Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3852 3853 [3854] 3855 3856 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433217 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57795 on: September 05, 2014, 07:27:34 pm »

Boy do i love Redundant RAS Acronym Syndrome
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57796 on: September 05, 2014, 09:07:20 pm »

Maybe it's Southwest? That doesn't explain South Southwest Wing, though. Maybe that's the music festival?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57797 on: September 05, 2014, 09:17:40 pm »

I'm playing the Mega Man X collection for the PS2.

So far, it's exactly what I wanted. I bought it so I could play X4, X5 and X6, and it does that very well. They're not perfect games, but they're still a ton of fun for me to play. And there's six of them.

But there's one thing I can't stop thinking about. X and Zero say "damn" a lot in these games, as it turns out. In fact, there's also a "damn" in the prologue of X1 that wasn't in the original SNES version. There's also a cutscene in the beginning of X4 where Zero's hands are covered in blood. However, the game is still rated E for Everyone, and the rating thing on the back doesn't even seem to acknowledge the mild language. In other words, it doesn't give a damn about damn.

Why not, though? Isn't mild language and mild blood worthy of an E10+ rating?

The ESRB confuses me sometimes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57798 on: September 05, 2014, 09:18:33 pm »

Actually, those are also sub-sub-cardinal directions. Just as Southwest is midway between South and West, South-Southwest is midway between South and Southwest.

Of course I think in this case it's just the department of redundancy department working hard at their hard work.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #57799 on: September 05, 2014, 09:22:43 pm »

-damnsnipdamn-
I heard that the developers of Shadow the Hedgehog were worse-- apparently, approximately a half-dozen mild swears basically punctuate every sentence.

Personal WTF: My semi-inebriated mother just randomly started singing, heavily off-key.

It is terrifying.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57800 on: September 05, 2014, 09:25:39 pm »

If someone bursting into song terrifies you, you must be pretty highly-strung...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #57801 on: September 05, 2014, 09:26:38 pm »

If someone bursting into song terrifies you, you must be pretty highly-strung...

Off key, man.

Off key.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #57802 on: September 05, 2014, 09:27:24 pm »

I don't even know what song it was.

It also kinda sounded like a reference to an obscure romantic comedy or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57803 on: September 06, 2014, 02:25:39 am »

I woke up with Dune on the floor next to my bed instead of on top of the pile of books on my nightstand with a library receipt marking the page. The WTF is double: 1) I very much remember putting it back. 2) Apparently the first week of school made me tired enough to fall asleep while reading.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #57804 on: September 06, 2014, 02:51:50 am »

I'm playing the Mega Man X collection for the PS2.

So far, it's exactly what I wanted. I bought it so I could play X4, X5 and X6, and it does that very well. They're not perfect games, but they're still a ton of fun for me to play. And there's six of them.

But there's one thing I can't stop thinking about. X and Zero say "damn" a lot in these games, as it turns out. In fact, there's also a "damn" in the prologue of X1 that wasn't in the original SNES version. There's also a cutscene in the beginning of X4 where Zero's hands are covered in blood. However, the game is still rated E for Everyone, and the rating thing on the back doesn't even seem to acknowledge the mild language. In other words, it doesn't give a damn about damn.

Why not, though? Isn't mild language and mild blood worthy of an E10+ rating?

The ESRB confuses me sometimes.

E10+ was introduced partway through that generation; its first game was Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, released March 14, 2005 in the US.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57805 on: September 06, 2014, 06:04:18 am »

I smell really bad. I was gonna take a shower before heading out again but then I'd be late for the thing I want to go to.
Time to douse myself in deodorant! :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #57806 on: September 06, 2014, 06:47:17 am »

I smell really bad. I was gonna take a shower before heading out again but then I'd be late for the thing I want to go to.
Time to douse myself in deodorant! :))

Oh, dammit, that reminded me.

Turns out, I've been flooding my neighbour downstairs since my landlords didn't change the grout in the bathroom after it crumbled in places.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #57807 on: September 06, 2014, 07:39:34 am »

I have been finding Chick tracts (those batshit Evangelical comics, i.e. Dark Dungeons) printed out, neatly folded and stapled, on the shelves in Walmart. It could be coincidence that I've found two so far, but I have the feeling somebody is intentionally leaving them for people to find and read. I don't know why I didn't grab them, but if I see another I will.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:41:08 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57808 on: September 06, 2014, 07:44:03 am »

I'm always tempted to make some anti-tracts whenever I see those.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #57809 on: September 06, 2014, 07:56:45 am »

I have been finding Chick tracts (those batshit Evangelical comics, i.e. Dark Dungeons) printed out, neatly folded and stapled, on the shelves in Walmart. It could be coincidence that I've found two so far, but I have the feeling somebody is intentionally leaving them for people to find and read. I don't know why I didn't grab them, but if I see another I will.

You know, amazing that you should mention this right now. I've just bought Dark Dungeons the movie and I'm getting it right now. From what I heard, it's gloriously deadpan about the... well, the nutty source material (i.e. they show role-players as being, like, unironically coolest people on campus with hundreds of people showing up on a RPG night/rave/Satanic ritual).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 3852 3853 [3854] 3855 3856 ... 11039