Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3130 3131 [3132] 3133 3134 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454876 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46965 on: April 06, 2014, 03:27:55 pm »

Fallout 3 was actually excellent. So there.
I played New Vegas too, but yeah, there was even less reason for the player character to do the stuff involved than there was in FO3.
Mainly I just liked NV for the THERMIC LANCES AND INCREDIBLY BROKEN MELEE BUILDS AHAHAHA

Fakeedit: Didn't NV have the stupid unconsciousness thing, too?

Noooooope.
Chuck Testa

Only Yes Man and Victor(until you reach the strip) are effectively immortal. They respawn three days after you kill them.
Jeebus, all this because I made crack about the rock-it launcer. WTF. Say what you want about the game itself, but, c'mon, it IS pretty fun to apply long-distance bitch-slaps via high-velocity deathclaw hands. :V

I used the rock it launcher to shoot teddy bears.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46966 on: April 06, 2014, 08:14:11 pm »

I used it to shoot mugs, at least until I got the Railway Rifle >:]
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46967 on: April 06, 2014, 08:16:26 pm »

+1 to railway rifle, that was my favorite weapon in that game.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46968 on: April 06, 2014, 08:17:28 pm »

Railway rifle?
Spoiler: That's cute (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46969 on: April 06, 2014, 08:26:03 pm »

]What's the point of a clothes dryer if the washing machine breaks? You'd still have to replace a device.

Having a washing machine without a dryer makes a -little- more sense, but if you don't live in a place where you can easily dry your clothes, it's still a bother.
You can wash elsewhere (laundromat, neighbor, etc.) and haul it back quicklike to use own dyer. If the place-of-washing is close enough, you probably save money that way, and almost definitely save time (at least assuming time spent idling at home is better than time spent idling in a laundromat equivalent).

Can also always do it by hand, I guess, and then have convenient drying. You can get some use out of it until you can afford to replace the washer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46970 on: April 06, 2014, 08:40:09 pm »

So. Watching news while eating dinner. Ad that's part of a smear campaign the PCs have launched against the Liberals (Well, Trudeau in particular). They showed a clip from something where he talked about the Boston Marathon massacre from last year. The video clearly jumps three times, yet they try to pass it off as one thing. And then a completely unrelated clip of him shirtless. Which seems to be part of their angle of trying to play the fact that he's not uptight as a BAD thing.

Not so much WTF as to the fact that it's airing, but the fact that it's so... inept. I mean, if you're gonna try to make somebody look bad, at least put some effort into it, goddammit.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #46971 on: April 06, 2014, 08:58:32 pm »

I always used A3-21's plasma rifle once I started using energy weapons. Otherwise, I stuck to the hunting rifle for most of the game, until I was rollin' in enough caps to secure a steady ammo supply for a more powerful gun.

On the 3 v. NV topic, each has its own upsides. 3 definitely had more of a post-apocalyptic, survival feel to it. I mean the kind of "throw your last grenade at the super mutant, grab his minigun, and empty it at his friend. Now duck into a bathroom to loot the first aid kit. Whoops! There's a ghoul. Piss your pants and hammer VATS. Two headshots. Done. Now check the first aid kit. There's a dirty water and a med-x." kind of feel.

NV had none of that. Civilization is getting back on its feet. There's a ton of references to 1 and 2, which is cool, but it doesn't *feel* like a post-apocalypse thing.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46972 on: April 06, 2014, 09:02:30 pm »

Hasn't about 200 years past since the bombs were dropped everywhere? The map in Fallout 3 and New Vegas could've been bigger to remove the feeling that all these towns are right next to each other. The overworld map in Fallout 1 spreads things way out, with wasteland everywhere something interesting isn't.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46973 on: April 06, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »

The Fallout world is something I think I'd rather read books about then play.

I mean there's so many rusty toilets you can look at before it gets really boring :P

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #46974 on: April 06, 2014, 09:07:18 pm »

That's the big problem with 3. Not only was civilization well on it's way back in 1, let alone 2, there is very little reason outside of pure nihilism (which, incidentally, was the actual reason. One of the lead designers despised Fallout 2 for being too happy) to think that things would be so bad that long after the war. 10 years, 15 years tops; fine. That works. 200 years? Flat out impossible.

Mech#4. The Great War in the Fallout verse happened in 2077. Fallout 3 takes place in 2277, exactly 200 years later.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46975 on: April 06, 2014, 09:10:21 pm »

Behold, the most useless word in existence
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46976 on: April 06, 2014, 09:10:27 pm »

Wouldn't South America practically rule the world 200 years in? I don't remember there being any reason to nuke them, unless they got annexed by the US too...

Actual WTF:

Man, black people just don't have a single powerful black person to look up to in this purely white dominated America.

Thanks, Obama.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:13:28 pm by Dutchling »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46977 on: April 06, 2014, 09:18:02 pm »

Wouldn't South America practically rule the world 200 years in? I don't remember there being any reason to nuke them, unless they got annexed by the US too...

Actual WTF:

Man, black people just don't have a single powerful black person to look up to in this purely white dominated America.

Thanks, Obama.

That was posted on April 1st. Its probably a joke. I hope. Otherwise, I fear for poor sweet Murrica.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46978 on: April 06, 2014, 10:30:18 pm »

Was there always a 'transcript' tab on YouTube videos, or is that a new thing?

I see that the automatic captions are still just as ridiculous as ever. It has improved somewhat though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46979 on: April 06, 2014, 10:38:01 pm »

If it is a joke it is unfortunately close to how people would actually write that article.
Pages: 1 ... 3130 3131 [3132] 3133 3134 ... 11040