Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3723 3724 [3725] 3726 3727 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490797 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #55860 on: August 08, 2014, 08:45:21 pm »

Ever got that urge to cut off your left arm?
I have that urge right now.
Also, Cmega you be so crazy.
You're supposed to those weird fake drink-candy things that are sour in tiny wax bottles and chew on the wax.  :P
Take a closer look at this text!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #55861 on: August 08, 2014, 08:46:21 pm »

Heh. Cut off my arm? No. Jump off a cliff?

Scarily, yes.

*Shudders*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55862 on: August 08, 2014, 08:46:46 pm »

Ever got that urge to cut off your left arm?
Once in a while. It's been pins-and-needles tingly for the past 6 1/2 years, fingertips to shoulder, and no one knows why, even after fairly extensive testing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55863 on: August 08, 2014, 08:49:13 pm »

*Bows before the Epic One*

Truly, thou art invincible, Goddess of the Universe!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55864 on: August 08, 2014, 08:50:58 pm »

:o

Why would you?  :-\

In a similarly related thing to MZ and Lyeos's, one of my friends has trouble feeling her two rightmost fingers and part of her right hand.

She can really only feel cold and sharpness there. She doesn't want to test if she can feel heat. So yeah. :o

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55865 on: August 08, 2014, 08:54:32 pm »

The weird thing about the whole ordeal is that nothing seems to be wrong with my arm. I can feel pressure and pain, all normal sensations, temperatures, textures, etc. I haven't lost any typing speed, fine motor control, or grip power. The arm isn't cold like it's getting poor circulation, and I was tested for nerve damage. It's just...tingly. All the way to the bone. All the time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55866 on: August 08, 2014, 08:55:40 pm »

That would be all kinds of annoying.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55867 on: August 08, 2014, 08:56:48 pm »

Huh. That's so strange...

Alien infection that disconnected your arm's nerves from your body and has taken over control of it but wants to remain incognito and as such it obeys the impulses that you send its way?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55868 on: August 08, 2014, 08:56:55 pm »

That would be all kinds of annoying.
You get used to it after a while, apparently. Oh, and to top things off, if I cut off the circulation to the arm (by laying on it or whatever,) it gets worse. My arm can be double-asleep.

Huh. That's so strange...

Alien infection that disconnected your arm's nerves from your body and has taken over control of it but wants to remain incognito and as such it obeys the impulses that you send its way?
As long as it agrees to punch my enemies, we should be cool.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #55869 on: August 08, 2014, 08:57:52 pm »

I had another "why is there a subreddit for that? Never mind, of course there is a subreddit for that." moment.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55870 on: August 08, 2014, 09:32:59 pm »

Watching a baseball game. The feed is Japanese, although the actual video and announcers are from Seattle. The commercials are fucking weird. O_o

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55871 on: August 08, 2014, 09:53:42 pm »

The Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club thread on the ksp forums just erupted in all out war for no reason.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55872 on: August 09, 2014, 01:57:43 am »

WHY does steam think that a few games are always doing their first startup? You must have installed the microsoft .NET framework fifty times by now you damn thing!
I'm sure there's a way to stop that, but I can't remember exactly what it was.  Maybe something about moving/deleting the files in the "redist" subfolder where the game's installed.  Possibly it varies depending on the game.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #55873 on: August 09, 2014, 02:12:00 am »

WHY does steam think that a few games are always doing their first startup? You must have installed the microsoft .NET framework fifty times by now you damn thing!
I'm sure there's a way to stop that, but I can't remember exactly what it was.  Maybe something about moving/deleting the files in the "redist" subfolder where the game's installed.  Possibly it varies depending on the game.
Though you really shouldn't stop it. It basically does that because there are different versions and they could be corrupted/modified on the user's machine. If they didn't check or install, it would work on most machines, then fail horribly when it encountered some missing functionality; probably resulting in a nearly impossible to reproduce CTD bug being reported to the devs. If they did check and only installed if the correct version wasn't already there, that version may be corrupted or otherwise messed with on the user's machine (which is undetectable without a check so thorough it would take about as long as installing it). If this were the case, the game would usually run fine on most people's machine, until one day the moon and stars aligned just right such that someone's broken framework install came into contact with some poor bugger's game, resulting in a crash which was entirely impossible to reproduce. Leaving a developer potentially wasting time hunting for it before eventually ignoring it and feeling slightly more queasy about the state of their game.

And so, every game ships with the redistributable and installs it simply because doing otherwise results in wasting developer time.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55874 on: August 09, 2014, 02:48:45 am »

No, he's saying it does the same install process every time he boots up that particular game. I sure as hell would disable that behavior, especially since he says it's happened ~50 times now.
Pages: 1 ... 3723 3724 [3725] 3726 3727 ... 11037