Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 11004

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13680279 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #525 on: June 13, 2011, 02:10:18 pm »

my penis fell off and now I am sad
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 13, 2011, 02:12:10 pm »

Context?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 13, 2011, 02:13:25 pm »

my penis fell off and now I am sad
I didn't need that mental image.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 13, 2011, 02:13:55 pm »

Context?
Ask yourself: Do I really want to know the context of that?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 13, 2011, 02:15:57 pm »

Context?
Ask yourself: Do I really want to know the context of that?
I know I do. It will ease the current mental image I have in my head.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 13, 2011, 02:17:32 pm »

The only thing I can think of is that he might be playing the videogame Corruption of Champions (a game which, in itself, bears mentioning in this thread, but which I will not link to due to an injunction by the forum moderators)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 13, 2011, 02:38:36 pm »

My spam folder's contents has gone from the expected kind (Livestream crap, Impulse deals, etc) to the stupidly obvious kind.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 13, 2011, 02:56:07 pm »

Scientists develop new artificial heart with no pulse:o

Wouldn't making an artificial heart that pulses be a lot harder than one that's just an impeller?  Seems petty obvious to me, a mere cardiolohobbiest.
Logically, yes. The proble was that everyone assumed the pulsers were critical.

Wow! That's really incredibly stupid of them. You'd think it would be obvious to anybody with even the slightest background in biology, and especially people who are actually involved with it for a living, like medical engineers, that a natural heart's pulse is an artifact of the way that all body movements are ultimately based on expansion and contraction of muscle fibers which can only deform to a finite extent.
See, the thing is, we don't know how we work. We still have no idea if the heart beat served some ulterior purpose. Nature has had millions of years to perfect it, which means optimization. Were I nature, I'd want to minimize the amount of parts that are vital and can get FUBAR, which means each one already there will need to take on extra duties.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Cuppsworth

• Bay Watcher
  • Cuppy Cuppsworth, Baron of Prague
    • View Profile
Cuppsworth has turned into the 'penny pincher'.

After the great trauma of having some one steal one penny from him he has invented a alter ego who stocks the night and fights crime in the city of Gotham Penny-Villa. With his faithful ward buck boy he strikes fear into the hearts of petty criminals everywhere.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 13, 2011, 06:16:30 pm »

We do, however, know that your arterial system does all sorts of crap to smooth out the pressure so that by the time the blood hits your capillaries, it's not experiencing different pressures at different stages of your heartbeat. I'm just glad the idea I asked about in physiology one day turned out to be practical and goddamn the universe keeps stealing all my ideas that are totally original with me. What's next, robot han- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 13, 2011, 06:20:00 pm »

That was just the first google result I could find, there are probably better ones.
Oh yeah.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 13, 2011, 06:25:28 pm »

That was just the first google result I could find, there are probably better ones.
Oh yeah.

THAT IS THE EXACT ONE I WAS LOOKING FOR
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 13, 2011, 06:47:09 pm »

Wait. He's wearing that voluntarily? Kudos I say.

Oh wait the description says his hand was dysfunctional. Still.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 13, 2011, 06:52:29 pm »

Apparantly, Toobad was a ban dodge of Nazibad. Huh.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 13, 2011, 06:53:16 pm »

Apparantly, Toobad was a ban dodge of Nazibad. Huh.
... who?

Why?

Do I care?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 11004