Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4421 4422 [4423] 4424 4425 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485332 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #66330 on: December 30, 2014, 01:56:13 am »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66331 on: December 30, 2014, 02:03:12 am »

I want to play that in my English class, and see if I can get them to analyze it.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66334 on: December 30, 2014, 02:16:53 am »

Apparently I'm too skeptical and/or jaded to click that link.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #66335 on: December 30, 2014, 02:20:36 am »

Apparently I'm too skeptical and/or jaded to click that link.
It's a dramatic reading of a Tumblr post about a typo in a kid's menu in a restaurant. Safe for work.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66336 on: December 30, 2014, 03:13:20 am »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-weisser/new-video-tells-the-truth-about-guns_b_6390442.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

There is a "public service announcement" making the rounds that involves a teenager stealing a gun from his mother's house (a felony in most if not all states), taking it to school (also a felony in most if not all states, as well as grounds for immediate expulsion even if there was no prosecution) and putting it on his teacher's desk, stating "I'm afraid to have a gun in the house." Should the teacher take it, the teacher would, naturally, be committing multiple felonies. The "PSA" portrays this not only as a good thing, but comments from the producer suggest that the intention was to get ALL teenagers from gun-owning households to do so. The video has drawn massive fire from all sides of the gun ownership divide, with anti-gun groups calling it "the most irresponsible thing that has been produced yet", while the response from the pro-gun groups has been pretty much exactly what would be expected.

And then THIS asshole tries to pretend that all of the backlash is from whiners that don't like the way that this video "tells the truth" about guns, that the teenager in question prevented a school shooting, and that the video shows a boy "exercising basic common sense."
If you're scared about having a gun in the house, I'd say call the cops, not take it school so that any kid who plays Call of Dudebros can mug you and use the gun to shoot up the school.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66337 on: December 30, 2014, 03:31:06 am »

Still, if the owner of said gun has all the proper paperwork and such, there's not much the cops can do about it. Bringing it to school is stupidly dangerous and illegal, too.

Honestly, with the way our laws are, if someone in your house legally owns a gun, and you don't feel safe having it in said house, you really can't do anything about it besides tell someone you were thinking of using it and getting put in a mental ward.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66338 on: December 30, 2014, 03:43:50 am »

Or you could, you know, talk to the gun owner about your fears and see if the two of you could come to some sort of compromise. But nah, let's get locked up instead.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66339 on: December 30, 2014, 03:46:14 am »

Or you could, you know, talk to the gun owner about your fears and see if the two of you could come to some sort of compromise. But nah, let's get locked up instead.
Well, I've assumed the person has already tried that if they're going to resort to calling the cops.

Unless this person is my parents, in which case they will probably call the cops as a first resort.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66340 on: December 30, 2014, 04:49:53 am »

I've lived in gun-owning households for years. I was never afraid because I wasn't a dummy and my older brother wasn't a dummy, so I was well-educated about how guns worked, what is and isn't safe concerning a weapon, what the laws and rules are, all that sort of stuff. It wasn't much different from owning kitchen knives. Don't play with knives, don't play with the rifle (but ESPECIALLY NOT THE RIFLE. In fact don't touch the rifle unless somebody's there with you, when we feel you're old enough.)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66341 on: December 30, 2014, 09:33:01 am »

Gun Locks and safety awareness.  The purpose of having it is self preservation, but if your family doesnt feel safe with it a talk need to be had.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #66342 on: December 30, 2014, 10:24:48 am »

I wonder if the prehistoric humans ever had arguments about stone club control.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66343 on: December 30, 2014, 10:33:09 am »

I wonder if the prehistoric humans ever had arguments about stone club control.
I don't think that people killing other people would be as much of a deal when there's <100 people in a settlement.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #66344 on: December 30, 2014, 11:43:36 am »

It would probably be a huge deal. Whether they would be able to determine who dun it and what they would then do I have no idea.

Probably did have arguments about weapons control. Don't want someone clubbing your glorious leader to death afterall
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 4421 4422 [4423] 4424 4425 ... 11037