Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3912 3913 [3914] 3915 3916 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14423095 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #58695 on: September 20, 2014, 08:21:46 pm »

Take it to the thread.

Lord knows that thread has been going on for months with the same five people talking, they need some new blood.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #58696 on: September 20, 2014, 08:25:51 pm »

Point is that the new thread mysteriously CEASED TO EXIST

No lock

No nuthin'
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58697 on: September 20, 2014, 08:27:18 pm »

Perhaps Toady is tired of people making threads that he will inevitably have to lock anyway?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #58698 on: September 20, 2014, 08:29:07 pm »

Wait, what thread? The Anita Sarkeesian thread is still there. Toady hasn't nuked it yet.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58699 on: September 20, 2014, 08:30:06 pm »

UGH!!! Feminism talking about Feminism is painful to watch >_<

Just reading that makes me think that ALL feminism hates all other forms of feminism and they are all in some sort of huge Feminist Mortal Kombat.

Which come to think of it makes me a moron because it isn't like Liberalism goes "Conservatives and us are all really on the same side, what people should do is take both our sides into consideration and chose what they think is the best course for the country. We of course believe that our beliefs are correct" NO! They go "Conservatives are EVIL!"

Wait, what thread? The Anita Sarkeesian thread is still there. Toady hasn't nuked it yet.

Yeah, and that topic has gone EVERYWHERE!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:31:38 pm by Neonivek »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58700 on: September 20, 2014, 08:38:49 pm »

It showed up earlier today and doesn't seem to exist anymore. #GamerGate or something along those lines.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #58701 on: September 20, 2014, 08:40:59 pm »

Sounds like Toady took some pre-emptive measures. Can't say I blame him, if that's what happened.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58702 on: September 20, 2014, 08:47:26 pm »

That and I am somewhat suspicious that all those people are the same person >_>

Though what makes me smile is on another site someone is probably talking about how they got to Toady too :P

And that is all I'll say on that topic.

----

In other news...

So I saw a cute kitty sleeping outside in a bookcase :P it was soo cute!

But what the heck was a book case doing outside? What? was it there for the outdoor cat?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:49:41 pm by Neonivek »

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58703 on: September 20, 2014, 08:49:47 pm »

It's kind of ridiculous that every thread about this mess gets shut down, one way or another. Can't we act like adults, without slinging shit at each other?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58704 on: September 20, 2014, 08:56:22 pm »

Most folks involved did. Problem with the first set that basically poisoned the waters is the OP wasn't acting in good faith, which made the subsequent crashing and burning entirely understandable. And this latest one had an escaped lunatic (of four months, but still) with like a two-line starting post. Which lead people, again understandable, to assume it was going to happen again.

Thread with a decent maker and sensibly defined guidelines and whatnot might do alright. It's also pretty likely to draw in more of the rabid idiots surrounding the subject from outside the forum, though, which is probably reason enough to just squelch the subject. Not really worth the trouble.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #58705 on: September 20, 2014, 08:57:08 pm »

It's kind of ridiculous that every thread about this mess gets shut down, one way or another. Can't we act like adults, without slinging shit at each other?
How dare you insinuate that I'm acting childish! Ad hominem! :P

But really all it takes is one person who holds an unpopular opinion and doesn't know when to quit (or two people on opposite sides) to get a thread nuked, as long as others chip in occasionally to make it seem like it's everyone losing their cool.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #58706 on: September 20, 2014, 09:00:10 pm »

Don't forget the strawmen. We can't have a proper debate without going all Nazi on the strawmen.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #58707 on: September 20, 2014, 09:01:07 pm »

UGH!!! Feminism talking about Feminism is painful to watch >_<

Just reading that makes me think that ALL feminism hates all other forms of feminism and they are all in some sort of huge Feminist Mortal Kombat.

Which come to think of it makes me a moron because it isn't like Liberalism goes "Conservatives and us are all really on the same side, what people should do is take both our sides into consideration and chose what they think is the best course for the country. We of course believe that our beliefs are correct" NO! They go "Conservatives are EVIL!"

Yeah, and that topic has gone EVERYWHERE!

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #58708 on: September 20, 2014, 09:05:44 pm »

Don't forget the strawmen. We can't have a proper debate without going all Nazi on the strawmen.
Well, we already have Godwin's law out of the way.
With all the genocide that goes on in the upper boards, Bay12 and Godwin's law are pretty much best buddies.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58709 on: September 20, 2014, 09:08:08 pm »

Godwin's Second Law: Whoever invokes Godwin's Law in an argument loses the argument.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 3912 3913 [3914] 3915 3916 ... 11039