Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4067 4068 [4069] 4070 4071 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438969 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #61020 on: October 19, 2014, 09:57:46 am »

office store is going out of business.

I walk inside, all the brands are so off I suspect they bought them jut for their final sale.

Walk out with 100$ worth of goodies for 55.

Next up, they have a nice looking chair, some luggage, a decent shredder for cheap.

---

Even their candy was 30% off!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61021 on: October 19, 2014, 10:49:04 am »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61022 on: October 19, 2014, 10:53:42 am »

wut
My first impression is religion.

Ask an Imam for proof that the Quaran is divine and he will tell you about estuaries.

AFA super -complex knowledge like astronomy, lolol @ them having 'distinct' knowledge of the outer planets.  But its been established we have discovered some of the same things over and over.

And the pyramids, we have theories that account for their building.  Ive never given more than 2 craps about the mystical side of them, but Ive heard some interesting theories about the supernatural nature and position of Christian churches of Norway, too.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:57:41 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61023 on: October 19, 2014, 11:21:43 am »

wut
Hey, I remember that show.
My friends, who were mystic stoners at the time, talked me into watching it. It's all pseudoscience. There are some interesting things, but most of it is miss-interpretation of the evidence.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61024 on: October 19, 2014, 01:11:59 pm »

I have an attic room with one of those slanted roof windows. The cat seems generally interested in it, but today actually jumped up to it. At this point I was kind of powerless to do anything but offer verbal discouragement. Cat didn't because cat. Walked out onto the roof a bit shakily, and walked up a bit. A few seconds later I hear some angry magpie cawing, disorganised scraping noises, and the cat pokes her head over the window mewing plaintively, so I had to lean out and pick her up to get her back inside.
No idea what she did to those birds to be honest. Though she has shown zero interest in climbing out of the window since, so... lesson learned I guess?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61025 on: October 19, 2014, 02:02:29 pm »

Sounds like those guys are taking bad care of their hardware then. Because the 3DS analogue sticks are pretty difficult to break.

And the 2DS has the downside of being really fucking big. Which I guess is part of why they're so durable, but it kind of misses the point of a handheld.

That last bit is kind of a WTF for me, since mine doesn't come across as all that big to met. Hell, it even fits comfortably in my hands.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61026 on: October 19, 2014, 02:06:39 pm »

Sounds like those guys are taking bad care of their hardware then. Because the 3DS analogue sticks are pretty difficult to break.

And the 2DS has the downside of being really fucking big. Which I guess is part of why they're so durable, but it kind of misses the point of a handheld.

That last bit is kind of a WTF for me, since mine doesn't come across as all that big to met. Hell, it even fits comfortably in my hands.
Not that it can't fit in your hand, but it definitely can't really fit in any convenient pocket, since it's doesn't fold up at all.

wut
Annoyingly I'd been watching some Extra Credits earlier, spent a good 30 seconds clicking around various tabs to see if one of them had started playing until I recognised that unadulterated bullshit was spewing from my speakers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #61027 on: October 19, 2014, 02:15:28 pm »

Have you ever caught yourself thinking or talking to yourself in english although it isn't your native language?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61028 on: October 19, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »

Not that it can't fit in your hand, but it definitely can't really fit in any convenient pocket, since it's doesn't fold up at all.
...I don't know what you define as 'convenient' because the pockets on most of my pants are large enough to hold mine, and they're far from inconvenient.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:13:43 pm by Vorthon »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61029 on: October 19, 2014, 02:18:08 pm »

Have you ever caught yourself thinking or talking to yourself in english although it isn't your native language?

Sadly, I have not experienced thinking in a language that I am not proficient with. English is the only language I know. How does it make you feel?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61030 on: October 19, 2014, 02:19:25 pm »

Is your thought process different when thinking in another language?  Ive always imagined it would be
PKs DF Mod!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61031 on: October 19, 2014, 02:20:49 pm »

I never noticed a difference myself.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #61032 on: October 19, 2014, 02:20:57 pm »

I always think in English. I like how logical and modern the language is compared to the archaism of Thai.

I generally don't trust languages where the standard informal word for "I" also means "We"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61033 on: October 19, 2014, 02:21:51 pm »

'English' and 'logical' don't really belong anywhere in the same paragraph.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61034 on: October 19, 2014, 02:22:15 pm »

Who thinks in a language?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 4067 4068 [4069] 4070 4071 ... 11040