Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3129 3130 [3131] 3132 3133 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454674 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46950 on: April 06, 2014, 01:29:07 pm »

I used to do that with hats. I'd get myself all worked up, and then realize I was wearing it. >_<

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46951 on: April 06, 2014, 01:52:22 pm »

I used to do that with hats. I'd get myself all worked up, and then realize I was wearing it. >_<
Guilty of doing that a few times.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46952 on: April 06, 2014, 02:18:24 pm »

I'm playing Fallout 3(which I generally think is, much like oblivion, is pretty bland) just for the achievements.

What have I become!?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46953 on: April 06, 2014, 02:35:15 pm »

I'm playing Fallout 3(which I generally think is, much like oblivion, is pretty bland) just for the achievements.

What have I become!?
Bland? The Rock-it launcher would beg to differ. :V

Well, rock-it launcher and a fuckton of deathclaw hands. :V
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:33:46 pm by Vorthon »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46954 on: April 06, 2014, 03:01:45 pm »

Fallout's an RPG series, dammit, and 3 failed at the RP terribly. You're a person who loves their father, likes surprises and is either a puppy-kicking psycopath who wants to kill everyone, a mercenary or the freaking Messiah. The story's also shit. They took Fallout 1 and 2's stories, took out all the parts that made sense and added a cliché "your dad's gone :(" plot to it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46955 on: April 06, 2014, 03:04:00 pm »

At least it wasn't New Vegas. I mean that was fun too, but there was like zero reason to actually follow the main quest. Same in Skyrim imo.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46956 on: April 06, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »

Oh don't you fucking dare suggest that New Vegas's story was somehow worse than Fallout 3's. You have a goddamn reason. Guy shot you in the freaking head, word gets around, you're approached by freaking everyone to help take over the area. There's sidequests with characters that aren't trite, no real villains in the main story line (everyone's at least somewhat reasonable if you actually talk to them) and--and this is an important one--it actually relates to Fallout in some way and isn't just a theme park fantasyland with a Fallout theme like 3 was.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46957 on: April 06, 2014, 03:08:39 pm »

We have one like that at home.
Having two different machines when you could just have a single one doesn't really make sense to me I guess.

Well, there is some benefit in having them separate so if one breaks, at least the other still runs.
What's the point of a clothes dryer if the washing machine breaks? You'd still have to replace a device.

Having a washing machine without a dryer makes a -little- more sense, but if you don't live in a place where you can easily dry your clothes, it's still a bother.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46958 on: April 06, 2014, 03:10:01 pm »

I actually like playing Fallout 3 that-generic-post-apocalyptic-action-game-inspired-by-fallout-series from bethesda while I wait for Fallout 3. What's this New Vegas you speak of?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46959 on: April 06, 2014, 03:11:10 pm »

Oh don't you fucking dare suggest that New Vegas's story was somehow worse than Fallout 3's. You have a goddamn reason. Guy shot you in the freaking head, word gets around, you're approached by freaking everyone to help take over the area. There's sidequests with characters that aren't trite, no real villains in the main story line (everyone's at least somewhat reasonable if you actually talk to them) and--and this is an important one--it actually relates to Fallout in some way and isn't just a theme park fantasyland with a Fallout theme like 3 was.
If you actually started playing your character before he gets shot than maybe I would've cared, but the way it's presented in-game does a good job at making be apathetic about it. The other part I really didn't like about NV is how everything is so bland. FA3 at least has a somewhat interesting map to explore. Other than that I didn't like the characters much in any of the games, except for the BoS girl in NV.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46960 on: April 06, 2014, 03:15:07 pm »

If I wanted interesting maps, I'd play an Elder Scrolls game. I want a Fallout game. Fallout 3 fails utterly at being one of those.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46961 on: April 06, 2014, 03:16:55 pm »

Guess you're 3oldskool5me ;)

FA3 was the first Fallout game I've played. I did play FA2 afterwards but the game bugged out on me after I slept with a mobster's daughter. Tried a few times to replay but the tutorial dungeon is such a pain in the ass.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46962 on: April 06, 2014, 03:23:48 pm »

Reason I say FO3 is bland to me is because, compared to NV, it's rather empty.

Plus you can't gun down an entire faction(IE BoS) without getting 'X is unconscious' :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46963 on: April 06, 2014, 03:24:36 pm »

Fallout 3 was actually excellent. So there.
I played New Vegas too, but yeah, there was even less reason for the player character to do the stuff involved than there was in FO3.
Mainly I just liked NV for the THERMIC LANCES AND INCREDIBLY BROKEN MELEE BUILDS AHAHAHA

Fakeedit: Didn't NV have the stupid unconsciousness thing, too?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46964 on: April 06, 2014, 03:25:13 pm »

Jeebus, all this because I made a crack about the rock-it launcer. WTF. Say what you want about the game itself, but, c'mon, it IS pretty fun to apply long-distance bitch-slaps via high-velocity deathclaw hands. :V
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:29:05 pm by Vorthon »
Pages: 1 ... 3129 3130 [3131] 3132 3133 ... 11040