Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3861 3862 [3863] 3864 3865 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14428870 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57930 on: September 07, 2014, 05:04:34 pm »

We're not talking about the land-mass, Tir-tir. The countries.

For example: Fucking Siberia.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57931 on: September 07, 2014, 05:07:13 pm »

Clearly this is some alternate universe newspaper where whatever happened in some fella's EU4 game became historical fact

Looking at the world map, I'd actually hazard a guess that that's what the lazy image-googler used.

That, or a historical map.
I believe that's what you call a conformal map.

Basically 2 kinds o' maps :D
Depicting the accurate sizes of objects on the map, or depicting accurate shapes of these objects. The challenge is that you cannot have both ['correct' maps we commonly see nowadays are hybrids, both conformal and equivalent [equidistant] maps]. The more accurately you depict shape, the less accurate will be your depiction of size, and vice versa.

Dat Australia. So big.

PS: Historical map == most likely conformal. :P

North and South America look like they're divided by native american regional groups, not historical countries. Apart from the Aztec area and the Mayan territories, and a lazily drawn Inca Empire.

We're not talking about the land-mass, Tir-tir. The countries.

For example: Fucking Siberia.

And example all of Africa. I don't see the Mali or Songhai empire in there.

Edit: Actially, I think they might be, but those states in there are all 19th century onwards.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:08:49 pm by smjjames »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #57932 on: September 07, 2014, 05:08:34 pm »

oops  :-[
Huh, now that you point it o-
Oh wow Lithuania.

North and South America look like they're divided by native american regional groups, not historical countries. Apart from the Aztec area and the Mayan territories, and a lazily drawn Inca Empire.
But...there is no America in the pic.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57933 on: September 07, 2014, 05:19:12 pm »

Somehow if we use the schwa symbol as a letter our language will evolve, our problems will be solved, and we will free our minds from The Maaan's bondage

At least that's what I got. Does anyone else have a better idea of what this weird hippie's message is supposed to be?

EDIT: Oh lawdji, dat alternate universe map. Evidently our middle-school geography curricula are slipping pretty far...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:21:38 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #57934 on: September 07, 2014, 05:19:23 pm »

what happen

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57935 on: September 07, 2014, 05:22:01 pm »

Somehow if we use the schwa symbol as a letter our language will evolve, our problems will be solved, and we will free our minds from The Maaan's bondage

At least that's what I got. Does anyone else have a better idea of what this weird hippie's message is supposed to be?

Oh FFS, the youtube captions are off the bottom of the thing, how does that happen?...... Not that youtube captions are worth shit anyway.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57936 on: September 07, 2014, 05:30:14 pm »

My mother has been teaching her friends 'magic' again.  The exact nature of her teaching is unknown to me, but she knows I don't much believe that it is 'magic' over psychological tricks.  Not that I'm not willing to learn what she believes, but she is rather unwilling to sit down and lay it out.

meh.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57937 on: September 07, 2014, 05:32:09 pm »

My mum is watching "God's Not Dead."

whatthefuckingfuckfuckamIwatching?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #57938 on: September 07, 2014, 05:32:57 pm »

Don't worry. Just because he's not dead doesn't mean he doesn't want you dead.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57939 on: September 07, 2014, 05:43:12 pm »

Relevant:
So I had time to waste and decided to start watching "God is not dead," on the basis that I remembered seeing a poster for it; each one seemed absolutely designed to build a platonic urge within me to slap Nietzsche all over the place like so:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

God damn it movie, I had hope. I guess I'll just stick with my reckless infidel ways. This movie could learn a lot from the Book of Eli about how to do a religious film right; it says something about your film when a movie that has Kung-Fu action black Jesus fighting chainsaw fat man in a tunnel is more subtle, less preachy and respectful to its audience's brains with its message than your film about a college debate. Seriously though, go watch the Book of Eli. It's a much better film. And its soundtrack is sexy.

The greatest sin of "God is not dead" is wasted potential.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57940 on: September 07, 2014, 05:46:45 pm »

Have watched it m'self.
Strawman professor is the worst strawman I've seen.
And then an eagle called "small government" perched on the flag pole and everyone said the pledge of allegiance three times.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #57941 on: September 07, 2014, 05:50:00 pm »

No Portugal, the GDR exists, Austria's gotten fat...

Where's that from?
Some university newspaper from Oklahoma.

Here's the full map, apparently the newspaper staff found it on Google Image Search and thought it was the real map of the world.
Why are Honduras and Nicaragua melded together? What is that Costa Rica/Panama/Colombia monstrosity? Why did Guatemala conquer Mexico and Belize?
http://universalminibuilders.wikia.com/wiki/File:EOEP_World_Map_2_Black_And_White.png
found it
It's FEF, not FEOF

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57942 on: September 07, 2014, 05:54:44 pm »

They stole from a fucking ROBLOX FANSITE?
My sides are experiencing relativistic effects right now, oh wow.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57943 on: September 07, 2014, 06:03:55 pm »

Honestly though, I have sat through films which were nothing short of hateful. Films that spewed racist vitriol at me, clung onto every marxist tenet with sycophantic disgust, extolled trashy nothings into my ears with wanton abandon and even films that were just boring. But I have managed to sit through many of them, even with just academic interest at the very least, as even bad films are interesting in why they are bad. I have even sat through bad films just to prove with masochistic relish that I could watch this trash and still emerge with a head full of unpulled hair.

Not this film. It's just awkwardly bad, painfully so. I could not finish watching this one. I kept thinking the movie was viewing the last delirious dreams of a dying man who did not realize he had been hit by a car prior to the movie, so a merciful deity gave him this last picture to give his life meaning before his soul was devoured by the Lord of Change. And I felt like I was another man who prior to viewing the movie had been hit by a car and was stuck in Limbo, watching this film as the almighty judges decided whether my heart weighed heavier than my crimes and whether I would be sent to hell where every single day someone would try to sell me every single religion I'm not a part of for all eternity whilst the collegiate professor keeps trying to go full Dawkins on every lesson and I just want to do some fucking education but I can't because there is not God but that is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may - the critics, the viscous, sensitive, audacious commenters that feast on the religious and the irreligious... Why shouldn’t I watch this film as a Loud Whispers whispers such forbidden things? ... The war ate my Grisha5, damn them all... And the Yanks ate Pathos with flames and burnt these fucking mosquitoes and the secret... No, no, I tell you, I am not that daemon swineherd in the twilit grotto! It was not that pure protagonist of a’ flat face on that self-righteous, Mary-Sue thing! Who says I am a madman? He says God lives, but my God died!... Shall an Eli hold the lands of a Nietzsche?... It’s sacrilege, I tell you... That tenured professor... Curse you, Wheaton, I’ll teach you to faint at what my kind do!... ’Sblood, thou stinkard, I’ll learn ye how to flame... Wolde ye swynke me thilke wys?... Ipsum Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Ipsum!... Atys... Dia ad aghaidh ’s ad aodann... agus bas dunach ort! Dhonas ’s dholas ort, agus leat-sa!... Ungl... ungl... rrrlh... chchch.....

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57944 on: September 07, 2014, 06:15:46 pm »

Uh... LW is probably okay.
Pages: 1 ... 3861 3862 [3863] 3864 3865 ... 11039