Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454516 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #6720 on: March 19, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »

Wat.
Not a bad idea. If they can pull it off.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6721 on: March 19, 2012, 05:15:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure the issue is that he's ditching TMNT's legacy?

Wat.
Not a bad idea. If they can pull it off.
They'll go down in history if they do it. So cool :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: March 19, 2012, 05:18:27 pm »

http://collider.com/michael-bay-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-aliens/153406/

.... Really Michael Bay? Really? Aliens? Directors have 0 new ideas, so to make themselves not feel like wastes of space, they have to *cough* contribute *cough* something. This contribution seems to be ruining the classics they are remaking for lack of any original ideas.... [sigh]

"The title is basically a checklist.  The characters must be teenaged, mutated turtles that are skilled in martial arts.  Otherwise you could change all of the elements, and may as well make them Geriatric Alien Karate Lizards."

Not that I'm worked up about it, but.... Remaking Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, ET, it's just a little much.

What's wrong with them being aliens? I don't see the point of going into specifics period, but if you must, I don't see the issue of that extreme. They either need to make up some ridiculous explanation for how a group of earthly turtles turned into humanoid sentient creatures, or you could go the much easier and more logical approach, if you can call it that, and have them be quite obviously non-terrestrial.
it's Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles, not Teenage ALIEN Ninja Turtles. If they're aliens, the name makes little sense. In any case, when rebooting a franchise of that nature, the nostalgia market is huge. If you can successfully appeal to them, you can double or triple your money (because the nostalgia fans are likely to have enough disposable income to outweigh their smaller numbers, or will use it as a way to bond with their kids.) Changing a fundamental really hurts that plan.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: March 19, 2012, 05:21:25 pm »

Its a bit like the XCOM stuff: Sure, your idea might be good, and the game/movie might look quite ok, but if it changes too much from the nostalgia your title is bringing up, its probably not going to do as well as it could. If its extremely weighted in nostalgia, you could fail just from that, no matter what.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:28:09 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: March 19, 2012, 05:24:29 pm »

Also, Michael Bay isn't really known for doing great at re-booting old cartoon shows *cough* transformers *cough*
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: March 19, 2012, 05:27:22 pm »

Whats really sad is thanks to the endless cycle of remakes a whole generation of people are growing up only knowing the newer rehashes as oposed to the originals. If someone talks about the "Transformers" movie, I assume the animated version with Orson Wells' voice, not Bay's travesty of badly over the top CGI...
This is a blank sig.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: March 19, 2012, 05:28:51 pm »

Whats really sad is thanks to the endless cycle of remakes a whole generation of people are growing up only knowing the newer rehashes as oposed to the originals. If someone talks about the "Transformers" movie, I assume the animated version with Orson Wells' voice, not Bay's travesty of badly over the top CGI...
and too much focus on the guys who aren't giant robots.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: March 19, 2012, 05:30:09 pm »

I'd have loved to see those military guys in their own movie. Just not in a Transformers film. :/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: March 19, 2012, 05:32:34 pm »

So, while TPB is being crazy/awesome, this bunch is being the complete opposite kind of crazy. But they've apparently been doing so for awhile.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: March 19, 2012, 05:32:48 pm »

Wat.
So uh... are these drones meant to be solar powered, or what?  Surely they'd need to touch down now and then?  Not to mention it seems like they'd end up smashing into something sooner or later.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: March 19, 2012, 05:34:33 pm »

Speaking of transformers, anyone else notice that in the scene where they slide down the building, they shoot the glass out from under them. In a world with normal physics, this would cause them to be crushed into the floor of the level they where on. However, in Transformers physics they somehow have their speed reversed in the opposite direction. That really bugged me.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: March 19, 2012, 05:58:04 pm »

I've heard Shatner's "music" before, but this takes the cake. Emmy award winning actor, novelist and musical genius does WWE entrance themes.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6732 on: March 19, 2012, 06:50:51 pm »

On my Livejournal., I belong to a community dedicated to dealing with unpleasant customers when working in the service industry.  One person--apparently a Subway employee--says there's been a spate of customers insisting that BACON is a vegetable.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:08 pm »

Seriously, everything wrong with TMNT can be summed up with the word "aliens."

The worst issues of the original comic book series were the ones where they were in outer space or fighting space aliens. The best issues were when they were more down to earth, figuratively and literally. They had a damn good subplot about not fitting in due to being "freaks," but half the writers ignored that in favor of laser guns and space battles.

Lacking aliens and weirdness was why the first live action movie was the best. Having such is why the original cartoon's strength was in wackiness, not any serious themes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #6734 on: March 19, 2012, 07:00:33 pm »

SWEET LORD

Remember that movie Superman Returns? Yes, apparently Nic Cage was considered for the part at one point and wore... that.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 11040