Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448468 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #5805 on: February 28, 2012, 12:59:53 pm »

Pretty much that.
*Hugs*

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: February 28, 2012, 01:25:12 pm »

Happy Wheels - Toribash Edition?

Just tried that game. It makes me giggle. Especially that balcony terror thing.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:39:43 pm by Vorthon »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5807 on: February 28, 2012, 01:51:34 pm »

Anonymous has put out an open call for revolution via destruction of the current U.S. government.

Top comment on youtube: "Anonymous: We will engage in war by sitting behind our computers safe in our basements."

Every time someone doesn't understand what Anonymous is, I cry inside.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: February 28, 2012, 01:57:06 pm »

Anonymous has put out an open call for revolution via destruction of the current U.S. government.

Top comment on youtube: "Anonymous: We will engage in war by sitting behind our computers safe in our basements."

Every time someone doesn't understand what Anonymous is, I cry inside.

What, a bunch of pissed off pseudo-"Anarchist" neckbeards who think they'll get anywhere by electronically-pestering anyone who doesn't agree with them, using the collective name of Anonymous without actually having any structure or organization whatsoever?

I'm all for serious change but Anonymous is an absolute joke.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5809 on: February 28, 2012, 01:58:57 pm »

What, a bunch of pissed off pseudo-"Anarchist" neckbeards who think they'll get anywhere by electronically-pestering anyone who doesn't agree with them, using the collective name of Anonymous without actually having any structure or organization whatsoever?

I'm all for serious change but Anonymous is an absolute joke.

:'(

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: February 28, 2012, 02:00:46 pm »

(bigoted remarks removed)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:41:22 pm by Toady One »
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: February 28, 2012, 02:06:30 pm »

Anonymous above all seems to be pathologically prone to overestimate its own influence.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: February 28, 2012, 02:12:07 pm »

Anonymous above all seems to be pathologically prone to overestimate its own influence.

What they don't realize is meaningless demonstrations are, well, meaningless. We're in America, the land where picketing and petitions don't count for jack shit.

Pissing everyone off by hacking their websites does absolutely nothing because it leaves the target audience afraid or harmed - the people. If you're not fighting for someone, you're fighting for money or influence. Anon has none of these. Hell, everyone I've met that claims to be a part of Anon is a sociopathic dirtbag using the 'fight for equality' and such things as an excuse to wage cyberwarfare and fondle their anarchistic ego.

You want anarchy? Lets fucking raise some anarchy, but don't give me that bullshit while you sit at your parent's house online because Mommy didn't buy you a new xbox on your birthday.

The people make change. Anon just makes waves that eventually come back to bite us in the ass.

The more idiots like Anon cause chaos, the more the government can sanction us and control the internet.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to know that's a significant part of it, because Anon's plans and designs show an utter disregard for scope, logic,  target audience, and mission. Mostly, its just pissy teenagers causing trouble because they're angsty and hate the system.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: February 28, 2012, 02:43:11 pm »

Anon isn't the idiots, its the idiots in Anon causing problems for us and Anonymous, along with people not securing their stuff properly. DDOS aside (since that only proves as much as a protester sitting in the middle of the road and hoping no one runs over them and their array of picket signs I'd say), how many times have they been able to use the same kind of attack, and how many sites have actually bothered to fix that bit after all this? Either many have quietly, or none at all have bothered to as far as I can tell from news and such.
If you're shown an easily used (not LOIC kind of easy, but relatively easy to who in Anonymous and elsewhere actually does this) flaw in a part of your site that can be fixed with seemingly not that much alteration according to the above link, then it its not entirely their fault for being able to do the same thing they did before on a different place. MAke it harder to take down a place without DDOS, and the attackers will either give up or become better at attacking, and the 'kids whining online' section of anon seems far more likely to do the former without a simple option.

Its like what happens in my class: If you forget to logoff at the end of the day and the computers aren't restarted that night, your desktop will most likely get trolled by the odd day class, and then you get logged off so they can login. So after the first time, you fix your desktop background, pull the icons back out of My Documents, and unless you purposefully don't logoff or truely did not remember to despite sitting near it for most of the day, it doesn't happen again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #5814 on: February 28, 2012, 03:22:00 pm »

I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: February 28, 2012, 03:22:36 pm »

Happy Wheels - Toribash Edition?
"...And he crushed Batman's head in between his thighs."
This was the think that I had.

Also, steam is telling me a bunch of people are offline. While I'm recieving messages from them.
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: February 28, 2012, 03:23:51 pm »

They may be talking to you, but perhaps they are just not all there iykwim.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5817 on: February 28, 2012, 03:43:59 pm »

I see many people claiming Anon status

I remember when Anonymous seemed like it actually had any sense, before all the little faggots started doing this and that under the guise of 'Anon'. That's the issue with anonymity though, you'll undoubtedly have others doing what they wish under your name.

There is no name, Anonymity is a collective thing. If you have people doing things claiming to do it under a name with no name, they are not anonymous.

This is not anonymous :'(

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: February 28, 2012, 03:55:14 pm »

A bench warrant is an arrest warrant issued by a judge, often because you didn't show up for your court date or otherwise didn't exactly do a court obligation....

Guy calls and wants to know "How do I beat this?" He got arrested for something (screwed up his bail hearing representing himself and had to get a bond). Never showed.... I explain what it is to him and that basically he might wanna come and talk about a voluntary surrender to the police so he can explain himself and say if it was a misunderstanding/apologize/ etc. That way we can work something out and if it was an honest mistake, then maybe the whole warrant thing can be worked out. Also we can look at the criminal charge behind it.

He gets pissed. Apparently this sounds terrible and I should basically just poof the arrest warrant away without ever having him deal with anything....  WTF? How do you expect that to happen? What, the police are just gonna forget or something? This particular guy has got two choices, run (stupid, cause eventually he'll get pulled over for something), or face up to it in the best way possible. [sigh] One of these ways makes him a fugitive; the other lets me try for a plea deal or a defense against the alleged crime. From what I hear, he might have a shot at a decent trial defense.

People act like I'm trying to burn them here.... WTF?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5819 on: February 28, 2012, 04:06:39 pm »

I remember when Anonymous seemed like it actually had any sense, before all the little faggots started doing this and that under the guise of 'Anon'. That's the issue with anonymity though, you'll undoubtedly have others doing what they wish under your name.

I don't think you have any real grasp over what Anonymous is. It isn't a discrete group with goals and a heirarchy. Any time people act en masse and with anonymity, they are Anonymous. The popularization of it is annoying, but doesn't really change the nature of the beast itself.

Also, people using 'faggot' unironically make me go WTF.
Also known as Zuhayr.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 11040