Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4872 4873 [4874] 4875 4876 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462667 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73095 on: March 31, 2015, 02:08:30 pm »

Poe's Law: There's no parody ridiculous enough to not be mistaken for the real thing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73096 on: March 31, 2015, 02:10:57 pm »

My sister and I used to be avid fanfiction readers... of anime when we were still in high school.  Stuff like DBZ, Sailor Moon, Slayers and Gundam:Endless Waltz being what comes to mind.  We've gone as far as printing the stuff out to read when not at the computer.  Some of these fanfictions probably had as many pages as the wheel of time books and similar.

Well, my sister was more into it then I and there were probably reams worth of the stuff sitting around in her room, never to be read again.  We are using all that printed out fanfiction as throwaway printer paper.  Its been over 5 years and we are not done yet.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73097 on: March 31, 2015, 02:51:55 pm »

At least there's no way that she'll ever have children, seeing that testicles are kinda required if you want to have children...
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73098 on: March 31, 2015, 03:03:39 pm »

At least there's no way that she'll ever have children, seeing that testicles are kinda required if you want to have children...
Are you implying there's a shortage of guys who want a girl who likes anime fanfics?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73099 on: March 31, 2015, 03:04:54 pm »

I'm more curious about the apparent implication that zangi is breeding with their sister.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73100 on: March 31, 2015, 03:13:58 pm »

Either way, we demand answers!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73101 on: March 31, 2015, 03:24:05 pm »

An author from the 1800s.

What they're talking about is a Poe as in Poe's Law.

EDIT: On that note, what the fuck is castrating everybody supposed to achieve?

FAKEDIT: On further reading, this woman doesn't need a reason to castrate people, she just wants some sort of absurd "eutopia" that inexplicably only contains half of society.

EDIT2: Has anybody else noticed the irony of where that absurd idea was posted, considering who invented the Web?

There's a major irony here, with the idea that technological advances will make men unnecessary so they can have an all-female society. Those same advances will actually make women unnecessary too. This includes both freeing most women from childbirth, reduced infant mortality and further along, artificial wombs.

The female plumbing is complex and unnecessary, adapted males will be cheaper and simpler in terms of health care. Why spend resources on female reproductive care in a future where most women won't be forced to be breeders? Utilitarianism kind of implies that these brave new world future people won't really be either existing gender. Femitheist's idea that bio-tech will lead to a lesbian utopia of anatomically-modern women doesn't really stand up to any logic.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:26:08 pm by Reelya »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73102 on: March 31, 2015, 03:39:02 pm »

BTW, scrdest, thanks for introducing me to FSTDT. Really.
How am I supposed to interact with other people now?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #73103 on: March 31, 2015, 03:43:09 pm »

BTW, scrdest, thanks for introducing me to FSTDT. Really.
How am I supposed to interact with other people now?
FD linked that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73104 on: March 31, 2015, 03:46:25 pm »

scrdest mentioned it, though.
I think, anyway. My memory is shit.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:48:22 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73105 on: March 31, 2015, 03:52:29 pm »

FSTDTers aren't very good at spotting Poes, are they?
That is not a Poe. Or if it is, it's equally insane, just in a different way - this is one of the instantly recognizable names like DJS or Vox Day or caamib by sheer frequency of posts, and it's still going on. You have to be truly a insanely dedicated troll to keep at it for several years.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73106 on: March 31, 2015, 03:53:53 pm »

Hmm?
Oh no, I'm talking about a good while before that.
I think it may have been in the sad thread, actually.
Edit: nope, it was the WTF thread.
Here's the quote
My sense of cultural superiority after reading fstd is quickly evaporating in the face of a Polish article I just read. The author is seriously claiming that ebooks are a tool of Marxist subversion by 'New Left hacktivists' and cites the movie Hackers as a good depiction of an element of hacker subculture.

WHAT.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:59:56 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73107 on: March 31, 2015, 04:00:04 pm »

Oh, I thought you meant just now. Sorry about that.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73108 on: March 31, 2015, 04:01:19 pm »

Oh, I thought you meant just now. Sorry about that.
'S all good, man. I probably should've been clearer with my wording, anyway.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #73109 on: March 31, 2015, 04:09:17 pm »

An author from the 1800s.

What they're talking about is a Poe as in Poe's Law.

EDIT: On that note, what the fuck is castrating everybody supposed to achieve?

FAKEDIT: On further reading, this woman doesn't need a reason to castrate people, she just wants some sort of absurd "eutopia" that inexplicably only contains half of society.

With tdhis kind of thing I generally assume that the writer is psychotic or has some form of personality disorder. She seems to be suffering from some manner of persecutory delusion or paranoia.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 4872 4873 [4874] 4875 4876 ... 11040