Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4818 4819 [4820] 4821 4822 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443533 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72285 on: March 18, 2015, 02:14:13 pm »

I originally thought it was "RA", but no states use that as a shorthand acronym.

Oh good, I'm not alone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72286 on: March 18, 2015, 02:18:56 pm »

There's an unused old bathroom in my office, and recently we decided to check it out a few weeks ago. There was an old bottle of caustic soda around on the floor, but nothing else. Today one of the employees checked the old bathroom and it seems there are soda crystals or something accumulating or forming on the bathroom floor tiles, close to the soda bottle. Thing is, the bottle, despite not being sealed (it was apparently used at one point), is tightly closed, but seems to be covered on the same dusty/crystaly substance, which has actualy formed large, flat chunks similar to ice in some places.

Its probably some common chemical phenomena, but what baffles me is how fast the damn thing spread, covering nearly half of the bathroom floor, despite there being no sizeable ammount of soda residue on the floor weeks ago.

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72287 on: March 18, 2015, 02:19:59 pm »

I originally thought it was "RA", but no states use that as a shorthand acronym.

Oh good, I'm not alone.

Doesn't that just mean that it could be a fake?  Of course it could have been a manufacturing mistake.  It does look like RA to me and a Google search of "Bradford, RA" does turn up results of people talking about fake Zippo lighters.

The serach results.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #72288 on: March 18, 2015, 02:22:24 pm »

It's really something that the person with the lighter needs to check. A touch-check should be able to see if that's really an 'R' or if it is a 'P' with a large period next to it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72289 on: March 18, 2015, 02:28:02 pm »

I suddenly hear the "USB device connected" sound and get a warning that a USB device is malfunctioning and that Windows didn't recognize it. I did nothing.
I look and my flash drive isn't recognized anymore. I take it out, I plug it back in, nothing.
Windows just randomly corrupted my fucking USB drive because it felt like it. Even if it shifted out of the slot, there was no fucking reason to be accessing it in the first place!

E:
May actually be something else, I can shift the head slightly...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72290 on: March 18, 2015, 02:39:21 pm »

I suddenly hear the "USB device connected" sound and get a warning that a USB device is malfunctioning and that Windows didn't recognize it. I did nothing.
I look and my flash drive isn't recognized anymore. I take it out, I plug it back in, nothing.
Windows just randomly corrupted my fucking USB drive because it felt like it. Even if it shifted out of the slot, there was no fucking reason to be accessing it in the first place!

E:
May actually be something else, I can shift the head slightly...
Are you using a laptop? Try pulling out other USB-connected devices, the USB port may be out of power.
._.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72291 on: March 18, 2015, 02:40:33 pm »

It was working a moment ago. I think I've killed the stick, sadly.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72292 on: March 18, 2015, 02:42:08 pm »

Probably got overloaded,

The data should be intact kf you got a technician or whatsit to recover them.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72293 on: March 18, 2015, 02:43:52 pm »

All that was on there was a copy of eduke32, nothing I can't easily recover. I'm sadder about the fact that I broke a perfectly good USB stick.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72294 on: March 18, 2015, 02:46:35 pm »

I've had that happen before. Plugged a usb stick into my brother's computer, and before windows even recognized its presence, the thing had become so hot it killed both the stick and the usb port permanently. Got blisters from unplugging it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72295 on: March 18, 2015, 02:56:55 pm »

This is why you save up for external drives and never use USB ever.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #72296 on: March 18, 2015, 02:59:50 pm »

This is why I started using Dropbox.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #72297 on: March 18, 2015, 03:02:49 pm »

This is why you save up for external drives and never use USB ever.
... there's something particularly hilarious about this statement when you consider one of the primary connection points for external drives is USB :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #72298 on: March 18, 2015, 03:11:19 pm »

@Zippo

It was mostly about RA, which turned out to be Pa after all - I googled a list of two-lettered acronyms for american states and found not an RA one, so I was curious which one they have misspelled.
That lighter might be a fake, though its a high quality fake. OR, it could be an actual manufacturing mistake, given a guy I got it from was once paid for some work he did with a box of Zippos of american origin back in the nineties, so that might be just a batch of some factory-rejected zippos vaguely legally imported to our country.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 4818 4819 [4820] 4821 4822 ... 11040