Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4248 4249 [4250] 4251 4252 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450684 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #63735 on: November 19, 2014, 07:20:29 pm »

Electrosphere/4 are my favorite ACombats, hands down.

I never played much Acore, but the PS1 titles were solid and I liked them more than the other mech games of the time.

AC? Black flag is the only one I like.. Yes, the pirate theme makes it a better game in my opinion, because the plot overall in AC is terribad anyways. I think they've just fallen into making sequels for shits and giggles now. Too much effort spent on maintaining the franchise and not on gameplay itself anymore..
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63736 on: November 19, 2014, 07:25:53 pm »

So apparently Farcry 4 has a character called Amita Sarbeesian.
Let's just acknowledge this fact, and not discuss her because the last thread got locked.
My bad, apparently she's just named Amita. There's a flame war going on over her wiki page.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63737 on: November 19, 2014, 07:53:24 pm »

So apparently Farcry 4 has a character called Amita Sarbeesian.
Let's just acknowledge this fact, and not discuss her because the last thread got locked.
My bad, apparently she's just named Amita. There's a flame war going on over her wiki page.

You know, as much as I would like a "take that" parody of her...

Unfortunately it comes with WAAAAAAAAAY too much baggage. Unless it is suddenly revealed she is a space pirate I think people should probably leave her alone.

Though I admit a game where Anita Sarceesian is a Space Pirate would certainly be interesting.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #63738 on: November 19, 2014, 08:00:53 pm »

Armored Creed?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63739 on: November 19, 2014, 08:04:24 pm »

I pray that someday Armored Core experiences a surge of popularity and retakes the acronym that is rightfully their.

...well technically it rightfully belongs to Ace Combat but still!

Honestly to me the only reason Armored Core has issues with popularity is... The controls.

It is a game that actually takes effort to be even slightly competent with it.

Unlike lets say... Zone of Enders where you feel freakishly competent even though you probably are a terrible pilot.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #63740 on: November 19, 2014, 08:05:24 pm »

... honestly, the thought of a giant robot stealth game is fairly amusing.

Maybe a transformers crossover, pre-cybertron exodus or whatever it was? You could play as a decepticon in the early parts of the war, flapping about giant mechanical cities murdering key civil and military targets. You'd have all the parkour and shit of Asscreed, plus giant robots and death beams and stuff.

I'd... I'd probably play that, assuming whoever made it didn't utterly fuck it up. That's a good hook.

E: Actually, ruminating on it some more, I think that's not just a good hook but something that would be accurately classified as a goddamn amazing concept. Something like that could be kinda' incredible.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:10:15 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #63741 on: November 19, 2014, 08:10:18 pm »

Go for broke and have Ace Combat by having the PC transform into a jet
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #63742 on: November 19, 2014, 08:11:34 pm »

Actually, ruminating on it some more, I think that's not just a good hook but something that would be accurately classified as a goddamn amazing concept. Something like that could be kinda' incredible.
Maybe have the later parts be set on Earth, which is harder since you're more obvious (I know, crazy)... But then you get the ability to disguise into cars and buildings.
"Oh shit, Tony's dead!"
"What could have killed him? The only thing around here is that giant skyscraper!"
"Jeez, what a mystery."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #63743 on: November 19, 2014, 08:15:55 pm »

Maybe for a sequel? I'd think getting a functioning air combat system in the first go would be a bit of excessive feature creep. But yeah, maybe that or multiple characters to choose from (or just being able to choose the singular character's transformation, I suppose). I'm bollocks with air combat sim stuff, personally, so it'd be a turn off, but having that alongside ground-based transformations would be pretty great.

Still, seamless transition into a Ace Combat style flight system would also be kinda' awesome. I'd probably rather see it in a sequel or spinoff game, though.

E: Not sure about bringing it to earth, though. From a lore perspective, I'd personally be way more interested in something based on cybertron, or some other non-earth location. Lot more conceptual room to play with, imo.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:17:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #63744 on: November 19, 2014, 08:54:14 pm »

Hm. By sheer coincidence, I've run across two xkcd comics twice while browsing with the Random button.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #63745 on: November 19, 2014, 09:05:10 pm »

Maybe for a sequel? I'd think getting a functioning air combat system in the first go would be a bit of excessive feature creep. But yeah, maybe that or multiple characters to choose from (or just being able to choose the singular character's transformation, I suppose). I'm bollocks with air combat sim stuff, personally, so it'd be a turn off, but having that alongside ground-based transformations would be pretty great.

Still, seamless transition into a Ace Combat style flight system would also be kinda' awesome. I'd probably rather see it in a sequel or spinoff game, though.

E: Not sure about bringing it to earth, though. From a lore perspective, I'd personally be way more interested in something based on cybertron, or some other non-earth location. Lot more conceptual room to play with, imo.
I'm fine away with Earth. I just want to stealthily stamp on beings smaller then my toe.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #63746 on: November 19, 2014, 09:19:07 pm »

There's those tiny transformers for that, I think. Cybertron provides.
Ask not!
Ask!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63747 on: November 19, 2014, 10:04:02 pm »

After Skyrim bingeing and then watching The Prince of Egypt, I realized that YHWH is a Daedric Prince.

"Moses, my champion. I give you magic powers in exchange for freeing my people from slavery!"

And now I want a mod with a "Kill Firstborn" spell.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #63748 on: November 19, 2014, 10:15:39 pm »

What would be his fancy weapon/armor?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63749 on: November 19, 2014, 10:20:05 pm »

What would be his fancy weapon/armor?
Well, it's actually a staff. It works like the Wabbajack - cast it, random chance of various effects ranging from "Summon Snake" to "Call Flaming Hail" to "Kill Firstborn Sons"
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 4248 4249 [4250] 4251 4252 ... 11040