Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4083 4084 [4085] 4086 4087 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437109 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #61260 on: October 22, 2014, 05:47:57 pm »

>Duckbunny

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61261 on: October 22, 2014, 05:49:31 pm »

Well at least nobody's ragging on the flumph yet. Intelligent, friendly glowing cave jellyfish don't deserve no hate.

OOTS does use them as a sort of running gag though.
I meant in this thread in particular. And just because OOTS does it, doesn't mean the opinion that they don't belong in D&D/that they're stupid is right. :v
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:13:06 pm by Vorthon »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #61262 on: October 22, 2014, 05:59:15 pm »

I've always found the duckbunny hate to be pretty silly. It's a creature that makes perfect sense in-universe (essentially a common, safe, practice template for wizards that want to make magical crossbreeds), is a nicely strange creature to add a bit of strangeness to the world, and it isn't like there's ever been a shortage of non threatening creatures in the monster manuals.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #61263 on: October 22, 2014, 06:03:49 pm »

I always liked the duckbunny, though as sort of a joke. At one point, the BBEG wizard ran out of spells in a fight with the party, and in a panic threw his duckbunny familiar at them.

They adopted it and named it Ducky.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61265 on: October 22, 2014, 08:45:16 pm »

He's got a point.  Juggalos are nutters.  I knew one or two who actually took money for punches.  You gave them 10$ and they let you kick their ass.

And they are pretty poor, a lot of them.  Conscript them under another name (like Sony does LG, so instead of the US Army they be the Free Juggalos) and give them  carbines.  Just dont leave things for them to steal :P

Also Juggalettes.  Nasty, nasty gals to get on the wrong side of.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61266 on: October 22, 2014, 08:49:18 pm »

TIL Juggalo does not mean female prostitute.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61267 on: October 22, 2014, 09:02:59 pm »

Female Batman is the best bargaining chip, hands down.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #61268 on: October 22, 2014, 10:09:15 pm »

My brain feels so tired frazzled right now that I almost tried to put my keychain in my ear instead of an earbud.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61269 on: October 22, 2014, 10:54:09 pm »

Also, something that worried me today:
I caught myself seriously considering cutting my wrist with a knife. Not because of depression or whatever, but out of some weird curiosity.
I get that every so often.

I think it's just a thing most people have to live with. Like when you stand at the top of a cliff and your brain goes 'You should jump!'

Yeah, same. Although with me, its usually committing mass murder, just to see what happens.

Unrelated WTF: I've started getting French youtube ads after binge-listening to a bunch of French songs. This is so cool.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #61270 on: October 22, 2014, 10:59:45 pm »

So I was reading the new D&D Monster Manual, and I discovered what is quite possibly one of the stupidest monsters I have ever seen. It's called a "rug of smothering". It's an evil rug. Seriously.
You can outfit an entire room with nothing but entries from DnD monster manuals. This includes the floor, walls, roof, and atmosphere.
A little late, but one too many encounters like this is the reason why I know people who will randomly attack walls and furniture upon entering a room, "just in case".
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61271 on: October 22, 2014, 11:05:25 pm »

So I was reading the new D&D Monster Manual, and I discovered what is quite possibly one of the stupidest monsters I have ever seen. It's called a "rug of smothering". It's an evil rug. Seriously.
You can outfit an entire room with nothing but entries from DnD monster manuals. This includes the floor, walls, roof, and atmosphere.
A little late, but one too many encounters like this is the reason why I know people who will randomly attack walls and furniture upon entering a room, "just in case".

Paranoid Player: I attack the wall! Just in case!
DM: Your sword chips and breaks. Because its a WALL. Made of ROCKS.
Paranoid Player: OH GOD IT HAS DAMAGE REDUCTION! FIREBALL IT!
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #61272 on: October 22, 2014, 11:13:54 pm »

So, I realized that my feet look really weird (this isn't the WTF), and tried to see how widely I could open my right foot's toes without using my hands.
Suddenly, it came. This strong pain, right below and to the left of the arch of my foot. It felt like a muscular pain, and wasn't searing but more like you pulled something that wasn't meant to be pulled.
I do this from time to time. It's a form of cramp. Painful, but not harmful insofar as I'm aware. Pushing your foot against a flat surface usually makes it go away.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61273 on: October 22, 2014, 11:15:21 pm »

Wait, a DnD monster can be the atmosphere? I get that it would be a gaseous creature, but to literally be the atmosphere itself?

Not ruling out stuff that can emit toxic vapors of course.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #61274 on: October 22, 2014, 11:19:28 pm »

Shapechange is OP.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 4083 4084 [4085] 4086 4087 ... 11040