Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2780 2781 [2782] 2783 2784 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481242 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41715 on: December 26, 2013, 03:29:52 am »

I finally manned up and booted dwarf fortress again . . . and now remember why I stopped.

not only am i very, very picky about my worlds, but i remdmber I overwrote my raws for a game and did not vack them up.  hours of tweaking.  i was disheartened.  anywho.  i need to swing by the thread w/not midget fortress born dwarves thread.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41716 on: December 26, 2013, 03:32:32 am »

My dog is seemingly possessed by a demon. Or he could just snore loudly. REALLY loudly. Jesus, dog you snore louder than most people I've heard.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41717 on: December 26, 2013, 09:57:18 am »

oil now 'green' and stuff

Spoiler: wall of text (click to show/hide)

read on a forum, but tge arse forgot a link and on phone.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 09:58:57 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41718 on: December 26, 2013, 10:17:47 am »

Then they put carbon-capture in oil plants into a perpetual oil pump machine to power itself.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41719 on: December 26, 2013, 11:12:08 am »

I honestly can't see what is the problem*. Honestly, one way or another the energy companies would have found their Co². There're plenty of sources for it. The article makes the mistake of making a link where there's none. The fact that more bottled Co² is available doesn't result in the production of more oil. And at least this is a permanent solution, unlike some Co² capture installations which sell the captured gas to soft drinks produces.

*Besides the fact, that as always,  "green" policies are designed to look effective on paper, not in reality.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41720 on: December 26, 2013, 11:23:49 am »

My browser appears to have forgotten all of my settings and extensions for no apparent reason. Quick fix, but still kind of worrisome.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #41721 on: December 26, 2013, 01:14:25 pm »

Fake deaf sign language interpreter committed to a psychiatric hospital. Somehow the fact that the man is certified to be ax-crazy and has been for several years only enhaces the comedic value of the whole episode.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/20/nelson-mandela-memorial-interpreter-psychiatric-hospital

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:16:07 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41722 on: December 26, 2013, 01:20:14 pm »

Fake deaf sign language interpreter committed to a psychiatric hospital. Somehow the fact that the man is certified to be ax-crazy and has been for several years only enhaces the comedic value of the whole episode.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/20/nelson-mandela-memorial-interpreter-psychiatric-hospital

How did they manage to hire this guy? Did they just walk up to somebody at random and ask if they knew sign language?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41723 on: December 26, 2013, 01:32:28 pm »

How did they manage to hire this guy? Did they just walk up to somebody at random and ask if they knew sign language?

If my parents are anything to go by, pretty much :P

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41724 on: December 26, 2013, 02:17:03 pm »

When did I uncynical?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #41725 on: December 26, 2013, 02:20:33 pm »

Right after I get my huge influx of snow globe cards. The steam marketplace and inventory pages explode for me T_T
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #41726 on: December 26, 2013, 02:28:20 pm »

My crazy uncle is here again.

Apparantly iPads give you poo-cancer.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41727 on: December 26, 2013, 02:33:37 pm »

Cancer of the poo shouldn't be too much of a problem. Does he mean cancer of the poo-related organs?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #41728 on: December 26, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »

He means the government is evil.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #41729 on: December 26, 2013, 03:38:05 pm »

I'm trying to recover from dangerous levels of Zdzisław Beksiński exposure. It's equal parts 'wow', 'WTF' and 'JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2780 2781 [2782] 2783 2784 ... 11037