Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481504 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4485 on: January 30, 2012, 04:54:47 pm »

The only thing I really ever use facebook for is communicating with distant family members and close friends.  My grandparents live a state away, so it's nice getting to talk to them face to face once in a while with facebook's video chat function.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: January 30, 2012, 05:04:55 pm »

I don't have a problem with people having facebook pages, what I do have a problem with is that some people seem to think that not having one makes you less than human.  I suppose Facebook is the new equivalent to the soul now, which the people whose entire life's work is attempting to educate and better society apparently lack.
I'm not claiming that they're all perfect at it, or that they all even care about their students, but the majority of them took up a good amount of their life, at the very least, half as long as you have lived to learn the knowledge and how to at least attempt give it to you, not because they had to, but because they thought that they could help society, and some of the ones who don't care about their students anymore, the reason they stopped caring is because students treated the knowledge that they attempt to give them as worthless and treated them with disdain and acted like they're less than human. 
Disliking or complaining about a certain teacher or even several I can understand, but considering all teachers to be less than human is just wrong.

I'm sorry about this rant, but I have had enough of the direspect that teahers recieve.
I'm also sorry for any mispellings or choppy sentences, this entire thing was typed on my phone.
All I meant was that a teacher having a social life is like your parents having a sex life.
Well, this might not be the best way to describe it but I hope you know what I mean.

edit: It seems like you took my post a bit too serious.

Also, I only use fb when I am procrastinating.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:09:33 pm by Dutchling »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: January 30, 2012, 05:29:40 pm »

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.
Oh God, yes. There's bad, there's Battlefield Earth bad, and then there's... this. These films, and shows, and games that, when you look at them make you wonder, "Why does this exist?"

You can never truly wrap your head around the fact that these things exist, let alone examine them in any detail. It is futile.

What. The. Fuck.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: January 30, 2012, 05:36:29 pm »

edit: It seems like you took my post a bit too serious.
You're right I did and I apologize, the mentioned issue is one of my very few hot buttons, I'll spoiler the rant.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: January 30, 2012, 05:39:46 pm »

Hey, being a teacher is freaking hard. Hell, I was a martial arts teacher, and I still got bitched at when one of my students saw me buying something to drink. "You're a teacher, you should be a responsible blah blah blah good influence blah blah blah all the time!" We're all people, despite our occupations.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: January 30, 2012, 05:44:20 pm »

Wait what? My martial arts teachers always had a drink after the lessons. And they were cops.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: January 30, 2012, 05:46:16 pm »

This was in a store. I was in plainclothes. *shrug* Some people expect you to be on your best behavior all the time because they don't want to see you as anything more than a 1-dimensional character. It's no different than my current customers seeing my outside my uniform as "HP Dude", even though many of them know that I'm a college student.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: January 30, 2012, 05:52:32 pm »

This was in a store. I was in plainclothes. *shrug* Some people expect you to be on your best behavior all the time because they don't want to see you as anything more than a 1-dimensional character.
And that is my biggest problem with- stopping now before I get started again.

Back to WTFs.

This is more awesome than it is WTF-y, but there's a thirteen-year-old who is in college with astrophysics as a major, is working on a book to "cure peoples fear of math" and he actually has a social life.

EDIT: Sorry he's working on his PHD already.
DOUBLEEDITANDLINKREMOVAL:Nevermind wrong kid, can't seem to find an article on the one I was thinking of.
TRIPLEEDIT:Found it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:35:54 pm by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4493 on: January 30, 2012, 06:35:58 pm »

Wait what? My martial arts teachers always had a drink after the lessons. And they were cops.

Hell, my Karate teacher served me Sake while I was 4 years underage, and the class was run by the local school district. (It was at a seperate party at his home, not in class)

Then there was the gifted program teacher that showed the class 'Revenge of the Nerds' (the R rated, not TV version)

Oh God, yes. There's bad, there's Battlefield Earth bad, and then there's... this. These films, and shows, and games that, when you look at them make you wonder, "Why does this exist?"

You can never truly wrap your head around the fact that these things exist, let alone examine them in any detail. It is futile.

I was walking through a local dept. store when I saw a video for sale titled "Nacho the Taco Dog" featuring a chiwhawha (sp) on the cover.

It was a cheap rip off video of the mascot of possibly the worst resturant in existance, if I had a 'destroy the universe" button handy at that moment, you wouldn't be reading this thread.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:38:11 pm by kaenneth »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: January 30, 2012, 07:21:33 pm »

I was not expecting an hour long slideshow in the worst romantic comedy parody ever written.

RUN JANE RUN! is on the poster in the background... for all of one frame. Then it goes back to Phantom of the Opera.

da fuck is dis shit?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: January 30, 2012, 08:48:43 pm »

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:07:22 am by NobodyPro »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: January 31, 2012, 12:22:28 am »

2-headed Shark

Is it bad that my thoughts about that concept were all related to how a two-headed shark probably isn't physically capable of living or hunting effectively?

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: January 31, 2012, 12:26:31 am »

2-headed Shark
It's quite telling that the majority of the stills feature gorgeous women walking around in swimsuits. I foresee this being featured on MST3K.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: January 31, 2012, 12:30:51 am »

2-headed Shark
It's quite telling that the majority of the stills feature gorgeous women walking around in swimsuits. I foresee this being featured on MST3K.
If it hasn't already, I'm pretty sure it won't, as MST3K stopped running around the turn of the millenium (Feb. 1999, IIRC). OTOH, Rifftrax is basically the MST3K people minus not being able to mock AAA movies, so~

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 31, 2012, 12:33:14 am »

2-headed Shark
If it hasn't already, I'm pretty sure it won't, as MST3K stopped running around the turn of the millenium (Feb. 1999, IIRC). OTOH, Rifftrax is basically the MST3K people minus not being able to mock AAA movies, so~
You get what I'm saying though. This reeks of 50's style B-grade goodness.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 11037