Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432717 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4200 on: January 21, 2012, 04:05:33 pm »

I hate the winter, right now it's 62 degrees F out, and today's high is only 70. (just looked it up)

62 is cold to you? That's the temperature when we open all the windows and go to T-shirts.
shit i stop wearing shorts at 19 degrees.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:11:37 pm by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: January 21, 2012, 04:18:04 pm »

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/couple-finally-reveals-childs-gender-five-years-birth-180300388.html
I... I... I don't know what to say to that.  On one hand, great they're trying to eliminate gender-typing, on the other hand...
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: January 21, 2012, 04:18:55 pm »

I hate the winter, right now it's 62 degrees F out, and today's high is only 70. (just looked it up)

62 is cold to you? That's the temperature when we open all the windows and go to T-shirts.

Under 70 degrees I can't go outside without a jacket, under 60 I wear 2.

I'm sure you'd all die during the summer here, where it gets above 100 every year, and some years gets close to 120.

and regarding that article, since when is Sasha a gender neutral name?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: January 21, 2012, 04:25:31 pm »

I'm sure you'd all die during the summer here, where it gets above 100 every year, and some years gets close to 120.

Meh. That is actually not much worse then it is here.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: January 21, 2012, 04:33:25 pm »

Midwestern weather, we get as hot as the Southern states during the summer and as cold as Canada during the winter. Motherfucking seasons up in this bitch!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: January 21, 2012, 04:33:58 pm »

Pretty standard sumemr weather here too. Little warmer than here, but it's the 85% humidity that really gets to you.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: January 21, 2012, 04:34:38 pm »

We get 120% humidity and call it dry.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: January 21, 2012, 04:38:41 pm »

We tend to get ~10 F to ~105 F weather here. Rarely gets higher or lower than that. Really low humidity. Semi-arid climate, after all.

In fact, when I move away, I'm specifically hoping for somewhere humid. I can't stand dry air.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: January 21, 2012, 05:03:44 pm »

In the weather year (starting with winter) 2010-2011. The highs here ranged between 6 and 100 degrees. Heat indexes (a measurement which takes humidity into account, often more useful for determining if the weather is dangerous or not) reached 130, with wind chill factors (which factors in the extent to which wind speed makes things worse, also useful for determining how dangerous the weather is) dipping as low as -25. NOt quite as bad as Canada or Florida can get. Still pretty bad at times.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: January 21, 2012, 05:06:51 pm »

where'd you get that information? as I'm now interested in the weather stats of my area.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: January 21, 2012, 05:11:18 pm »

Unfortunately, I mostly got them from private records. I'm sure you can find them, but I'm not certain where they might be.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: January 21, 2012, 05:52:26 pm »

Midwestern weather, we get as hot as the Southern states during the summer and as cold as Canada during the winter. Motherfucking seasons up in this bitch!

Fucking hate it, because it's also unpredictable as hell.  Temperature swings of 40 F in a single day are not unheard of.  Seasons are so fucked up here.  It's guaranteed to be hot in the summer (80-100 F for 3-4 straight months), but for the rest of the year it's all over the place.  There is no solid block of winter.  You can have a 10 F ice storm one day, then 65 F the next in the middle of January.  Our roads are in permanently terrible condition because of the constant freeze-thaw action.  Our late spring is referred to as "hyperfix".
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: January 21, 2012, 05:56:26 pm »

Fucking hate it, because it's also unpredictable as hell.  Temperature swings of 40 F in a single day are not unheard of.  Seasons are so fucked up here.  It's guaranteed to be hot in the summer (80-100 F for 3-4 straight months), but for the rest of the year it's all over the place.  There is no solid block of winter.  You can have a 10 F ice storm one day, then 65 F the next in the middle of January.  Our roads are in permanently terrible condition because of the constant freeze-thaw action.  Our late spring is referred to as "hyperfix".
I can sympathize, where I live we have a joke: "Don't like the weather here?  Stick around for an hour!"
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: January 21, 2012, 05:59:47 pm »

where I live we have the joke "our seasons are (in order) Summer, Hell, Summer, and spring"

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 11039