Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 11004

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13662203 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #495 on: June 12, 2011, 03:46:48 pm »

Being a garbageman is a very physical job. Not that I'm saying that being a teacher isn't difficult, but lifting garbage all day is fucking hard work. And smelly. Can't forget that part. It's also a job where you can potentially run into biohazards (rotten food carries a wonderfully diverse array of strange bacteria, and don't get me started on hypodermic needles), and regular hazards as well, (hooray for broken glass and other random sharp stuff!)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 12, 2011, 04:18:58 pm »

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 12, 2011, 10:07:54 pm »

I went to an asian grocery store that we found while looking for a lumber store. Half of the labels weren't translated, and the stuff that was was so garbled I couldn't tell really what it was. It was actually pretty amazing.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 12, 2011, 10:12:38 pm »

I went to an asian grocery store that we found while looking for a lumber store. Half of the labels weren't translated, and the stuff that was was so garbled I couldn't tell really what it was. It was actually pretty amazing.

Yeah those Asian grocery stores are really interesting.  What's fun is to find obvious knock-off brands.  I remember once seeing a box of crackers called Rita which looked almost exactly like a box of Ritz crackers.

And there's nowhere else I can think of where I could find dried shredded jellyfish.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 12, 2011, 10:55:10 pm »

Plants vs. Zombies.  iPhone.  Update.  Minigames.  Zombotany.  I thought this game was "wtf"-inducing before...

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 12, 2011, 11:09:03 pm »

Yeah those Asian grocery stores are really interesting.  What's fun is to find obvious knock-off brands.  I remember once seeing a box of crackers called Rita which looked almost exactly like a box of Ritz crackers.

And there's nowhere else I can think of where I could find dried shredded jellyfish.
Banana Hot Sauce and Fried Gluten Balls were pretty crazy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 13, 2011, 06:35:25 am »

Is there any other kind? I'm lucky enough to live in an area where we have one Korean market, one small Japanese market, two large Asian markets, and half a dozen little Indian markets all in quick driving range. Damned if I know what I'm buying half the time.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #502 on: June 13, 2011, 07:21:39 am »

Banana Hot Sauce and Fried Gluten Balls were pretty crazy.
I think my sister went to one that had something like canned chicken feet. Yeah, I don't know either.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 13, 2011, 08:59:25 am »

Scientists develop new artificial heart with no pulse:o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 13, 2011, 09:03:47 am »

"Sir, it would appear that you are,...uh....dead."
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 13, 2011, 09:06:00 am »

Heard about something very similar ten years ago. Was wondering what came of the idea.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 13, 2011, 09:09:33 am »

Wouldn't making an artificial heart that pulses be a lot harder than one that's just an impeller?  Seems petty obvious to me, a mere cardiolohobbiest.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 13, 2011, 09:10:34 am »

Suddenly. I wonder if my girlfriend will somehow end up with one of those.

The zombie or vampire jokes would take on a whole new fucked up level of... Uhh... Levelness.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 13, 2011, 09:12:21 am »

Wouldn't making an artificial heart that pulses be a lot harder than one that's just an impeller?  Seems petty obvious to me, a mere cardiolohobbiest.
Logically, yes. The proble was that everyone assumed the pulsers were critical.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 13, 2011, 09:16:05 am »

Logically, yes. The proble was that everyone assumed the pulsers were critical.

Ah, sentimentality.  Look, do you want to have no apparent pulse, or no actual pulse?  Seems like a pretty obvious choice.

Yeah, I get that the theoretical issue is that the body is built for a pulsing heart, so who knows what effect a constant stream would have, although I can't imagine it would be too big a problem.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 11004