Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3996 3997 [3998] 3999 4000 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14409287 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #59955 on: October 05, 2014, 05:05:08 am »

Wow, those are some good spoilers.

But yeah, he reaches Suzaku Kururugi levels of obsessiveness and channels it all into hatred and bloodlust. I mean, granted, he has an absolute boatload of issues (Daddy abandonment and has creepy flashbacks of father using him as an experimental guinea pig? Two for one! Saw mom get munched on by the existential threat that's all but destroyed humanity? Check! Made one of your best friends when she and you stabbed some slaving fucks to death when you were kids? Check! Already be a sorta obsessive self-centered twerk? Check!), but understanding doesn't necessarily breed sympathy.

That said, I'm looking forward to a scene that will never happen where Eren's father shows up wearing orange sunglasses at a crucial moment and says, "Get in the fucking titan, Eren." :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #59956 on: October 05, 2014, 05:12:41 am »

"Just who the hell do you think I am?!" - Grisha Yeager

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59957 on: October 05, 2014, 05:20:28 am »

But Eran suffers from a psychological disorder called Borderline Personality Disorder. It's a real problem! He needs help!
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59958 on: October 05, 2014, 08:39:32 am »

DoD sponsered children's camps >.<

'this certifies that "[redacted] 'skittles-burst' [redacted]" has completed the DoD Starbase.

made me initially do a double take.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59959 on: October 05, 2014, 08:47:27 am »

I keep having just single hiccoughs. Normally when you get one it's like a fit of them, but not recently. Just one. Then a dread at having to endure the rest of the hiccoughs, but they never come.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #59960 on: October 05, 2014, 10:38:40 am »

"Just who the hell do you think I am?!" - Grisha Yeager V

FTFY
Take a closer look at this text!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59961 on: October 05, 2014, 11:22:54 am »

I just finished Metal Gear Solid 2, in my quest to beat all the main games (essentially all those in the Legacy Edition) before 5 comes out on PC. That story.... took a strange turn somewhere. Through the first game, and half of the second all I could think was "what are people talking about? It's a fairly standard SpecOps story, I've read tonnes of books like it (I have a secret love for Clancy and Ludlum)." But now, I just, what? I had to read the wiki to figure out parts of it, and it still gives me a bit of a nose bleed if I think to hard (the "mental strain" nosebleed, not the anime "holy crap I'm horny" nosebleed).

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59962 on: October 05, 2014, 11:36:09 am »

I just finished Metal Gear Solid 2, in my quest to beat all the main games (essentially all those in the Legacy Edition) before 5 comes out on PC. That story.... took a strange turn somewhere. Through the first game, and half of the second all I could think was "what are people talking about? It's a fairly standard SpecOps story, I've read tonnes of books like it (I have a secret love for Clancy and Ludlum)." But now, I just, what? I had to read the wiki to figure out parts of it, and it still gives me a bit of a nose bleed if I think to hard (the "mental strain" nosebleed, not the anime "holy crap I'm horny" nosebleed).
MGS story is anime meets spec ops.  Dont ask, cuz they wont tell.

You cant take a story about how the military elite of the world worships a dead guy and blows up multi-billion dollar facilities for the sake of vague simulation too seriously.  At least, no more seriously than a story about torturing squads of hot women into climbing on ceilings and riding in panther mechs.

It becomes easier if you just accept they will retcon the laws of nature if they get the urge to.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59963 on: October 05, 2014, 11:43:45 am »

Kojima can only get off when he's expositing a lengthy story.

You're welcome for having all of your confusion solved.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59964 on: October 05, 2014, 01:03:26 pm »

Apparently when my virus scan is running it resets all my computer settings back to default for the length of the scan.

It is incredibly awkward to use the trackpad right now.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59965 on: October 05, 2014, 01:25:46 pm »

I think this sais enough....

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #59966 on: October 05, 2014, 01:30:13 pm »

So, I'm working on my computer, trying to fix my speakers, while my sister is doing something school-related. I mutter something about my speakers, and my mom tells me to get out, because my sister needs to focus. I'm a bit miffed, because they'll never leave me alone, not even when I'm doing calculus and they're quite literally talking loud enough to give me a fucking headache. Nevertheless, I leave, and go sit in a recliner in the next room. I try and converse with my little brother, who is shortly told by my mother that he has to do some math too. She then orders me out of this room, too. I ask (quite mildly) why I need to, because he can just go and do it in the same room as my sister.

She flys off the fucking handle  at me. She starts screaming about how I NEED TO GO OUTSIDE OR UPSTAIRS NOW!!!!! I shrug, and start putting on my shoes. This makes her scream even louder, which makes me just start laughing at the irony of the situation. She wants my siblings to have peace and quiet, so she's screaming at the top of her fucking lungs at me.

Anyhoo, she calls me a psychopath(no joke) for laughing at that. As I'm going upstairs, she screams after me that I won't be going with the family to my grandmother's seventieth birthday party. Yeah, she's that unhinged.

She still can't hold a candle to BlackFlyme's mom, though.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59967 on: October 05, 2014, 02:06:26 pm »

One of our customers apparantly can't tell the difference between mold and grill marks on a burger.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59968 on: October 05, 2014, 02:16:49 pm »

I'm going to assume that they thought the mold on the burger was in fact just some grill marks.

Much funnier that way.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59969 on: October 05, 2014, 02:56:01 pm »

I'm imagining it the other way around.
"Are these GRILL MARKS on my burger!? I asked for MOLD! Go and get me another one! WITH ACTUAL MOLD THIS TIME!"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 3996 3997 [3998] 3999 4000 ... 11038