Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3076 3077 [3078] 3079 3080 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458345 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46155 on: March 23, 2014, 12:53:49 pm »

Call and yell at talk to people? It might help, it might not. You might have already.

As for credit scores... folks that pay off quickly (as folks that disdain credit are often wont to do) are actually one of a lender's worst customers, only somewhat ahead of people that default. What they really want is folks that will just pay off interest and not really touch their premiums, so that the lender can rake in more interest moolah. Those are the ones who are best to give a loan to, from the perspective of the lender. Folks that will trip up a little and still pay off any nice fines or fees they accrue are arguably even better. A lender doesn't really want to be paid off, t'be honest...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46156 on: March 23, 2014, 01:26:38 pm »

I think Dutchling has my name, but not the female one :v
My first name is Gilles, and the female version of that is Jill.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46157 on: March 23, 2014, 01:28:07 pm »

Well, I wouldn't call that a name, to be honest :P

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46158 on: March 23, 2014, 01:33:26 pm »

The first knuckle of my middle finger is being weird. When I curl the finger into my palm, the knuckle seems to lock in place, and doesn't seem to want to uncurl. Mildly disconcerting, but it doesn't seem to actually affect it's use. I'm just wondering what caused it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46159 on: March 23, 2014, 01:36:31 pm »

The first knuckle of my middle finger is being weird. When I curl the finger into my palm, the knuckle seems to lock in place, and doesn't seem to want to uncurl. Mildly disconcerting, but it doesn't seem to actually affect it's use. I'm just wondering what caused it.
Pretty sure that's caused by network connectivity issues.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46160 on: March 23, 2014, 01:37:02 pm »

Naw, it's totally PEBKAC.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46161 on: March 23, 2014, 01:38:49 pm »

My uncle came to visit with his laptop in hand.
I learned that he absolutely despises antivirus software becasue someone told him that antivirus software is in reality a backdoor for viruses.

Now he goes around telling everyone that since he stopped using firewalls/AV software he never had a malvare problem.

I just don't even...
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46162 on: March 23, 2014, 01:41:13 pm »

Well to be fair there are plenty of non-reputable "anti virus" programs out there that are essentially malware themselves.

I use a basic firewall and Malwarebytes, myself. Nothing else.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46164 on: March 23, 2014, 03:24:37 pm »

I, too, have suffered the male/female national name origin divide. Irish versus Middle Eastern.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46166 on: March 23, 2014, 03:59:52 pm »

... sometimes the mind goes strange places.

Just to make sure: Spraying air freshener into an active clothes dryer: Bad Idea or Incredibly Bad Idea?
Ask not!
Ask!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46167 on: March 23, 2014, 04:03:29 pm »

What's with you people buying air freshener when there's perfectly fine deodorant available?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46168 on: March 23, 2014, 04:12:05 pm »

I didn't buy it, but I'm not adverse to using what's on hand if someone else is going to insist on equipping the residence with the stuff.

Also not really aware of, like, room-level deodorant, and I can't imagine throwing personal deodorant into a pile of drying clothes achieving desirable results. Now that I think on it, though, there's got to be something equivalent to it. I just don't believe I've seen it before.
Ask not!
Ask!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46169 on: March 23, 2014, 04:18:50 pm »

Just to make sure: Spraying air freshener into an active clothes dryer: Bad Idea or Incredibly Bad Idea?
Only one way to find out!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 3076 3077 [3078] 3079 3080 ... 11040