Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4878 4879 [4880] 4881 4882 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467253 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73185 on: April 01, 2015, 06:02:41 am »

Nah, that sounds do dry. Have a Sandwich Cake instead.
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73186 on: April 01, 2015, 06:03:09 am »

re: the whole bogeymen debate :
Since it's obviously a question of preference, maybe just giving the option a bit more visibility in worldgen parameters, both basic and advanced, would  be the more elegant solution ?

The On/Off Switch being part of the basic world gen set up would certainly be a solution I'd be interested in.

The issue is what would be there?
I'd like to see some "Magickness" setting which controls how many things in the world exists that are outright magical (like fanciful creatures) and another one called "Wickedness" to control the evilness in the world. Then limit things like bogeymen and necromancers to evil regions in the world (or, in the future, to regions of the appropriate sphere alignment), and things like unicorns and the like - to good ones.

Good creatures are already limited to good regions, though. It's the Evil creatures like necromancers and vampires and bogeymen that are unbalancing the game by existing well damn everywhere with impunity. The evil regions are nearly impossible with their Weather of Doom and immortal husks. All the worlds right now are as if they were created with maximum Wickedness setting and very high Magickness.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73187 on: April 01, 2015, 06:06:53 am »

You know what... Nevermind
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:43:45 am by Neonivek »

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73188 on: April 01, 2015, 06:13:55 am »

I kinda want to try a toast sandwich.
Well, it isn't exactly hard or expensive to make yourself one.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #73189 on: April 01, 2015, 06:19:49 am »

FearfulJesuit and MetalSlimeHunt have successfully confused me. Well played, gentlemen.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73190 on: April 01, 2015, 06:26:26 am »

What the hell UK?!
Don't h8 what you can't handle m8 or I'll get ir8

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73194 on: April 01, 2015, 08:19:06 am »

Seems to only be when you search for something that can be interpreted by the search algorithm as related to music.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73195 on: April 01, 2015, 08:26:05 am »

So Facebook is doing something fucked up and I can't understand why. They're basically hunting down people who don't have their actual names/surnames displayed on their profiles and forcing them to either change them or get banned. A friend is very careful about showing her last name online because of rather valid resons and is now forced to either reveal it or lose a bunch of stuff she's in on over FB (by that I mean actual work or pages she's running).

I honestly can't see the logic behind this, because at best you've forced some people to show their real names thus exposing them to all kinds of potential shitty situations or you've driven off people to the competition because they don't want to put up with your shit.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #73196 on: April 01, 2015, 08:32:43 am »

So Facebook is doing something fucked up and I can't understand why. They're basically hunting down people who don't have their actual names/surnames displayed on their profiles and forcing them to either change them or get banned. A friend is very careful about showing her last name online because of rather valid resons and is now forced to either reveal it or lose a bunch of stuff she's in on over FB (by that I mean actual work or pages she's running).

I honestly can't see the logic behind this, because at best you've forced some people to show their real names thus exposing them to all kinds of potential shitty situations or you've driven off people to the competition because they don't want to put up with your shit.
Seriously?
I...
Isn't that kinda...
But...
Is this, like, an automated thing? Or are facebook employees actually messaging these people and threatening them about this shit?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73197 on: April 01, 2015, 08:33:34 am »

Make a very common name up?  Sometimes I'm named Bill, Bob, Joe, Billy, Billy Bob, Billy Bob Joe, Jack, Jill, or Jane.  LCS is pretty good at randoming a full name for you too.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73198 on: April 01, 2015, 08:47:07 am »

I think it's automated in looking for potential targets but one way you can confirm that it is your actual name is by sending them scans of official documents verifying your identity, so I think that part is actually human.

And yeah, fake last name is probably the way to go in the end :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73199 on: April 01, 2015, 08:49:05 am »

Today is April first, but, I've actually heard about Facebook doing that before.  So it's probably actually real, and really unfortunate.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 4878 4879 [4880] 4881 4882 ... 11037