Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4762 4763 [4764] 4765 4766 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444505 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71445 on: March 07, 2015, 10:19:35 am »

... to be fair, there wasn't really all that much sci-fi in spelljammer. It was just fantasy in space. With those awesome hippo dudes.
Yeah. From what little I know about it, Dragonstar is actually proper straight-up Sci-Fi in D&D. Even though it isn't technically D&D.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71446 on: March 07, 2015, 10:44:58 am »

... to be fair, there wasn't really all that much sci-fi in spelljammer. It was just fantasy in space. With those awesome hippo dudes.
Yeah. From what little I know about it, Dragonstar is actually proper straight-up Sci-Fi in D&D. Even though it isn't technically D&D.
There are also several computer RPG series (that are not technically D&D but were certainly motivated by it) originating from these years which contain (how do you say "both" but for three elements?) fantasy, sci-fi and real world elements.

I personally know of Big Three: Ultima, Wizardry and Might & Magic, and there are probably more little ones.

Modern culture has however concreted these concepts as separate. In the future it'll probably shift back with real-world technology catching up with sci-fi and fantasy world being more tangible through it. I wonder when will it happen...
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71447 on: March 07, 2015, 11:13:30 am »

*scratches head* It already happens quite a bit, especially when you're dealing with clarketech sort of conceits. Not the main paradigm, but it's far from unknown...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #71448 on: March 07, 2015, 11:33:33 am »

The Elder Scrolls series has lots of sci-fi in it - the gods arriving to the earth in a spaceship, space voyages and astromana-nauts, laser-gun wielding robots sent back in time to terminate all elves, etc.
Love, scriver~

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #71449 on: March 07, 2015, 11:34:53 am »

The Elder Scrolls series has lots of sci-fi in it - the gods arriving to the earth in a spaceship, space voyages and astromana-nauts, laser-gun wielding robots sent back in time to terminate all elves, etc.

And an entire technogenic civilisation wiped out.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71450 on: March 07, 2015, 11:39:05 am »

Akura, having known your predicament (you stated you were framed before, or very badly misinterpreted)...isn't there someone with authority that you could appeal to, to rectify the mistake that occurred? :-\ A black mark on your reputation that you did not deserve is a badly harrowing thing.

Not really, especially now, since the last I heard, the Associate Dean who handled the situation is now the Executive Dean, which I assume means she's in charge of the entire campus. Hell, I'm pretty sure I heard from the other Associate Dean(there's two, one for student affairs, the other for faculty or something. The stuck up bitch was the one for student affairs) that there wasn't really much I could do, except try to talk to the college president who I have no doubt would have sided against me. After all, what's the rights of one person making below minimum wage when you've got the reputation of the entire college to uphold.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71451 on: March 07, 2015, 11:45:18 am »

"Come to [REDACTED]! Get an accusation against you and we won't do anything at all as it ruins your life!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71452 on: March 07, 2015, 12:51:08 pm »

Neonivek's Guide to the Three Annie Movies
-----

1980s Annie: The Best Story and comedy of the three, it understands where to build drama and the characters involved and gives the play a much needed Hollywood makeover. Certainly there are a lot of liberties taken but they are welcomed ones. As well the acting is probably the best.

1999 Annie: Best music of the three, honestly by a long shot! It is a lot more honest to the stage show and has a lot of knockout performances, in fact it feels like they made a movie out of a really well produced stage show. If there is one flaw with the movie it is that there is a lack of drama compared to the 1980s movie.

2014 Annie: WHAT THE HECK!?! Skip it! Run! Run for your life! But more specific it has by far the worst story, it replaces the drama of the two characters getting to know each other with illiteracy the most easily solved problem they could have thought of which was solved PERFECTLY in less than a year, AND the worst music of the three (Not all the music is bad)... And its conclusion is incredibly weak even within the bounds of its own story. It attempts to "Modernize" the play in the worst possible ways and never EVER skips a moment to make fun of the original (Of which it has exactly two "Ha ha the 1980 movie was silly!" moments).
-Seriously I could rant about this movie FOREVER! I was really looking forward to it.

---

So in conclusion the PERFECT Annie movie would be if they combined the 1980 and 1990 Annies.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71453 on: March 07, 2015, 03:07:53 pm »

Text from classmate asking me to do an entire assignment by myself and send it to her so that she can copy it.

It's not due in weeks, and is to be done in groups of five. Apparently my group is going to be a group of one-plus-four. Or she's trying to do this to everyone in the group to copy everyone else's work to make her look like the best of us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71454 on: March 07, 2015, 03:19:25 pm »

Text from classmate asking me to do an entire assignment by myself and send it to her so that she can copy it.

It's not due in weeks, and is to be done in groups of five. Apparently my group is going to be a group of one-plus-four. Or she's trying to do this to everyone in the group to copy everyone else's work to make her look like the best of us.

Tip for school: Group projects are ACTUALLY solo projects... DO NOT share your work.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71455 on: March 07, 2015, 03:31:34 pm »

Fuck her. Send her a fake document that is guaranteed to be crap if she decides to turn it in, or none at all, say you were waiting for her to send her copy first.
You don't want to cooperate, you can suffer for your own failings. Nobody is obligated to help you be a lazy parasite.

Spend the entire time in between asking the rest of the group for this or that paperwork to help out. Something they actually need to pit effort into. Anyone who doesn't contribute can suck it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:34:01 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71456 on: March 07, 2015, 03:32:09 pm »

What will happen is she will present YOUR WORK as her own and lower your mark.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71457 on: March 07, 2015, 03:35:09 pm »

Oh, yeah. My assumption was that every member of the group was being asked to provide a copy.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #71458 on: March 07, 2015, 03:41:00 pm »

Why don't you just gather your group of five in some place with internet access having a laptop and get shit done together? Isn't that what it is supposed to be? Am I missing details?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71459 on: March 07, 2015, 03:44:10 pm »

It is a group assignment.

Knowing this person, she will ask every member for a copy of the entire thing, and then take them and combine them to make it look like she did the entire thing herself.

There's only one copy being handed in. The assignment also asks to incorporate our group discussions and such into the work as well.
Pages: 1 ... 4762 4763 [4764] 4765 4766 ... 11040