Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4297 4298 [4299] 4300 4301 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485234 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64470 on: December 04, 2014, 09:37:24 am »

At least it stopped with the Chinese ads :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64471 on: December 04, 2014, 09:39:20 am »

Those were definitely worse than AIDS ads. Much worse.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64472 on: December 04, 2014, 10:32:07 am »

I have a job interview Monday, and I'm trying to find out more information about the company in question. The only thing I can find is a "consumer advocacy" site that has two complaints allegedly from employees. One is written in such heavy ghetto-talk that it is nigh unreadable other than the comments about the "dolly parton without the tits" training manager, while the other rings faintly false.
What company?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #64474 on: December 04, 2014, 11:26:46 am »

I find it interesting when you can immediately tell when a program has been redesigned for touch pads and iPhones.

Usually where you once has small spaces to tell if you were online or offline, because you have a mouse clicking is easy... Gets inflated like a large balloon.

What I always wonder is why not have separate programs or allow the layout to be in the options?

It is kind of like Windows 8... Why not have the windows desktop as an option by default with all the other options?

Does anyone know how to change Skype back to its regular layout?

Yeah, I think that the new layout is awful.

You can in fact downgrade:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/downgrade-interface/m-p/3774981#M312878
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64475 on: December 04, 2014, 11:53:20 am »

Heh, I'm not religious but I've been enjoying a some of what I've been reading about Pope Francis. 

---
The 77-year-old Pope is said to have been appalled recently to have emerged one morning from his private suite of rooms to find that a Swiss Guard had been standing outside all night.

“Sit down,” he told the young guardsman, to which the soldier said: “I can’t, it’s against orders.”

The Pope replied: “I give the orders around here” — and promptly went off to buy a cappuccino for the exhausted soldier.
---
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:55:29 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64476 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:01 pm »

He really seems to be  a good baseline model that every Catholic should strive to emulate. Unfortunately, many of them do not.

Edit: Fixed generalization.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64477 on: December 04, 2014, 02:48:04 pm »

You guys dont appreciate the humoureousness of a naval doctor named Captain Wood?  Seaman Seeman?  Chief petty officer Nutt?

Names in the Navy.

Spoiler: Joke (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #64478 on: December 04, 2014, 03:58:07 pm »

I seem to be doing better on Ranger mode of Metro: Last Light than on Normal mode.
What?
Take a closer look at this text!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64479 on: December 04, 2014, 03:59:46 pm »

I seem to be doing better on Ranger mode of Metro: Last Light than on Normal mode.
What?

I think that makes sense.  From what I remember it is supposed to make your bullets more deadly as well.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #64480 on: December 04, 2014, 04:01:38 pm »

What?

I think that makes sense.  From what I remember it is supposed to make your bullets more deadly as well.
Yes, but I've to kill anyone because I need all the ammo I can get for the mutant levels. It seems easier to do stealth for some reason (as in, situations where I was detected on my last run don't seem to get me detected now. Even though I'm being a bit more reckless). Though not having the aiming thingamajig and being unable to see how many rounds are in your gun kind of sucks.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:03:15 pm by Lyeos »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64481 on: December 04, 2014, 04:15:06 pm »

Though not having the aiming thingamajig and being unable to see how many rounds are in your gun kind of sucks.

Ouch.  That would drive me nuts, haha.  Metro also did that thing where you'd lose your bullets if you reload early, didn't it? 

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64482 on: December 04, 2014, 04:23:35 pm »

Yeah, it does. All the guns magazines in metro are field stripped though, so you can count the bullets in the magazine. It's hard to do on anything but the bastard gun, but it's still possible.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:31:11 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #64483 on: December 04, 2014, 04:44:15 pm »

Aren't bullets in metro literally money?  Seems a bit reckless to just throw them away.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #64484 on: December 04, 2014, 04:51:46 pm »

Aren't bullets in metro literally money?  Seems a bit reckless to just throw them away.
Only the military-grade ones. I think they can only be used in the assault rifles, which have a different type of ammunition as their default. Though they do more damage than the default.

Though you can exchange the other ammo types for MGRs, and use those to purchase other things/ammo, so yeah, in a sense.
Pages: 1 ... 4297 4298 [4299] 4300 4301 ... 11037