Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3142 3143 [3144] 3145 3146 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463443 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #47145 on: April 10, 2014, 05:55:19 am »

So I just discovered the Mafia subforum.

You see, I know what Mafia is, in theory. But I didn't expect that. I click a link in somebody's sig, yes? And then I read and I'm like, "Why is Vector being so mean to this person?" And then I'm like, "Why is everybody being so mean to everybody?" And then I'm like, "Is this still Bay 12?" I saw the nicest people on this forum flip out on each  other like a slopbucket full of bromine. It was glorious, and I wasted spent four hours reading old threads.

I believe that the Mafia subforum is where Bay 12 goes to lose its collective shit. I am oddly tempted to join, but I don't think I would be able to actively participate, since I only have internet access for, like, three hours a day.
Why do you generalize and insult us so.
 :'(
Apologies if I offended. It's just that the atmosphere is, for obvious reasons, more paranoid by an order of magnitude than, say, the FG&RP subforum. I don't mean to say I mind or complain or something, it's just the way it is by design. The few games of Mafia I was involved in were horribly tame in comparison to this, so I was surprised. I didn't mean to insult anybody - in fact, I said it was glorious, didn't I?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47146 on: April 10, 2014, 06:25:25 am »

Yeah, the tone of Mafia games is really scary :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #47147 on: April 10, 2014, 07:15:55 am »

He's not really being insulting Tiruin.  Though yeah the mafia forum terrifies me >_>
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47148 on: April 10, 2014, 07:23:07 am »

Yeah, the tone of Mafia games is really scary :P

That's why I've decided to never try it out on bay12, if I ever do apply to any Mafia games :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47149 on: April 10, 2014, 09:27:32 am »

:'(

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47150 on: April 10, 2014, 09:36:26 am »

The mafia board is the only region of this forum that has weaponised democracy, so far.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #47151 on: April 10, 2014, 09:37:09 am »

Also part of the reason I abandoned the fort Mafia subforum.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47152 on: April 10, 2014, 09:42:59 am »

>_>
Y'know, fine. Generalize whatever. Nobody understands.
*quits at initial reactions*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47153 on: April 10, 2014, 09:46:00 am »

It's hard being a Tiruin.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47154 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:19 am »

Tiruin's been really sensitive lately!

I think she needs a hug. ;-;
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47155 on: April 10, 2014, 09:56:00 am »

You see, I know what Mafia is, in theory. But I didn't expect that. I click a link in somebody's sig, yes? And then I read and I'm like, "Why is Vector being so mean to this person?" And then I'm like, "Why is everybody being so mean to everybody?" And then I'm like, "Is this still Bay 12?" I saw the nicest people on this forum flip out on each  other like a slopbucket full of bromine. It was glorious, and I wasted spent four hours reading old threads.

I believe that the Mafia subforum is where Bay 12 goes to lose its collective shit. I am oddly tempted to join, but I don't think I would be able to actively participate, since I only have internet access for, like, three hours a day.

Thinking people are mean to each other on the mafia forum is like thinking that those birds who floof up their feathers are just huge, or that boxers must really hate each other to be so cruel, or that someone who snipes you in an FPS is a big jerk.

Like throwing a kick in a martial arts tournament, the "mean" things that are said don't have any actual ill will behind them - they are tactics to throw the other person off their game and try to suss out a judgeable response, and thus win the match, nothing more. There's no actual "meanness" intended in the comments there. Unless they are directed at Dariush, but that's a special case.

The stuff that's usually said there is almost always the exact opposite of "losing ones shit", in my experience.

If you want to see the people there without the posturing and positioning and attempts at psychological manipulation, you can always read the discussion threads or the bits that happen after the game ends instead. :P

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #47156 on: April 10, 2014, 09:58:11 am »

Still terrifying.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47157 on: April 10, 2014, 09:59:28 am »

Still *cries* at most peoples' superficial understanding of it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47158 on: April 10, 2014, 10:01:13 am »

You do have to admit it can get pretty intense sometimes though. I can completely understand why people would find it terrifying.

(Although to be honest I don't think a large portion of games are even really all that bad. Most of mine, and the beginner games, have seemed pretty chill.)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47159 on: April 10, 2014, 10:12:19 am »

I am an unconfrontational person by nature and even more so by nurture is why I haven't been there in years either. But there's not much actual hostility going on, unless you're talking about certain people who I don't wish to name.
Pages: 1 ... 3142 3143 [3144] 3145 3146 ... 11040