common purposes, calorie-free.

It is sweet because its chemical structure activates the same taste buds as sugars (or glycerine, ferex), although since there's more to taste than just the basic taste types it is distinct.

It's no more artificial than actual sugar or corn syrup, chemically nor from the production's standpoint; whereas things like saccharine or aspartame are obtained by chemical synthesis.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #74121 on: April 14, 2015, 09:10:56 am »

I just saw someone on reddit try to say that people shouldn't give suggestions to the Project M Dev Team because that means they're "entitled".

...And they got this idea because apparently the League of Legends community keeps saying that people are "entitled" for making suggestions.

This is the first time I have ever heard that from anyone ever.

Also, you're comparing a billion dollar company to a small mod development team? Come on.

My experience with that kind of thing is that if you feel like your suggestion is the best thing since sliced bread and get all hurt if/when it's not accepted, then you're acting 'entitled'. I've rarely seen that version.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74122 on: April 14, 2015, 09:54:02 am »

Using entitled as an insult is dumb. People are entitled to plenty of things.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #74123 on: April 14, 2015, 09:56:30 am »

The implication is that you think you're entitled to whatever you want. It is a dumb insult, yes.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74124 on: April 14, 2015, 12:42:37 pm »

I could've sworn someone in the school library just said "sentient packaging."

Oh gods, is ReusableBox here?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74125 on: April 14, 2015, 12:48:48 pm »

Yes, and he's very upset at how you treated that last envelope you received. Very upset indeed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74126 on: April 14, 2015, 04:09:00 pm »

Playing rimworld, and out of 200 attackers, only five where not tribes people. Comeon randy, I have a outlander town that is pissed at me, and a pair of pirate bands. Why do you chuck more idiots with clubs?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74127 on: April 14, 2015, 06:27:41 pm »

By the by

By "Nightshade is a common plant, and even Deadly Nightshade is a common plant"

I didn't mean the nightshade family. I mean specifically Nightshade and "Deadly Nightshade".

Mind you "Deadly Nightshade" isn't Nightshade at all but Belladonna.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:31:47 pm by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74128 on: April 14, 2015, 08:01:48 pm »

Reddit/Outside
Apparently it's a really cool ftp MMORPG.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74129 on: April 14, 2015, 08:03:08 pm »

My wtf quota was filled today all at once.

We fired an employee for repeatedly just not showing up to work. So, I went to replace her, and found a suitable candidate. Did the interview today with a new candidate. New candidate (whom we are hiring) repeatedly told me that I made her feel small, and looked very intimidated throughout the interview. She is taller than I am by at least an inch or two, and I was not exactly trying to be intimidating.

Both WTF and :/

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4940 4941 [4942] 4943 4944 ... 11037