Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2963 2964 [2965] 2966 2967 ... 11003

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13653797 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #44460 on: February 19, 2014, 10:03:54 pm »

That's a lot of extended family you have there, Lord Shonus. Also, I count only four violent incidents you mentioned.

Many of my realtives-by-marriage are Catholic, with the large familes that often implies, while another large number are rural folks that often own many dogs at one time for hunting and pest control. As for the missing incident, it involved a very drunk uncle trying to "dominate" a dog.
Six kids, Catholic!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44461 on: February 19, 2014, 10:09:48 pm »

That's a lot of extended family you have there, Lord Shonus. Also, I count only four violent incidents you mentioned.

Many of my realtives-by-marriage are Catholic, with the large familes that often implies, while another large number are rural folks that often own many dogs at one time for hunting and pest control. As for the missing incident, it involved a very drunk uncle trying to "dominate" a dog.
Six kids, Catholic!
Relevant Monty Python sketch.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44462 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:55 pm »

So, teenage mad scientists are a thing that existed according to this story of a boy scout who built a fucking nuclear reactor

I suddenly feel lame and un-sciencey now :v

time to blow up the neighborhood and summon satan
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44463 on: February 19, 2014, 10:55:12 pm »

So, teenage mad scientists are a thing that existed according to this story of a boy scout who built a fucking nuclear reactor

Oh yeah, I remember reading about that a while ago. I can't help but wonder what sort of merit badge he got.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44464 on: February 19, 2014, 10:57:28 pm »

Shiva badge?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44465 on: February 19, 2014, 11:32:31 pm »

Oh yeah, I remember reading about that a while ago. I can't help but wonder what sort of merit badge he got.
I'm pretty sure that he got a prisoner ID badge.

Fakedit: Yep.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44466 on: February 19, 2014, 11:39:41 pm »

Yeah, I think he snapped.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #44467 on: February 19, 2014, 11:58:24 pm »

Not so much snapped as tried to do the same thing all over again. He was trying to obtain americium from the smoke detectors he stole. And before that he signed for the Navy and served aboard a nuclear aircraft carrier. Obviously he was trying to expose himself to enough radiation that he'd get superpowers.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44468 on: February 20, 2014, 02:13:31 am »

Not so much snapped as tried to do the same thing all over again. He was trying to obtain americium from the smoke detectors he stole. And before that he signed for the Navy and served aboard a nuclear aircraft carrier. Obviously he was trying to expose himself to enough radiation that he'd get superpowers.
I'm pretty sure that repeating the same thing over and over for 15 years counts as snapping.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44469 on: February 20, 2014, 02:46:17 am »

Finally, I'm going to go there: stop breeding pit bulls, people. All you see are news stories where the wailing mother says "the dog was so wonderful and then one day it just snapped!" and that's a best-case scenario where the dog is nominally okay but may turn into a murderhound at any moment. Worst-case, it's a jackass who wants the dog because he can beat it and make it mean so it'll kill whoever tries to break into his house. There's a reason dogs bred for fighting have a bad reputation. Why is it illegal to have a bobcat or an alligator but if you want the biggest, meanest, deadliest dog it's totally fine?
Dogs don't work that way. People are just shit at taking care of them.
Like, they'll act all submissive to the dog all the time, then they'll lean over it or look at in the eye or something and it'll go to assert the dominance that it's been allowed to have.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44470 on: February 20, 2014, 04:57:07 am »

Apparently Steam has trouble with recommended categories :P

I for one find it hillarious. Wiiiith some WTF mixed in :3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44471 on: February 20, 2014, 05:31:33 am »

Back at home today for the first time in several days.
Lately I seem to be spending less and less time moping around here and more and more time staying with friends and going around doing stuff... I like this direction things are going in. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44472 on: February 20, 2014, 09:47:49 am »

Apparently Steam has trouble with recommended categories :P

My recommended tags pretty much look the same since I've done nothing but play Dominions and Europe Universalis for the last month.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44473 on: February 20, 2014, 09:50:56 am »

It's thunder-snowing here! Alas, there is no cool looking lightning. Then again, it's snowing so fuckballs hard that I can't see the sky.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44474 on: February 20, 2014, 10:57:54 am »

Finally, I'm going to go there: stop breeding pit bulls, people. All you see are news stories where the wailing mother says "the dog was so wonderful and then one day it just snapped!" and that's a best-case scenario where the dog is nominally okay but may turn into a murderhound at any moment. Worst-case, it's a jackass who wants the dog because he can beat it and make it mean so it'll kill whoever tries to break into his house. There's a reason dogs bred for fighting have a bad reputation. Why is it illegal to have a bobcat or an alligator but if you want the biggest, meanest, deadliest dog it's totally fine?
Dogs don't work that way. People are just shit at taking care of them.
Like, they'll act all submissive to the dog all the time, then they'll lean over it or look at in the eye or something and it'll go to assert the dominance that it's been allowed to have.
This, so much. Some of the happiest, pet-happy, oversized lapdogs I've known of were pitbulls. Blame the people who don't train their dogs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 2963 2964 [2965] 2966 2967 ... 11003