Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2961 2962 [2963] 2964 2965 ... 11002

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13645192 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #44430 on: February 19, 2014, 02:56:38 pm »

i can supposedly project colors and shapes into people's minds so vOv

think of me the next time a square of indiscernible color appears in your head for no obvious reason

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44434 on: February 19, 2014, 04:20:24 pm »

Basically, I was testing if the system would say that something was posted tomorrow (as with today and yesterday). It doesn't. It's just the date.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44435 on: February 19, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »

I've been accused of being psychic before, so there may be something to that.

I have been accused of antimagic and antiwitchery.

As in, apparently my mere presence in the same building makes psychics and witches lose all confidence in their magical powers and renders them useless.

Those witches were so angry. :V

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44436 on: February 19, 2014, 04:36:00 pm »

Glyphgryph confirmed for Blank.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44437 on: February 19, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »

I have been accused of antimagic and antiwitchery.

As in, apparently my mere presence in the same building makes psychics and witches lose all confidence in their magical powers and renders them useless.
Can I borrow you to work tomorrow? There are some witches that need be antiwitched. At least for as long as I'm there...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #44438 on: February 19, 2014, 05:06:49 pm »

Glyphgryph confirmed for Blank.

I cant be him! I'm far too cruel and heartless.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #44439 on: February 19, 2014, 05:33:10 pm »

*Rings the LordSlowpoke signal*
It's FEF, not FEOF

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44440 on: February 19, 2014, 05:51:40 pm »

I tried to join a Coven in freshmen year of High School because I was a stupid high schooler and wanted to be magical and also maybe have friends?

I was kicked out halfway through the first meeting for "messing up all their spells".

The reputation has followed me even to my current software job, where I am often giving things simply to use, because if it's working by some sort of dark code magic instead of working correctly, it will cease to work at all when I'm in front of the machine, so I am a convenient way to test.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #44441 on: February 19, 2014, 05:56:10 pm »

*Rings the LordSlowpoke signal*

My mind connected this into something like "Lord of the Rings of LordSlowpoke" so there's my nightly WTF dose.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44442 on: February 19, 2014, 06:00:27 pm »

I tried to join a Coven in freshmen year of High School because I was a stupid high schooler and wanted to be magical and also maybe have friends?

I was kicked out halfway through the first meeting for "messing up all their spells".

The reputation has followed me even to my current software job, where I am often giving things simply to use, because if it's working by some sort of dark code magic instead of working correctly, it will cease to work at all when I'm in front of the machine, so I am a convenient way to test.
That's ridiculous, everyone knows you don't blame spells going awry on people dorking it up.

A good magician never blames his fools.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44443 on: February 19, 2014, 06:05:19 pm »

This is typical of tech workers. Bugs only occur when there is nobody around to help.

I find that the presence of even the moderately skeptic can cause even the most powerful magician to suddenly feel that he's "not strong today", as Uri Geller repeatedly told Randi and Carson. Remember that a prize of 1 million dollars was offered by the Amazing Randi for the performance, under laboratory conditions, of any supernatural powers whatsoever and not one person ever was able to pass the tests. Many tried, and many were even shocked that their powers weren't working. People can even fool themselves if they believe hard enough that they can do magic.

And yes, the psychic was able to work hand in hand with the foundation to create the testing procedure. And they would accommodate requests like having Randi leave the building etc. so the psychic could work uninterrupted. And you could even turn down the prize if you wanted, which meant the old chestnut of "I can't use it for personal gain" is meaningless. Besides, Sylvia Brown sure profited despite her numerous failures and only occasional, peripherally-successful "hits".
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44444 on: February 19, 2014, 06:26:35 pm »

That's ridiculous, everyone knows you don't blame spells going awry on people dorking it up.

A good magician never blames his fools.
I simultaneously want to punch you and applaud you for that phrasework.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 2961 2962 [2963] 2964 2965 ... 11002