Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4380 4381 [4382] 4383 4384 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485260 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #65715 on: December 19, 2014, 12:13:34 pm »

It screams 'violation of conservation of mass'.

That wouldn't even bother me that much, since in comics and such most of the transformers do that on a regular basis(Megatron turns into a laser pistol). 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:16:07 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65716 on: December 19, 2014, 12:40:23 pm »

Its an example of #Drama, #Givemepity, and #Racehustle.  I disapprove.  Whatever sympathy I have for her need not interfere with my opinion of her little trashpiece.  That was unwarranted.  I apologize.

She feels that the worker is painting her parent, and hence the society is painting the minority swath, in a light she doesn't want reflected.  I will take the time to ask why an American wasn't educated to the point of literacy.  I will point out that while the economy is down, there are plenty of jobs and hopefully plenty of opportunities to find programs that teach basic literacy.  Its a blog.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:43:18 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65717 on: December 19, 2014, 12:47:46 pm »

Its an example of #Drama, #Givemepity, and #Racehustle.  I disapprove.  Whatever sympathy I have for her need not interfere with my opinion of her little trashpiece.  That was unwarranted.  I apologize.

She feels that the worker is painting her parent, and hence the society is painting the minority swath, in a light she doesn't want reflected.  I will take the time to ask why an American wasn't educated to the point of literacy.  I will point out that while the economy is down, there are plenty of jobs and hopefully plenty of opportunities to find programs that teach basic literacy.  Its a blog.

Why is this logical progression of this post apparently backwards? You have first the conclusion, then the argumentation, and then the premise. Just curious.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65718 on: December 19, 2014, 12:48:37 pm »

Why is this logical progression of this post apparently backwards? You have first the conclusion, then the argumentation, and then the premise. Just curious.
Also, I'm not sure what's the object of that post.
._.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65719 on: December 19, 2014, 12:52:09 pm »

I would argue that Im trying to justify my kneejerk reaction.  That she went a personal story first thing and when I saw the website name I got carried away.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65720 on: December 19, 2014, 01:03:08 pm »

Also, I'm not sure what's the object of that post.
You'll have to explain what you mean.

---

In addition to the social-worker/society painting her mother/the-minority-races in a light she doesnt want reflected (The trained, objective social worker was personable, thorough, and objective in her work and the author is upset that when history looks back it will look like the mother was unemployable by her own volition), the social worker likely considers herself to not be racist.  In short, that not enough attention and humanity was given.

She's claiming that even 'white people' who consider themselves progressive and equal-minded are hurting the black race.

-And I rather firmly believe that equality will take time, sure, but it will ultimately come from merit.  This article isn't presenting anything but a cry for sympathy.  The mother was a fine example of a person, but why wasn't she educated to literacy?  There is likely some programs that offer that.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 01:06:22 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #65721 on: December 19, 2014, 01:08:48 pm »

Who are you talking about?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65722 on: December 19, 2014, 01:11:51 pm »

o.o  Wtf.  Back a page.  I did that thing where I click on the newest unread post that isn't the latest post.  And worse that 25postsperpage put my first response on the top of a new page.
http://jezebel.com/i-dont-know-what-to-do-with-good-white-people-1671201391

I have absolutely no idea what the author it trying to say here. White people shouldn't feel good for not being racists?

Can anybody help me?
PKs DF Mod!

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65723 on: December 19, 2014, 03:56:01 pm »

huh, according to the windows rating index, my intel HD 3000 is 6.3, out of 7.9,  this is a integrated card that came out in 2011, and can get skyrim running at around 20 fps on low
and I have a wireless driver one version newer than the newest one released now...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #65724 on: December 19, 2014, 07:04:54 pm »

It took less than a full day to see a new release of DF.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65725 on: December 19, 2014, 07:22:10 pm »

My laptop completely f*cked itself last night. As in, it crashed, died, and then went to some weird error message when I tried to boot it up.
Eventually I gave in and agreed to let it restore the system to before it went wrong, thinking this spelled the end of my dwarf fortress save... but apparently it deleted the game itself but somehow kept the save data? Like a selective restore? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65726 on: December 19, 2014, 07:22:47 pm »

It took less than a full day to see a new release of DF.
It was just a few bugfixes that got picked up shortly after .40.20
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #65727 on: December 19, 2014, 07:55:00 pm »

Spent today in a class for lawyers on continuing education.

The guy behind me and to my right, literally was asleep for about ... half ... of it. Then he started snoring....

They didn't do anything about it....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65728 on: December 19, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »

Watched the series finale of legend of korra. Wow. That happened. may mean nothing but wow.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #65729 on: December 19, 2014, 08:55:50 pm »

I just made and posted this using only my face.
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME
Pages: 1 ... 4380 4381 [4382] 4383 4384 ... 11037