Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2764 2765 [2766] 2767 2768 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471888 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41475 on: December 17, 2013, 05:32:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41476 on: December 17, 2013, 05:35:22 pm »

I'm a bit concerned about them dropping the 'We have your parcel' bit too.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41477 on: December 17, 2013, 05:38:59 pm »

You're actually reading it backwards, the real reason it costs so much is that they're using time travel to deliver it retroactively.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41478 on: December 17, 2013, 05:41:27 pm »

So I should expect it yesterday?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41479 on: December 17, 2013, 05:48:40 pm »

No, because then they'd be getting complaints for sending shit to people who didn't order it yet, and still charging them. Which would mean they never placed the order because they spontaneously had something. Which would mean they would never get the package, because they never ordered a package. They still have to deliver it at some point after it was ordered.

In the grocery store section of a large, well-known department store in Seoul, Korea, I found that they were selling deer butts as gift sets, in a box wrapped with a velvet ribbon and stuff. They were all hairy :v
Also, sky: Deer buttocks wrapped in velvet? Like, the whole ass end, unbutchered? That seems absolutely ridiculous.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #41480 on: December 17, 2013, 05:49:10 pm »

Well, yes, you shoull haven be* expected your package yesterday, but the delivery man will have be now stuck in a time loop.

* For explanation, read Dr. Dan Streetmentioner's 1,001 Tense Formations.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41481 on: December 17, 2013, 05:54:48 pm »

Well, yes, you shoull haven be* expected your package yesterday, but the delivery man will have be now stuck in a time loop.

* For explanation, read Dr. Dan Streetmentioner's 1,001 Tense Formations.
I thought it was just a Swedish Typo.

And it's not a typo that they left out the "we have your package" part. There's a brief period after the delivery man hurls it but before it lands on your property, during which no person "has" your package. It can be longer if the wind catches it or the deliveryman whips the van around and slings it upward out of the side door.

I think there's a flash game in that.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #41482 on: December 17, 2013, 06:08:49 pm »

We CAN actually be assaulted by packs of vicious wild bears. With guns. They're called gangsters, hate groups and drug dealers, and we have plenty of them. It's good to have something more than two shots available if they decide they want to kill you for whatever reason.
These are, of course, protected by the 2-1 Amendment, which guarantees the right to arm bears.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41483 on: December 17, 2013, 06:17:56 pm »

So it's rather cold in the house right now, but I've dressed a bit warmer and don't really feel all that cold. And yet, for a few minutes, I couldn't stop shivering. Like, barely able to control my movement levels of shivering.

Fucking winter, and fucking expensive heating methods, can't wait to get back home to my 9 square meters of room and a giant ass radiator to turn it into an oven.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41484 on: December 17, 2013, 07:25:28 pm »

We CAN actually be assaulted by packs of vicious wild bears. With guns. They're called gangsters, hate groups and drug dealers, and we have plenty of them. It's good to have something more than two shots available if they decide they want to kill you for whatever reason.
These are, of course, protected by the 2-1 Amendment, which guarantees the right to arm bears.
There's a forum game going on right now called YOU BEAR that you might just enjoy.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41485 on: December 17, 2013, 11:02:14 pm »

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #41486 on: December 17, 2013, 11:28:29 pm »

MISTER TAMBOURINE MAAAAAN!

You've heard his version of Rocket Man, yeah?

Meanwhile, I am reading over the archive of some old Diplomacy games, and came across the following...interesting order given by one Russia:

"F NWY C PIE-SWI".

For those of you unfamiliar with game shorthand, that's:

"Fleet in Norway is ordered to convoy the (Turkish) army in Piedmont to Switzerland".

Norway borders neither Piedmont nor Switzerland. Convoys can only be done by fleets in water provinces, which Norway is not. They must start from and end in coastal provinces. Not only is Switzerland landlocked, but it is by game rules completely impassable by any unit. This convoy order is not connected with any other convoy order, ie this is not a chain convoy. Later on, that same Norwegian fleet was ordered to convoy an army in Tyrolia to Venice while a fleet in Kiel controlled by the same player simultaneously made the same "move", and a French fleet in the Mid-Atlantic attempted to convoy an army in Silesia to Vienna. There was also an incident in which a Turkish army in Sevastopol supported a Russian army in Moscow...except that the only foreign unit Moscow bordered was that same Turkish army. Did I note that this game lasted until Fall 1964?

This reminds me that I need to give GMing a Diplo game in Forum Games another try.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:43:14 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41487 on: December 17, 2013, 11:51:35 pm »

That was obviously a Russian experiment in airship transportation. With enough zeppelins, the whole world is a water province.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41488 on: December 18, 2013, 01:53:24 am »

So for no apparent reason I woke up at 7 AM today. Maybe it was the dream?

But it wasn't scary or anything, I was just visiting my cousins and the place was slightly wierder than usual, nothing special or anything :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41489 on: December 18, 2013, 02:10:28 am »

Double-clicking the word "Akulakhan" with Google Dictionary gives me this text:

Numidia (202 BC – 46 BC) was an ancient Berber kingdom in present-day Algeria and part of Tunisia (North Africa) that later alternated between being a Roman province and being a Roman client state, and is no longer in existence today.

And then links me to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akulakhan

Now, I know of Numidia, but I never really connected it to Numidium like Google seems to think should be done.
Pages: 1 ... 2764 2765 [2766] 2767 2768 ... 11037