Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2913 2914 [2915] 2916 2917 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430428 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43710 on: February 04, 2014, 11:12:37 am »

Looks like it might increase battery life instead...
My computer frequently claims to have ~460 hours left.

Fake Edit: Wow. For once, it actually displays a reasonable amount of time.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43712 on: February 04, 2014, 11:29:58 am »

Looks like it might increase battery life instead...

I wish my laptop lasted that long. Once I accidently unplugged the charger and it died within the hour.

Fake Edit: Okay thats an overexageration but it still didn't last too long.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43713 on: February 04, 2014, 11:37:32 am »

My laptop's battery is kind-off broken. If it accidentally gets unplugged, it will run out of power before it finishes it's hibernation.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43714 on: February 04, 2014, 12:06:27 pm »

We have a Denver Broncos cake. None of us even watch football. I think we just wanted a cake.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #43715 on: February 04, 2014, 12:10:14 pm »

We have a Denver Broncos cake. None of us even watch football. I think we just wanted a cake.

I'm pretty sure it was on sale. And cheap. Since you know, they kinda got steamrolled this sunday.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #43716 on: February 04, 2014, 01:06:27 pm »

re: Super Bowl The joke du jour in my area is: "Hey, you're the Seahawks, I'm Peyton Manning. Catch!" One of my friend's responses:
Friend: "Wait, I'm the Seahawks?"
Me: "Yeah. O shi-"
*tackle*
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43717 on: February 04, 2014, 02:09:38 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43718 on: February 04, 2014, 02:28:31 pm »

Back when there were six people living in our house (my mom, me, her boyfriend, and his three kids), we only needed to peel six potatoes when we were cooking a meal. One decently sized potato per person was enough.

I had to peel potatoes for the first time in months. I guess we are finally going to eat something that isn't just take-out garbage. But there are only three of us, and I just had to peel almost a dozen potatoes.

I don't understand how that happened. You would think we would need less food for less people, not more food for less people.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43719 on: February 04, 2014, 03:09:24 pm »

Maybe your portions of potato per person were higher because there was less variety in the other foods? Maybe you bought smaller potatoes this time and larger ones before. If you use an actual potato peeler you get less of the flesh taken off with the skin, so maybe you used to use a peeler and now you use a less-efficient knife?

Might wanna eat them skins. I hear a lot of the nutrients are in there. No good for mashing but cubed potatoes baked in oil and spices are yummy.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43720 on: February 04, 2014, 03:13:33 pm »

Back when there were six people living in our house (my mom, me, her boyfriend, and his three kids), we only needed to peel six potatoes when we were cooking a meal. One decently sized potato per person was enough.

I had to peel potatoes for the first time in months. I guess we are finally going to eat something that isn't just take-out garbage. But there are only three of us, and I just had to peel almost a dozen potatoes.

I don't understand how that happened. You would think we would need less food for less people, not more food for less people.
dont know how big are your potatoes but we eat like twenty for one sunday lunch with 5 people

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:20:02 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43722 on: February 04, 2014, 03:24:25 pm »

I still use the same peeler, and these potatoes are definitely not any smaller.

They aren't any smaller than what I remember, anyways.

I think it's my mom still cooking like we have more people than we do, since there is always leftovers.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43723 on: February 04, 2014, 03:34:46 pm »

Potatoes come in all shapes and sizes. It's probably a difference in brand and/or supplier.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43724 on: February 04, 2014, 04:04:11 pm »

The answer is very simple psychologically (or at least my guess at what psychology is):

When there are more people, you worry about being judged more due to the higher concentration of people. If you take an extra potato or even *gasp* the LAST potato, it will make you seem selfish. With so many people, your brain subconsciouslly doesn't want to seem selfish by eating anymore than anyone else. With less people, you worry about being judged less and are more willing to take a second potato because there are still many left so everyone can still take one.

You also talk more when there are more people at the table. This talking increases the amount of time you spend at the table and lets you digest your food and feel fuller. You also spend more time talking, during which you are not eating. This leads to the consumption of less potatoes in the same amount of time, and makes you feel full faster. With less people, you spend less time talking and more time eating in awkward silence.
Pages: 1 ... 2913 2914 [2915] 2916 2917 ... 11039