Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4156 4157 [4158] 4159 4160 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441754 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #62355 on: November 05, 2014, 10:06:13 am »

I've graded papers before, it is really boring. I can understand why some teachers like to spice it up a bit. It also makes you groan a lot. Like really?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62356 on: November 05, 2014, 10:25:58 am »

Didn't that guy also do research on the heart? Physiologists should stick to one field. It's confusing if they don't!

I also suddenly have a strong urge to take several teaspoons of nutmeg to see what happens.

That was the 19th century. Back then it was much easier to be a generalist than it is now - nowhere near as much collected knowledge to learn and entry level requirements for new fields were relatively low. He was probably an aviation pioneer, bird expert and creating explosives too or something.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62357 on: November 05, 2014, 10:36:04 am »

The spinning Stupidity strikes Iron, in the skull, breaking the brain!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You have no idea how often I have to put up with things like that. I'm probably the only kid at my school who actually knows the order of the months.

You don't understand my life.
It took me ages before I finally figured that out.

Took me even longer to realize spring didn't start in January.
* IronTomato writes some stuff on a clipboard

Well, that's just one thing. The people at my school show their stupids so hard and so often that it's impossible to ignore. Like this wonderful conversation from my geometry class, where we were learning for the tenth time how to bisect an angle.

Teacher: Draw any angle on your paper.

Guy: What kind of angle?

Teacher: It doesn't matter. Any kind of angle.

Guy: Would a right angle work?

Teacher: [getting irritated] Any kind of angle.

Other Guy: Does the size matter?

Teacher: No. Draw ANY ANGLE on your paper.

Things like this happen regularly in my classes. This is why I'm always grumpy when I go on IRC. I never asked for this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62359 on: November 05, 2014, 11:00:25 am »

Wifi is supposedly down for the university all week.  Dont know how Im doing this ::) on my laptop, but I cant even check my email or watch a youtube video.  I had to wait about 10 minutes for another forum to to load so I could steal links.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #62360 on: November 05, 2014, 12:45:44 pm »

And that, my friend, is why you make the teachers like you. If they think you're hard-working, well-behaved, and courteous you can persuade them quite easily that you didn't cheat (or actually almost anything), just in conversation and with judicious use of emotional blackmail (I can be a terrible, terrible person when marks are at stake).

Possibly the worst thing about this is that I used to do it all unconsciously, including the emotional blackmail. I have no idea how I managed it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62361 on: November 05, 2014, 12:51:20 pm »

Pretty much this, yeah. It's all about looking like a good student: A friend of mine - he got the best high school diploma equivalent - once had to answer something in chemistry. He sucked, just like everyone else in the course (except for me, hehe). Then some other guy had to answer - and didn't know what to say either. Despite both of them completely failing, the teacher's reaction was different for each of them - because he knew/believed one was a good student and the other wasn't.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62362 on: November 05, 2014, 12:55:06 pm »

Yeah, you can get away with quite some stuff if the teachers think you're a good, hardworking student.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #62363 on: November 05, 2014, 12:57:52 pm »

Getting to know your teachers and making them like you is definitely a good idea. I recently failed a Social Sciences exam with a new teacher, but I managed to haggle it two grades up by explaining exactly what I meant by my answers. I decided to redo the exam anyway, tailoring my studying and test answers to this particular teacher's interests and grading patterns. 3 grades up from my haggle to a near-perfect one, and I didn't cheat. I simply refocused my efforts.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #62364 on: November 05, 2014, 01:26:00 pm »

January, February, March, April, May, June, July, Octagon, Sashimi

I give up
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62365 on: November 05, 2014, 01:30:26 pm »

What?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #62366 on: November 05, 2014, 01:36:32 pm »

Are you in my science class? I had a kid from the football team who got in a half hour argument about how thermal imaging was 100% different from infrared imaging, because they were two different items in Call of Duty...
And then I had to being in a group with him and two other kids from the football team for the entire year. I basically was the only reason they passed the class, and I refused to even sit at their table. For some reason the teacher marked us together even when we handed in two separate assignments. I assume she burned theirs and only read mine...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62367 on: November 05, 2014, 01:43:06 pm »

I was on IRC at the same time as myself.
What?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62368 on: November 05, 2014, 01:49:58 pm »

That seems to happen sometimes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #62369 on: November 05, 2014, 02:02:12 pm »

I was on IRC at the same time as myself.
I would be more surprised if you weren't, honestly. "I said no such thing, I wasn't even online yesterday; it was my phantom other me!"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 4156 4157 [4158] 4159 4160 ... 11040