Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4825 4826 [4827] 4828 4829 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445791 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72390 on: March 20, 2015, 10:22:36 am »

There is a skill in Payday2, under the fugitive tree, that allows you to pickup items (Such as keycards) while in stealth. However, you can use said items. There are massive bunches of weird restrictions for stealthmode, but that is the weirdest. Whats overt about using a keycard?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72391 on: March 20, 2015, 10:28:03 am »

There is a skill in Payday2, under the fugitive tree, that allows you to pickup items (Such as keycards) while in stealth. However, you can use said items. There are massive bunches of weird restrictions for stealthmode, but that is the weirdest. Whats overt about using a keycard?
Using a keycard is like being an anime character. You have to choreograph it.
"Manager Office Keycard SWIPE!"
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #72392 on: March 20, 2015, 10:29:30 am »

I look like Hitler in my workplace photo ID. Down to the moustache. The oddest thing of it all is that I did not have a moustache when I had the pic taken. But a shadow makes it look like I did.

Tbh everyone's ID photo is infamous. But I'm the only one that looks like a war criminal in it.
I look like a psycho killer in half the photos made with a flash. Or asleep, in the other half.
I look like I'm really fed up with the guy I'm looking at.
In one I look like a Red Army Faction terrorist. Next time I'll go to the barber before having my photo taken.

My Latin prof thinks I look like the Unabomber in my ID picture.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #72393 on: March 20, 2015, 10:32:36 am »

Whats overt about using a keycard?
... I don't think I've ever seen anything a keycard can go into that doesn't make a fair amount of noise. Doors make that chunk sound, if they don't have explicitly boops or beeps, machines make various sorts of noises (whrrs, more beeps, etc.), so on, so forth. The keycard itself might not make noise or whatev', but whatever it's interacting with almost certainly will. They tend to be tied to stuff that's pretty overt.

And should be, really. Doors that make noise when opened or unlocked and machines that produce sound when functioning is both good maintenance indicators and good security.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72394 on: March 20, 2015, 10:39:25 am »

Exactly. When things like keycards were invented and became able to unlock doors and activate machinery, it was followed by the creation of information feedback methods to give the keycard user a signal to indicate what happened. This is because keycards dont give you the same phisical and audible feedback that, for example, actual keys do. Artificial feedback is a common thing among many eletronic and digital devices today.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:42:00 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72395 on: March 20, 2015, 10:46:56 am »

Yes, but if you have a keycard than clearly you are allowed to have it, right? I mean, this is a game where you can get one that opens anything for $4000.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72396 on: March 20, 2015, 11:22:09 am »

Yes, but if you have a keycard than clearly you are allowed to have it, right? I mean, this is a game where you can get one that opens anything for $4000.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait you were serious. Even petty shit like university ID cards are stolen (or lost, found, and kept) because they mean free meals and/or access to dorms you don't live in. There's a reason why even with card-locked doors in dorms, company security checkpoints, &c. you still have someone out watching people when they enter and matching ID pictures to faces.

Also that's ignoring the point about user feedback. The 'CHUNK' when a carded door opens is a substitute for that sensation you get when you thrust your key into the lock, turning it gently or harshly depending on the door, applying exactly the right amount of pressure, and getting that smooth slide as the tumblers lock into the place, the lock turns, and the bolt clicks back.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72397 on: March 20, 2015, 11:29:41 am »

Why, yes, I am aware of the other things done about keycards, I am talking about things in a game where there are no 'CHUNK's, no lights, bells or whistles when you unlock a door, and a game where people ignore the guy with the AK on their back, Body armor on their chest, a medkit on their side and blue surgical gloves on their hands.
Highly Opinionated Fool

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72398 on: March 20, 2015, 11:35:16 am »

This is the cover for an actual romance-erotica book that was actualy sold on amazon not too long ago. Its not NSFW, but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72399 on: March 20, 2015, 11:51:00 am »

This is the cover for an actual romance-erotica book that was actualy sold on amazon not too long ago. Its not NSFW, but...
Who let the graphic designer get away with leaving filled white in the loops of the letters? They deserve to be fired if the publisher hasn't already gone under.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #72400 on: March 20, 2015, 11:53:02 am »

Who let the graphic designer get away with leaving filled white in the loops of the letters? They deserve to be fired if the publisher hasn't already gone under.
The publisher, the graphic designer, and the writer are all probably the same person when that book was being made.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72401 on: March 20, 2015, 11:54:00 am »

I'm pretty sure you can sell just self published ebooks on amazon yeah.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72402 on: March 20, 2015, 11:55:41 am »

Oh I missed the Amazon bit. Assumed it was being sold for reals in a shop.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72403 on: March 20, 2015, 12:17:11 pm »

Why, yes, I am aware of the other things done about keycards, I am talking about things in a game where there are no 'CHUNK's, no lights, bells or whistles when you unlock a door, and a game where people ignore the guy with the AK on their back, Body armor on their chest, a medkit on their side and blue surgical gloves on their hands.
It is obviously cosplay of course.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #72404 on: March 20, 2015, 12:31:53 pm »

I think it's sad when you need an Iphone or android based phone just to be able to get a food delivery job.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.
Pages: 1 ... 4825 4826 [4827] 4828 4829 ... 11040