Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4585 4586 [4587] 4588 4589 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432693 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68790 on: February 02, 2015, 04:31:54 pm »

I'd play, if a server was set up. Gotta force that #Novakid down all the throats :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68791 on: February 02, 2015, 04:35:27 pm »

You asked that of all questions, on Bay12.
What better place to ask?
I mean the obvious solution would be to switch it with the coffee, but there are probably more immediately destructive solutions.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #68792 on: February 02, 2015, 05:20:08 pm »

Am I literally the only person who enjoyed school? I have never heard another person say "Gee, I really enjoyed college/high school/whatever". Sure there were times that I didn't want to do it and would rather have stayed in bed, but most of those were related to social fuckups and problems rather than the school experience itself. On the whole, I found my classes really fun and interesting, and the same is true of college so far.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68793 on: February 02, 2015, 05:21:42 pm »

Probably.
I don't hate it or anything, but it's something I do as a means to an end rather than because I really want to.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68794 on: February 02, 2015, 05:22:25 pm »

Am I literally the only person who enjoyed school? I have never heard another person say "Gee, I really enjoyed college/high school/whatever". Sure there were times that I didn't want to do it and would rather have stayed in bed, but most of those were related to social fuckups and problems rather than the school experience itself. On the whole, I found my classes really fun and interesting, and the same is true of college so far.

Maybe.  I liked school up until high-school.  Social anxiety probably was most of my problem though.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #68795 on: February 02, 2015, 05:55:48 pm »

Probably.
I don't hate it or anything, but it's something I do as a means to an end rather than because I really want to.
I didn't like school. I like learning, but in my own way. The school's way was boring as hell.
These things.

I enjoyed spending time with my friends, mainly.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68796 on: February 02, 2015, 06:09:35 pm »

It seems like whenever I plan on getting up at a reasonable hour, my brain comes up with a collection of the most dramatic dreams it can think of. X_x
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68797 on: February 02, 2015, 06:15:31 pm »

Am I literally the only person who enjoyed school?
College was nice, once I was done with the general education stuff (the bit of college before that was basically high school with less jackasses and a better schedule). Everything before that point was basically shit stacked upon shit, barring a short period during the last half of my last year of high school where I ended up my own and only teacher. And the gifted/challenge stuff, occasionally, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #68798 on: February 02, 2015, 06:24:30 pm »

Yeah, as a person who doesn't exactly make friends easily it was kinda nice at times to be forced to befriend people. Annoying as hell sometimes, but I've still got friends mostly because I was thrown together with them through school. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68799 on: February 02, 2015, 06:50:22 pm »

I liked school! Middle school was meh for social reasons, but the rest was pretty awesome.
It helps that I'm intelligent, extroverted, likeable (by teachers and students), good-looking, and of pleasant smell.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68800 on: February 02, 2015, 07:18:05 pm »

School (as in, kindergarten all the way until right before university) for me was perhaps the worst times of my life. It usually amounted to being pestered and tormented by arseholes all day, with a few moments of reprieve I got to spend with my friends. University's another story though, absolutely loving it even if some teachers are maniacs.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68801 on: February 02, 2015, 07:20:23 pm »

Elementary: Fucking boring.
Junior High: Social hell, existential angst, bouts of depression, extreme introversion, still fucking boring. The closest I ever came to suicide or a mental break.
High: Meh. Meeeeeh. Eh? Okay.
Undergrad: Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. Huh. Okay. Okay!

That's the quick and dirty summary of my experience.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68802 on: February 02, 2015, 07:25:11 pm »

School's been OK for me. Nothing too new or interesting. At least I have an excuse to play Pokémon against real people when I'm not doing the same math equations over and over and over-analyzing literature.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68803 on: February 02, 2015, 07:33:32 pm »

Primary school was alright. Some good moments in there, despite me being lazy. I was even coming out of my shell a bit once I settled into a decent school for the last couple years of it.

High school was fucking miserable. Seriously, that chunk of my life may as well have not happened for all the good it did me. I basically missed out on those important developmental years of my life. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #68804 on: February 02, 2015, 08:06:49 pm »

Elementry was meh, not bad but not great.

Middle school I found terrible, as I was homeschooled for the entirety. I was never the most social of people, so I rarely saw "old" friends from my previous school.

High school, so far as a freshman, seems to be great despite occasional social anxieties. Mostly because holy crap! People! I haven't interacted this much with people in 3 years! THIS IS AMAZING!

I do enjoy my classes, though for the most part it's because friends.

Thinking about it, I realize that people are pretty much the only reason I like HS. Without friends it would be "meh" at best.
Pages: 1 ... 4585 4586 [4587] 4588 4589 ... 11039