Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4824 4825 [4826] 4827 4828 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448653 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72375 on: March 20, 2015, 04:54:59 am »

I just spent about an hour playing dress-up in the Star Trek Online character creator system. Probably my new favorite MMO just for the addition of an EA-style "build your character" feature, down to the sliders for individual facial features.

They lose points for not giving your bridge officers pre-written backgrounds, though. I'm given one bridge officer that I can't rename no matter what, at least write something interesting for the character sheet!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72376 on: March 20, 2015, 05:16:27 am »

Eclipse's been and gone, and I noticed none of it. I blame Solaire.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #72377 on: March 20, 2015, 05:21:02 am »

I look like Hitler in my workplace photo ID. Down to the moustache. The oddest thing of it all is that I did not have a moustache when I had the pic taken. But a shadow makes it look like I did.

Tbh everyone's ID photo is infamous. But I'm the only one that looks like a war criminal in it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72378 on: March 20, 2015, 05:25:24 am »

I look like Hitler in my workplace photo ID. Down to the moustache. The oddest thing of it all is that I did not have a moustache when I had the pic taken. But a shadow makes it look like I did.

Tbh everyone's ID photo is infamous. But I'm the only one that looks like a war criminal in it.
I look like a psycho killer in half the photos made with a flash. Or asleep, in the other half.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72379 on: March 20, 2015, 05:26:19 am »

I look like a psycho killer in half the photos made with a flash. Or asleep, in the other half.
Maybe being woken up puts you in a killer mood.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #72380 on: March 20, 2015, 05:45:19 am »

Flash must have been specifically engineered to make photos look awful; it has a high success rate in that department. If you need to provide a good looking photo for anything, take it outside in natural light and then touch it up in GIMP or Photoshop later. It's really easy to make photos look a lot better just by playing with the brightness/contrast settings.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #72381 on: March 20, 2015, 06:13:21 am »

Apparently where I live is considered a "danger zone" by the mail service, despite being only 15 minutes, at worst, from the nearest agency. Of course, this means that only packages won't arrive. Bills still do.

Sounds like they're just being shits so they don't have to deliver packages, then.
"danger zones" in respect to mail couriers is new to me, though.
Where exactly do you live, again?
Near two slums. Not that it matters, since slums are scattered semi-randomly about in any hill available.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72382 on: March 20, 2015, 06:45:09 am »

Maybe being woken up puts you in a killer mood.
That it certainly does, but it's more related to the fact that I have very light-sensitive eyes, so I either close them reflexively or force them open.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72383 on: March 20, 2015, 08:29:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whats this from?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72384 on: March 20, 2015, 08:31:51 am »

BloodRayne.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72385 on: March 20, 2015, 08:34:41 am »

Playing about with the install of Mint I have on a USB drive to see what I even did on it. Got the newest DF update and generated a world. My craptop managed hundreds of years generated in the blink of an eye, admittedly on a small world. Still though, I'm pretty sure it normally takes longer.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72386 on: March 20, 2015, 08:39:22 am »

I look like I'm really fed up with the guy I'm looking at.
In one I look like a Red Army Faction terrorist. Next time I'll go to the barber before having my photo taken.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #72387 on: March 20, 2015, 08:40:21 am »

I apparently look like that kid from Home Alone.

Kevin?

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72388 on: March 20, 2015, 09:20:15 am »

Hey, I haven't played Red Faction sine 1 month after the first game came out, but I still read that :p

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72389 on: March 20, 2015, 09:28:46 am »

Shut up, weasel!

Man I had to redo that fight so many times.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 4824 4825 [4826] 4827 4828 ... 11040