Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3614 3615 [3616] 3617 3618 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471832 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54225 on: July 15, 2014, 04:20:58 pm »

In adventure mode your own character can cry.  But we do not notice unless we closely examine our inventories, and it does not stop them from doing horrible things.

It is confirmed, we are uncaring gods/goddesses taking complete control over some poor sap.  They see everything we make them do, they feel everything.  They watch under no control as we mercilessly butcher their neighbors and friends.  They cannot scream, all they can do is silently weep as the puppetmaster makes their arm swing the sword.
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

This is a mixture of shock and sorta-sad.

We've been subduing random people to play with their lives while they can only weep.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54226 on: July 15, 2014, 04:24:26 pm »

We've been subduing random people to play with their lives while they can only weep.
Hehe. Losers.

But really it's not so bad for them. The ones that survive are usually doing pretty well, having been guided to abandoned fortresses full of treasure or having trained up to great strength and reputation. The mental scars from being forced to systematically murder towns full of people is not so overwhelming as to completely ruin what they've gained.
And the ones who die are, well, dead. Kind of sucks for the families but no more than if they'd died in a wildlife accident or megabeast rampage or any of the other many, less potentially beneficial things that can happen.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:31:39 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #54227 on: July 15, 2014, 04:27:25 pm »

Hehe. Losers.
The difference between adventure and fortress mode being we generally try to keep our adventurers alive, but will kill off fortress dwarves in a heartbeat!  :P
Take a closer look at this text!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54228 on: July 15, 2014, 05:33:08 pm »

Kinda reminds me of that movie Gamer, with all the non-fighters who only have to survive one game...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54229 on: July 15, 2014, 05:47:11 pm »

Neither of these are good things. In fact I'd say a disproportionately high post count compared to join date means someone might just have nothing interesting to say.
Says the one who makes an average of over 2000 posts a year.
Can we please not do this? I sincerely regret mentioning join dates even in an appropriate context -- part of which was complaining about postcount wankery, no less -- and then I get back from work and hey presto it's turned into a couple pages of e-peen waving.  ::)

FWIW I partially agree with Janet, with the caveat that some of those people are just posting all over a bunch of forum games, and I really don't want to start down the road that leads to people whining about shitposting, because who cares?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #54230 on: July 15, 2014, 05:48:52 pm »

You actually just brought it up again.

So...um...yeah.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54231 on: July 15, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »

In adventure mode your own character can cry.  But we do not notice unless we closely examine our inventories, and it does not stop them from doing horrible things.

It is confirmed, we are uncaring gods/goddesses taking complete control over some poor sap.  They see everything we make them do, they feel everything.  They watch under no control as we mercilessly butcher their neighbors and friends.  They cannot scream, all they can do is silently weep as the puppetmaster makes their arm swing the sword.
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

I was just thinking up a horrible grim head theory of why adventurers cry.  I didn't expect it to actually be true :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #54232 on: July 15, 2014, 05:54:57 pm »

So, what does it make Human Outsiders?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54233 on: July 15, 2014, 05:55:18 pm »

I'm sure they get used to it eventually.
The Discipline skill is supposed to nullify emotional reactions to combat, so if that increases while adventuring then yeah they get over the horrific violence.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:57:44 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54234 on: July 15, 2014, 05:58:55 pm »

Terminators from the future.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54235 on: July 15, 2014, 06:01:57 pm »

I just saw a Lego movie on sale at this truck stop.

Not THE Lego movie, mind. A movie that apparently uses Lego figurines and blocks in place of actors and sets. I assume it is stop-motion. Adding to the WTF is that it seems to be based on some biblical story.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #54236 on: July 15, 2014, 06:02:42 pm »

Terminators from the future.

Using FutureCo's High-Tech Spears and Knives selection, apparently.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #54237 on: July 15, 2014, 06:59:44 pm »

I just saw a Lego movie on sale at this truck stop.

Not THE Lego movie, mind. A movie that apparently uses Lego figurines and blocks in place of actors and sets. I assume it is stop-motion. Adding to the WTF is that it seems to be based on some biblical story.
Might be the Brick Testament, heard about it on Wikipedia. I think they made a video of it.

The LEGO Movie itself is probably a better usage of time and/or money. Funny you mention that, I'm actually getting it off of Netflix in a few days because I had the urge to see it again.

Also, I made this and re-found it today.

Quote from: P.T. Robinson, my insane CoC character
P. T. was born on March 16th, 1893. He showed signs of mental instability from a young age, which the doctor suggests was brought on by being named "P. T." He went to the Twelve Bays County Institute for Mentally Unstable Children and Adolescents instead of school, which exposed him to the occult; the children there were forced to "worship the Black Flame" by professor Sirus Xantalos Immaterial, the three-toed toad-obsessed master cheese maker with the objective of making great amounts of golden worms to sacrifice with his comrade, "P", to the "Great Dwarfy Descan", a god he worshipped. P.T. escaped the prison-like school by murdering security guards and building a ladder out of their bones. He bought a high school diploma at a yard sale and went to several colleges, picking up skill in multiple major sciences including physics, biology, geology, astronomy, medicine, and psychology, engineering, electronics, art, construction, anthropology and archaeology, fluent Italian, law, natural history, great skill with library usage, and locksmithing. He then went to Japan and trained himself in the art of the ninja, piloting his own airplane back and swimming the last mile back to the States. He went to Germany for World War One and engineered a gattling shotgun. When he came home, he got two jobs, as an accountant and as a crane operator in Boston. When he lost them both, he looked around for a new job, meeting a multitude of colorful characters along the way and eventually becoming a hot dog vendor, selling delicious-smelling and horrible-tasting hot dogs from under a wide-brimmed hat on an unlabelled cart in Marinwood, Connecticut.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:15:40 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54238 on: July 15, 2014, 11:18:57 pm »

Aperture Tag We are paying for mods now? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54239 on: July 15, 2014, 11:23:54 pm »

* Descan looks at Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Insurgency, and more.

... Yes?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3614 3615 [3616] 3617 3618 ... 11037