Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4017 4018 [4019] 4020 4021 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14572671 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #60270 on: October 09, 2014, 09:49:10 pm »

D'aww! Piiiics!
None of Kennedy at the moment, but here's the model:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The only major differences is that the beams flanking the claw arm aren't actually the right size, and were just bent until they fit. Also, the wiring looks like it was done by a drunk five year old coming off a sugar high.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #60271 on: October 09, 2014, 10:27:41 pm »

I had two girls in my Chemiatry 30 IB course fail an open book quiz, where they had half an hour to answer two questions. And then I had to help them learn chem, because I have a 100% average.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #60272 on: October 09, 2014, 11:12:02 pm »

I had two girls in my Chemiatry 30 IB course fail an open book quiz, where they had half an hour to answer two questions. And then I had to help them learn chem, because I have a 100% average.
Funny thing about open book quizzes is that the grades tend to be lower, at least as far as I've experienced.
Or the teacher is secretly laughing because neither the answer nor anything remotely similar to an answer are in the book.
 :T But yeah, that's really friggin' weird.
Take a closer look at this text!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #60273 on: October 09, 2014, 11:17:46 pm »

We really don't know what angels can and cannot do, as we lack the ability to capture and study them, and Scripture says little about them.
Bolded for emphasis. This came from a rather level-headed and rational theology article, and it's not actually saying anything crazy, but I like how it's phrased to imply that the only reason Bible scholars don't know much for sure about angels is that they don't have the physical capabilities to capture and contain them for study.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #60274 on: October 09, 2014, 11:26:31 pm »

Funny thing about open book quizzes is that the grades tend to be lower, at least as far as I've experienced.
Or the teacher is secretly laughing because neither the answer nor anything remotely similar to an answer are in the book.
 :T But yeah, that's really friggin' weird.
Not just the book. We had everything, including example questions detailing exactly how to do it.

And probably more then two failed, but those two broke down and cried. So yeah.
Don't cry with face paint on! It looks bad!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60275 on: October 09, 2014, 11:59:17 pm »

Deja vu on my science test. Especially the question about how science can't participate in the origins of the moon. Yes, that's the answer by the way. Honestly, I swear I've had this text last year.
Okay I guess I missed this but I need to just clarify really quickly.  The answer, in your text book, to a question about the origin of the moon is that science cannot determine the origin of the moon?

If that's the answer they're trying to push I might have to take whoever wrote that book and duct tape them to the nearest airplane's landing gear.
I think it would be great if all scientists had learned about the scientific method from Iceblaster's textbook.

"We recovered a bullet, could you test it against some of the recovered guns to match it?"
"You know man, maybe we just, like, can't ever know where that bullet came from y'know?"

Oh yeah also the scientists are all stoned off their tits. But I think that was assumed.

Do the words 'Young Earth Creationist' and 'Christian based textbook' help :P

Anyways, yeah. No intent to offend those who do believe in that, because honestly, I could care less how the universe and such started.

The textbook is a book made my a YEC textbook company IIRC, and while it is rather... Alright(?), it still has enough deja vu in parts of it, that I just get a feeling of general WTFery when I read it :P

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #60276 on: October 10, 2014, 12:07:16 am »

Clearly science tells us that God made the moon.

...UNLESS ITS A SATANIC SYMBUL LOOMING OVER US AND TEMPTING US UNTO BLOOD SACRIFICE AND OTHER SIN
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #60277 on: October 10, 2014, 12:19:55 am »

Moon is evil!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I could care less
This is a really minor quibble, but I see this a lot and it's bothering me. You mean "I couldn't care less", as in "I do not care at all".
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:21:53 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60278 on: October 10, 2014, 12:20:52 am »

what if iceblaster actually meant that they could potentially care less about the issue you pedantic donk

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #60279 on: October 10, 2014, 12:22:37 am »

Perhaps he could care less, it's just that he doesn't care enough to care less
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #60280 on: October 10, 2014, 12:23:29 am »

what if iceblaster actually meant that they could potentially care less about the issue you pedantic donk
Then he would correct me, and I would apologise for my misguided pedantry, you adjectival donk :P.

Perhaps he could care less, it's just that he doesn't care enough to care less
That's too meta for me.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60281 on: October 10, 2014, 12:25:13 am »

Eh.

Apologies. I've always used that wording IRL and in between friends. I shall remember that :P

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60282 on: October 10, 2014, 12:28:43 am »

Eh.

Apologies. I've always used that wording IRL and in between friends. I shall remember that :P
See my signature. Even if it's literally the opposite of what you really mean, everyone, even the people who quibble about it, understands exactly what "I could care less" means.

EDIT: Now if you want a weird language mistake, my calculus professor (native English speaker, for the record) conjugates "derive" as a weak verb identically to "drive". We derove this formula. This is deriven from the previous formula.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:33:37 am by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #60284 on: October 10, 2014, 12:34:20 am »

I get that it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. Really, at the most basic level, I'm just a pedantic arsehole. I try to be reasonable and polite about it, though.

This department store is apparently older than my country.
And it makes NZ look like a little babby.
Pages: 1 ... 4017 4018 [4019] 4020 4021 ... 11040