Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2777 2778 [2779] 2780 2781 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480229 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41670 on: December 23, 2013, 11:52:45 pm »

Friend is asking me if I've ever imagined us having sex.
I do not know how to respond.
Considering poofing away in a cloud of smoke.
How do?
"I hadn't yet, but now I can't stop myself, and it's your fault. Thanks."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41671 on: December 23, 2013, 11:55:31 pm »

That's actually a pretty good one. Anywho, thanks for the advice everyone, but I managed to diffuse the situation through sheer I don't even know power.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #41672 on: December 24, 2013, 12:19:02 am »

The Quest For The Holy Foreskin
 For centuries, the relic of the Holy Foreskin was considered by believers to be the only piece of
 Jesus' flesh to remain on earth after he ascended to heaven, and thus was among the most sacred
 relics in Christendom. Then, on New Year's Day 1983, in a tiny village in the Italian countryside,
 Father Don Dario announced to his expectant flock that their beloved relic had been stolen. In The
 Quest for the Holy Foreskin we will follow writer David Farley on his mission to find out what
 happened to the Holy Foreskin. He has been offered a certified Holy Foreskin by an Italian relic
 dealer. Could this be the relic that went missing from Calcata? With the relic in his possession,
 Farley will try to find out if it could be the real Foreskin of Jesus Christ. He will visit DNA
 laboratories in Germany and infiltrate the Vatican in his search for answers. Farley will also
 discover the legend of the Holy Foreskin and the crucial role it played in European history.
 Ultimately he will go to Calcata to confront priest Don Dario and reveal the truth once and for all.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41673 on: December 24, 2013, 12:29:50 am »

"In 1900, the Roman Catholic Church resolved the dilemma by ruling that anyone thenceforward writing or speaking of the Holy Prepuce would be excommunicated." - Wikipedia

THAT SOLVES NOTHING
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41674 on: December 24, 2013, 12:30:42 am »

The Quest For The Holy Foreskin
 For centuries, the relic of the Holy Foreskin was considered by believers to be the only piece of
 Jesus' flesh to remain on earth after he ascended to heaven, and thus was among the most sacred
 relics in Christendom. Then, on New Year's Day 1983, in a tiny village in the Italian countryside,
 Father Don Dario announced to his expectant flock that their beloved relic had been stolen. In The
 Quest for the Holy Foreskin we will follow writer David Farley on his mission to find out what
 happened to the Holy Foreskin. He has been offered a certified Holy Foreskin by an Italian relic
 dealer. Could this be the relic that went missing from Calcata? With the relic in his possession,
 Farley will try to find out if it could be the real Foreskin of Jesus Christ. He will visit DNA
 laboratories in Germany and infiltrate the Vatican in his search for answers. Farley will also
 discover the legend of the Holy Foreskin and the crucial role it played in European history.
 Ultimately he will go to Calcata to confront priest Don Dario and reveal the truth once and for all.

The plot of the next Dan Brown novel?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41675 on: December 24, 2013, 12:36:05 am »

Quote from: Brian Wheeler
Quote from: Soulece
Hey Brian. I've been a hardcore fan of TES series and it's lore for 15 years now and at first ESO worried me but after seeing the info you have released about the game, I'm very excited for the game.

This question is more in connection to Cyrodiil, the pvp zone, instead of PvP itself. In the guide to Tamriel, Cyrodiil used to have jungles. Then when Oblivion came out, the jungle was absent and that was explained by Talos changing the climate. However, ESO is set before the birth of Tiber Septim. Will Cyrodiil have jungles?
Cyrodiil in our timeline will look very familiar to Oblivion, however much more spread out.  To the question of Jungles in Cyrodiil and the question of Tiber Septim changing the climate, we have a book in the game for you to find for more details about that hiding in Cyrodiil itself ;)p

Oh boy. I wonder how they'll worm their way out of that one.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41676 on: December 24, 2013, 12:50:05 am »

It wouldn't be the first time time travel messed with things. Perhaps Talos' shout altered the climate retroactively.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41677 on: December 24, 2013, 12:56:43 am »

It wasn't a shout, it was CHIM.

The retroactivity actually makes more sense with that, considering.

(Out-of-game corroboration, though the pertinent part shows up in Skyrim)

(CHIM literally means royalty, for context)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:00:38 am by Putnam »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41678 on: December 24, 2013, 01:43:14 am »

Oh, hey, I misinterpreted the second link the first time I read it. Thanks!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41679 on: December 24, 2013, 01:52:51 am »

Saw such a ridiculously nasty wreck today that I'm still wondering just what went down. It was a box truck (not a tractor-trailer like what I drive), apparently flipped upside down and appearing slightly flattened, closing down three of the five lanes of freeway, and among the numerous emergency vehicles and heavy-duty tow trucks I saw a vehicle with the words "HazMat Response" on it. This was a fairly smooth, flat, straight section of freeway and there were no other wrecked vehicles that I could see, so what the hell happened?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41680 on: December 24, 2013, 01:53:56 am »

Perhaps somebody attempted to re-enact the truck-flip from The Dark Knight with a truck full of nuclear waste?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41681 on: December 24, 2013, 02:04:34 am »

Godzilla attack.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41682 on: December 24, 2013, 02:05:44 am »

Both wrong. It was a Foundation transport moving a dangerous SCP to another site. Now they have to go recapture the damn thing again.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41683 on: December 24, 2013, 02:06:03 am »

Godzilla attack.
Godzilla's losing it if that's all the damage it managed to do.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41684 on: December 24, 2013, 02:08:26 am »

Godzilla attack.
Godzilla's losing it if that's all the damage it managed to do.
She's old. What more do you want from a pensioner?

Pages: 1 ... 2777 2778 [2779] 2780 2781 ... 11037