Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4242 4243 [4244] 4245 4246 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455935 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #63645 on: November 18, 2014, 08:32:25 pm »

I'll just stick with my Mario (guy be psychopathic), my Sonic (guy be on speed), my Dark Wizard (Learn your sorceries, yo), and my other Nintendo and Sega family friendly classics.
* Tawarochir gives flabort a Nintendelitist brofist

Heck yes.
Nintendo, hell yeah.
* Sirus plays on his 3DS when off-duty
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #63646 on: November 18, 2014, 08:35:05 pm »

I'll just stick with my Mario (guy be psychopathic), my Sonic (guy be on speed), my Dark Wizard (Learn your sorceries, yo), and my other Nintendo and Sega family friendly classics.
* Tawarochir gives flabort a Nintendelitist brofist

Heck yes.
Nintendo, hell yeah.
* Sirus plays on his 3DS when off-duty
*Brofist Back*
Same thing, Sirus. Except mine's the Yoshi XL 3DS. ;P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #63647 on: November 18, 2014, 08:56:10 pm »

* Orange, a member of the PC Gamer master race, gazes down at the uncivilised peasants and chuckles quietly to himself.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #63648 on: November 18, 2014, 09:00:45 pm »

Oi, oreo cookies are tasty, man.
... only once they go a bit stale. Get a bit chewy and all. Then they're nice. Before that... ehn. There's a reason they tend to be shown eaten with milk to soften 'em.
Ew. Stale cookies. Ew. Milk.

Y'know, I never really liked milk. I presume I drank it as a child, like, baby-tier child, but as far as I can remember I disliked it. Tried drinking milk the other day, never before have I eaten/drank something that triggered a gag reflex like milk. Something about it just made it repulsive, where I had to mentally brace myself and force myself to drink it. Probably the texture. Taste was eh, too. No the milk wasn't spoiled.

* Orange, a member of the PC Gamer master race, gazes down at the uncivilised peasants and chuckles quietly to himself.
Meanwhile, I play PC games and nintendo games and console games. I don't discriminate.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63649 on: November 18, 2014, 09:01:59 pm »

You know that it's perfectly possible to enjoy both consoles and PC gaming, right? I may have owned and played on just about every Nintendo console since the SNES, but I also have a fairly powerful custom PC and plenty of games to play on it. I have the best of both worlds :V

Now bow to me, knave.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #63650 on: November 18, 2014, 09:06:43 pm »

... in fact, it's pretty possible to enjoy most of both right on the PC. I look forward to the days in the future where even more becomes accessible. Frumple cares not from whence the spice games flow.

That said, computer's side is waaaaay less expensive on the net, from what I've experienced. Even before the online sales became common and without yarharharing. Three cheers for FOSS and FOSS related products, etc., etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #63651 on: November 18, 2014, 09:08:55 pm »

You know that it's perfectly possible to enjoy both consoles and PC gaming, right? I may have owned and played on just about every Nintendo console since the SNES, but I also have a fairly powerful custom PC and plenty of games to play on it. I have the best of both worlds :V

Now bow to me, knave.
Heh, same here, as long as you remove "own" and trade the 64 for the NES.. As long as you count "plays roguelikes plenty", "has a buttload of SNES and NES ROMS that he browses occasionally", and "spends some spare time browsing Newgrounds for half-decent flash games" as PC gaming.

... in fact, it's pretty possible to enjoy most of both right on the PC. I look forward to the days in the future where even more becomes accessible. Frumple cares not from whence the spice games flow.

That said, computer's side is waaaaay less expensive on the net, from what I've experienced. Even before the online sales became common and without yarharharing. Three cheers for FOSS and FOSS related products, etc., etc.
What kind of PC do you have that can run games that are akin to post-Gamecube graphics?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #63652 on: November 18, 2014, 09:11:46 pm »

What kind of PC do you have that can run games that are akin to post-Gamecube graphics?
A PC that's at least as powerful as a console from early 2000s. Which should be easy nowadays.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63653 on: November 18, 2014, 09:13:23 pm »

A PC that's at least as powerful as a console from early 2000s. Which should be easy nowadays.
When I said "post-gamecube", I meant around Wii-era.

I'm pretty sure early 2000s stopped a while before '06.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #63654 on: November 18, 2014, 09:16:58 pm »

When I said "post-gamecube", I meant around Wii-era.

I'm pretty sure early 2000s stopped a while before '06.
Eh. If the PC is good enough to run modern AAA pc games then it can probably emulate wii games or gamecube games at a decent performance. That's what I was trying to say.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63655 on: November 18, 2014, 09:18:41 pm »

Maybe it's just the fact my computer is six years old.

* Tawarochir laughs like an old man, smokes a pipe, and strokes his beard

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63656 on: November 18, 2014, 09:18:52 pm »

My PC can run wii games real well (my wii doesn't work, so I have to go with emulation) and it's pretty lame (plays Oblivion at 30 FPS medium-high, 40 FPS min, 1600x900; remember that a good computer from 8 years ago could play that better)

Oh, speaking of which, ePSXe (PS1 emulator) can actually run PS1 discs directly. It's hella cool. Just pop in your copy of Ace Combat 2 or whatever and it'll run it.

Of course, I have to do all that kind of thing on my brother's computer, since mine has no optical disk drive.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63657 on: November 18, 2014, 09:20:47 pm »

._.

this thing has graphical issues running Paper Mario

my average flash game runs at like 12 fps

* Tawarochir cries

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #63658 on: November 18, 2014, 09:22:59 pm »

Yeah, they've got fairly functional PS2 and Wii ones. Dunno about the Xboxes. And the PS2 one'll run on a fairly cruddy computer -- not terribly well (Low FPS on a dual core ~2.1 ghz, shitty integrated video card, 4 gigs ram -- also about six year old computer :P), but it'll run. Nothing beyond that, that I'm aware of (well, barring the handheld stuff), but even just gamecube and earlier encompasses most of the consoles games in existence.

Though nah space, emulation is usually considerably harder on a system than the actual console, at least until very far into the emulator's lifetime. You tend to need stronger hardware than the original system. Iirc the normal quote is... what 5x the resource requirements starting off, progressively lowering as the code becomes more effective and optimized? Something like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #63659 on: November 18, 2014, 09:23:48 pm »

._.

this thing has graphical issues running Paper Mario

my average flash game runs at like 12 fps

* Tawarochir cries

...yeah you have at least 5 years of crying to catch up on.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:33:12 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 4242 4243 [4244] 4245 4246 ... 11040