Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3817 3818 [3819] 3820 3821 ... 11002

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13645089 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57270 on: August 30, 2014, 10:40:30 pm »

yeah, in a week people will say it was a false flag to get the thread locked vOv

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #57271 on: August 30, 2014, 11:17:46 pm »

yeah, in a week people will say it was a false flag to get the thread locked vOv
The same people?
Though given the attitude, its very doubtful that one would go to those measures after seeing the consequence of the actions...
You silly. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57272 on: August 31, 2014, 01:20:15 am »

I think I've come to the conclusion...

For any artsy game I ever look at...

I am going to use "The Void" as the measure.

Why do artsy games have to suck so much for no reason? The vast majority of them are just trying to be as obtuse, annoying, and unsatisfying as possible AS THE POINT.

I did a artsy game binge and honesty at a certain point I just got so fed up. "Ohh look, the girl I was chasing the entire game actually hated me the whole time and I am the monster, wow... you turned my entire outlook upside down" *Sarcasm*... "Yep, Free will sure is an illusion as you taught me by having the game become unplayable after the first death... This sure was a satisfying experience I am having playing a really terrible game with a simple message". There were like... 2 I did like (One was unsatisfying but fulfilling if that makes sense.)

I'll just put it like this game makers... If I play your game and I could have had a more worthwhile experience READING your "message" you failed...

The WTF is that... I don't get it...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:29:30 am by Neonivek »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #57273 on: August 31, 2014, 01:32:20 am »

Artsy games are like anything else. For every lasting, memorable artist or designer or whatever, there were a hundred more who did the same thing, but they sucked at it. And twenty years in the future, people will remember the good games, and the crap ones will be forgotten.
Sadly, the screening process known as Time hasn't had time (harharhar) to make people forget the crap games yet, so they float around in the pool like an oil slick.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57274 on: August 31, 2014, 01:35:17 am »

There are soo many artsy games but they are almost all terrible!

If "Artsy" was a genre... I'd outright say it is the Romantic Comedy Genre of Videogames.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57275 on: August 31, 2014, 01:40:19 am »

Honestly, I don't really care weather or not the girl turns out to hate me in the end.

The time travel puzzle mechanics are fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57276 on: August 31, 2014, 01:42:06 am »

Honestly, I don't really care weather or not the girl turns out to hate me in the end.

Funny you should have said that.

It wasn't the game I was talking about. It was a much worse game about shadows and light.

And I don't count the game you are referring to as an artsy game anyway because the story is on the side... and while an artsy game can in fact have dimensions to it... that is just it. Also oddly enough the game kind of falls in on itself if you give it any real thought.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:45:17 am by Neonivek »

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57277 on: August 31, 2014, 01:44:09 am »

My cat just sniped an insect off my arm. Completely out of the shadows, just lunched forward and chomped it. Which is surprising, since she is far from a trained hunter. Scared the minor shit out of me too.

edit: where are all these bugs coming from

2xedit: send help
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:49:34 am by acetech09 »
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #57278 on: August 31, 2014, 04:23:34 am »

This is the second night in a row where I'm going to bed at like...530am

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57279 on: August 31, 2014, 05:21:25 am »

Which is surprising, since she is far from a trained hunter.
The thing that some people seem to forget, sometimes, is that there is no such thing as a cat that isn't a psychotic murderbeast. Even the ones that are declawed are fairly capable of killing things. Seriously, they're basically hardwired killers, one and all. They don't need training, they just need functioning lungs.

There are soo many games but they are almost all terrible!
There we go. Statement made accurate. Don't think I've noticed art games being particularly prolific or notably outside the curve in regards to the junk:playable ratio. Maybe they're just easier to notice?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57280 on: August 31, 2014, 05:24:45 am »

There are soo many games but they are almost all terrible!
There we go. Statement made accurate. Don't think I've noticed art games being particularly prolific or notably outside the curve in regards to the junk:playable ratio. Maybe they're just easier to notice?
Probably because when a game is shit people normally just blank it out and forget about it. But with art games people defend it with "But it's art so it's okay."
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57281 on: August 31, 2014, 05:35:23 am »

Mm. Yeah, I've actually seen (though, fortunately, not played much) a few games that made terrible games but pretty decent art. Hell, most of the decent VNs or adventure/point&click games would fit in that description fairly well, even outside the nominal "art game" designator. Not so much "so it's okay" as "this game can be evaluated under a different set of standards", which I guess is what makes it an art game? Dissonance involved in holding something to two, possibly contradicting, sets of heuristics regarding quality would definitely make art games more memorable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57282 on: August 31, 2014, 08:29:22 am »

I have never understood art games, which I guess is odd because I like pretty much all forms of art, I just take games really seriously.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57283 on: August 31, 2014, 10:58:27 am »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57284 on: August 31, 2014, 11:20:21 am »

I have no idea what's going on.

I only seem to be able to do things on my browser(Firefox). I can't do anything with my toolbar; I can't go to different windows or anything. About 5 minutes earlier, I could only mess with things on my desktop and I couldn't touch any windows or the toolbar.

WTF computer?
Pages: 1 ... 3817 3818 [3819] 3820 3821 ... 11002