Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474085 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4770 on: February 06, 2012, 11:29:05 pm »

On a different topic, apperently my niece wrote a little narrative in school about slicing open her own body, and peeling back the skin to see how it all works, etc. On the back of her semester final test, just before turning it in.

So, yeah, call from the school counciler.

Also: I had bought my neice a nice set of cooking knives and a sharpener for christmas...
Maybe she wants to be a doctor?  There was a girl I knew in my biology class who was a bit obsessed with dissecting things...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: February 06, 2012, 11:31:18 pm »

Usually, I just psych myself up into a manic state, hammer out the final, and run out of the room screaming before I collapse into a puddle of self-doubt.

That's totally healthy, right?

Sounds pretty much like what I do, except I do that for every responsibility that is school-related.

Quote from: BBC News
SeaWorld sued over 'enslaved' killer whales.
Five killer whales have been named as plaintiffs in a court case which argues they deserve the same constitutional protection from slavery as humans.
A US judge is considering People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals' (Peta) lawsuit against SeaWorld.

It is reportedly the first time a US court has heard legal arguments over whether animals should enjoy the same constitutional protections as humans.
Seriously PETA?
Whats the point, I can't imagine it would ever get anywhere close to passing, and even if it did, vast sectors of the US economy rely on ownership of animals (namely hunting/farming animals/pets/zoos/about a zillion other things) and would mobilize to defeat this if it did get close to (somehow) passing. And it's not going to be good publicity for them either, since everyone will be going "Wow those PETA folks are crazy".
My WTF from that is that they're up in arms about SeaWorld whales which may or may not live for less time in captivity, rather than, say, the fucking whaling fleets and fishing fleets that are busy killing every trace of marine life that they can reach. But then who expects reason and rationality from PETA?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4772 on: February 06, 2012, 11:31:27 pm »

Not as bad as the time she made up a story that involved being molested. I think she was trying to make up an excuse to not go out with a boy who liked her, and lies compounded. Then the boy reported it to the school.

Could have went badly for me, as an adult uncle living in the same house... Fortunetly, the story she told was about a step-dad, which she dosn't have, and many other obviously untrue things; instead of about an uncle.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: February 06, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »

I'm nonplussed. Yup, chalk that up in the WTF column.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: February 06, 2012, 11:48:22 pm »

Does anyone else have those moments where you become super aware of your breathing,
and then can't figure out how to breath without focusing on breathing, because if you try to not focus on breathing you stop breathing, so you have to think about breathing until you start breathing without thinking about it?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: February 06, 2012, 11:50:46 pm »

I was terrified of sleeping as a small child for that very reason.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: February 06, 2012, 11:51:43 pm »

Does anyone else have those moments where you become super aware of your breathing,
and then can't figure out how to breath without focusing on breathing, because if you try to not focus on breathing you stop breathing, so you have to think about breathing until you start breathing without thinking about it?
...Damn it
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: February 06, 2012, 11:56:20 pm »

I've found that the best defense is a good offense. Take a nice, deep, slow breath in, hold it as long as you can, and when you exhale, focus on something else immediately.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: February 06, 2012, 11:59:11 pm »

I gotta be honest, does not happen to me. I mean I become aware of my breathing, but if I hold my breath and don't think about it it goes away.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: February 07, 2012, 12:12:36 am »

It happens every few minutes to me. One of the many reasons why I wish I didn't have to breathe.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Cyprinus

« Reply #4780 on: February 07, 2012, 12:13:44 am »

(post removed by author)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #4781 on: February 07, 2012, 12:23:12 am »

Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: February 07, 2012, 12:39:55 am »

Something that struck me as a bit odd just now. I have only ever had one real-life thing go into a nightmare (and I rarely have dreams that I remember at all, used to have them more when I was younger.). And that thing is the red blinking lights on smoke detectors, when I was little. I would lie awake for a while, thinking that it was a laser and would shoot me. I proceeded to have the oddest dream involving countdowns when I have to say "No!" or else get shot by lazors, creepy gnome-things that would crawl up to eat me if I moved weird on the bed, and having to refuse my grandmother offering me peaches (house teleport whoooo) because of the countdown.

It was genuinely terrifying.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4783 on: February 07, 2012, 12:49:28 am »

I used to have dreams that the luggage carosel at the airport would swallow me up when I tried to grab luggage. That the metal panels would slide open, with a sickly green light, and mashing, crushing gears. Same with Escelators now that I think about it.

One time an escelator ate my shoelace.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: February 07, 2012, 01:23:35 am »

There is apparently something called "Exploding Head Syndrome."
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 11037